• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Eyeglasses/Contact Lens and You

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
i have glasses but i never wear them. Im short sighted in my left eye so my right eye evens out my vision and i can see normaly.

indigohex

I have been wearing glasses since 2008 (just before my last semester of my undergraduate degree), and I got checked again earlier this year at my local optometrist (which has since closed down and replaced by HBA, which is being rebranded to Bupa at the current time). I am planning to see another optometrist at the same shopping centre though (here in north-west Melbourne, I won't reveal where though).

Last edited:

Riceslash

The pangolin
Well, I wear glasses, don't know how strong they are though. My eyesights been getting worse which is annoying me. I like wearing them, it makes me look more intelligent, I probably wouldn't like to wear contacts because I don't like thing in my eye.

The only bad thing about glasses is when it rains, someone needs to invent "windscreen wipers" for glasses.

olivianrose

Goodbye..
I have worn Glasses on and off since second grade. But for some reason, I stopped wearing them when I started tenth grade.. It seems that I don't need it anymore. I have never worn Contacts... :p

BossTrainer

I'm pretty blind when it comes to seeing things far away~ all I can see is smudges. :p
So I only wear my glasses sometimes. If I wear them all the time it'll ruin my swag. :s

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I tend to wear glasses when I'm doing something work-related, but otherwise I don't need to use them. Does anyone else feel squelchy whenever stuff like this (regarding the eyes) comes up?

I know somebody who fell asleep with contacts in and they fused to their eyes

o_O What???

Anyways, I've worn eye glasses since the 1st grade. I don't wear them often today because I look horrible with them on. Therefore, I only bring them out when it's necessary.

indigohex

Well, I wear glasses, don't know how strong they are though. My eyesights been getting worse which is annoying me. I like wearing them, it makes me look more intelligent, I probably wouldn't like to wear contacts because I don't like thing in my eye.

The only bad thing about glasses is when it rains, someone needs to invent "windscreen wipers" for glasses.

I agree. I wouldn't like to wear contacts myself. I also agree with your comments that someone needs to invent "windscreen wipers" for glasses, as it gets really annoying with glasses fogging up when it rains (although I spend time inside when it is raining).

Aquarelle

Staff member
My vision was perfect until I was thirteen, when I became near sighted. I've had glasses ever since then. I usually only wear them while at school or when watching TV or using the computer, though I probably should wear them more. I think they don't look good on me, especially because I don't know how to wear them with my long bangs.

My eyes have gotten worse over the past few years. I need to get a new pair of glasses with a stronger prescription, but I keep forgetting. :p

I would never want to wear contacts. The thought of placing a lens on my eyeball makes me very nervous.

Pikachu1125

Rap Rocker
I wear glasses only at home and contacts when I'm outside; I look plain terrible in glasses, they do not fit me at all. :(

Grei

not the color
I wear contacts because glasses are such a pain. I hate not having good peripheral vision, and having to keep them clean all the damn time is annoying. Yeah, they're convenient, but I like contacts a lot more.

Of course, this excludes when I get an eye infection and am forced to wear glasses for up to two weeks (both irritating and dangerous, since I have to drive places and I'm pretty sure the idiot at Visionworks mis-prescribed me).

kyogreblue3

take a byte
I wear glasses. I've worn them since Grade 1, I think . . . . might be 2nd.
I only take them off to sleep, since everything's blurry when I don't wear them. I mean, I can still see stuff but it's all just a bunch of connected shapes with no details xD

I could look out the window without my glasses on right now and see a blurry brown rectangle (mailbox), a blurry strip of green (grass), and blurry green squares (bushes).

I plan to wear glasses all my life; I look like a BAWS when they're on :p
If I ever do laser eye surgery, though, I'll just wear fake glasses
Contacts aren't an option . . . I don't really want to try them . . .

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I wear contacts because glasses are such a pain. I hate not having good peripheral vision, and having to keep them clean all the damn time is annoying. Yeah, they're convenient, but I like contacts a lot more.
Aren't contacts even more of a burden? I was under the impression that you had to clean them daily, and get them replaced far more often than you'd need new glasses(on the scale of months rather than years). Besides, cleaning glasses isn't that hard; just keep your fingers away from the damned lenses and you only have to spritz them with cleaner once a week or less. Pretty much the only time I feel like they're dirty enough to bother me is when I accidently get my fingerprints over the lenses; your brain learns to ignore the really minor smudges and scratches(same with the peripheral vision).

As you might have guessed by now, I wear glasses. I've had them since second grade, and can't really imagine not having them at this point. Contacts just seem like a pain in the ***(leave them in too long and get eye problems! Slack off on cleaning them and get eye problems! Oh, and you have to replace them more often! What a bargain!). And the one time I tried them, I couldn't even get someone else to get them in my eye, let alone get me to put them in my eye. But glasses look good(as long as you have an idea of what frame type goes with your face), so I don't mind. The only bad part is sunglasses; you either have to get prescription sunglasses(which cost way too damned much), get glasses that have a set of clip-ons that come with them, or buy glasses and pray you can find clip-ons that fit them later. At least I don't really need sunglasses too often.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I started to year glasses mid to late elementary and then went for contacts by early high school. Contacts make my life a little easier. I like to play soccer and spar, but I had to either take them off or wear sport glasses, which I thought they're actually pretty cool. But there was times that I would rather not wear glasses and my sport glasses weren't available. So I decided to make the change to contacts so I could do sports without switching to sports glasses. Plus, I look better without a bunch of metal in my face.