• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Faba Strikes Back! Nebby Gets Abducted!! (993)

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
As nice as it is for Lusamine to regret not being there for her daughter, it'd also be nice if she devoted more focus to punishing the man responsible for her daughter's trauma. Yep, the USA got to see Ash tackle Faba just as Japan did. No one can say he didn't have it coming. But now Lusamine's gone, and so the arc goes to deriving from vanilla SM.

Good to see the music editing fluke from yesterday's episode wasn't repeated. Also, that cue at the episode's very end when Lusamine got taken away might be Mr. Goldfarb's most suspenseful composition yet.

This arc's continuing to pick up steam.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
What's Faba's deal anyway?

Is he trying to hook up with Lusamine or what?

Why the obsession?

"You'll see, Lusamine!!!" while doing that weird pose

Anyway, I loved seeing Ash tackle Faba. It's so rare for him to physically tackle another human being in this show.

And I loved it more when Faba then proceeded to get tackled again, this time by UB-01. So epic and hilarious! I hate him!

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
What's Faba's deal anyway?

Is he trying to hook up with Lusamine or what?

Why the obsession?

"You'll see, Lusamine!!!" while doing that weird pose

Anyway, I loved seeing Ash tackle Faba. It's so rare for him to physically tackle another human being in this show.

And I loved it more when Faba then proceeded to get tackled again, this time by UB-01. So epic and hilarious! I hate him!

I don't think it's anything like that. I think Faba's more interested in saving/advancing his career. Him being responsible for Lillie's trauma and later on abducting Lillie and Nebby trying to cover it up essentially ruined his career at Aether. But he also knows that Lusamine really wants to meet an Ultra Beast, so he believes he can salvage his career back if he grants her that desire.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
unless they really end it all at 53.

SM054 is called "10,000,000 reasons to fight!!!"

Uh, no one has been proven wrong here. A lot of us acknowledged that Lusamine would probably turn evil against her will due to Nihilego. But that doesn't change the fact that till now, she wasn't evil at all, unlike some who were suggesting that everything she did till now was a facade.

I think you misunderstood her, because you and she agree.

Except that user clearly implied multiple times that he didn't want her to be an antagonist at all and was quite rude to people who thought otherwise :rolleyes:

^this

Maybe the Tapus "evolve" Ash's Electrium-Z into Pikashunium-Z.

And if Tapu Koko does that for Ash, please let Tapu Fini do the same for Lana and turn her Waterium Z into a Primarium Z! We really need another girl's starter to fully evolve.. the only one we've had is May, and hers didn't do it until her final episode.

XD Why did no one else go though? The jet doesn't seem that small.

Gladion actually wanted no one to go except him and Lillie because it was a family issue, but Ash convinced him that he should come too. It was less about the size, and more about whom Gladion wanted coming.

I agree Ash should have kept a better eye on Nebby and he should have known a sleeping owl does not make a very good bodyguard. At the very least, he shouldn't have left his backpack so far away

I think he did that so that they could sleep in peace and not be disturbed by their voices or the jumping.

That jump rope scene was incredibly well animated for a television schedule. Iwane Masa'aki has apparently said that animating that scene made him feel like he was about to die.

?????????

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Jump rope at a Pokemon school, another lame stupid tactic.... yet people praise for some freaking reason. A Pokemon school is supposed to be about Pokemon stuff, not stuff from real life. I can see that crap in other shows.

And I don't even know what Sailor Moon is, but I knew the pose as other shows make fun of that. It was hilarious seeing Faba do that.
I really hope we can see Faba battle again at some point, given how powerful they treated his Alakazam and Hypno.... yet they're not even used here. It'd be neat if they reference his being a title challenger by having him fight Ash in the League, I'd love to see him and Ash have a proper battle. We don't see Ash have to battle that many Psychic types after all, I don't think any of his rivals has actually possessed one come to think of it.... apart from Conway's Slowking.

It'd have been a neat twist if they had Faba end up morphing with Nihilego instead of just having it be Lusamine because the games did it.
Still disappointed about the TRio getting tossed aside but at least they tried to stop Faba, them teleporting to Bewear is not funny though.... it's completely unoriginal. I love seeing Bewear's gag, it much like Brock's and James' never grows old.

And you think Ash would know by now that he simply can't touch machinery his Pokemon are locked inside of.... I loved seeing him tackle Faba though.
Also, Nebby should have remained a Cosmog for at least 15-20 episodes. He didn't even reach 8!

7/10

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
We don't see Ash have to battle that many Psychic types after all, I don't think any of his rivals has actually possessed one come to think of it.... apart from Conway's Slowking.
Alain's Metagross

Vipsoccermaster

Heh, jump roping. The classmates and Pokémon are all good, just that Ash got a bit carried away. Liked the face Faba made when he caught Wobbuffet instead of Nebby. Towards the end, it got intense, seeing how Faba was able to open the Ultra Wormhole and summon the Ultra Beast, yet Lusamine was taken away with the beast as Lusamine really didn't want the beast to take her precious children.

Loved that moment when Ash tackled Faba and then the beast slapped Faba away. Faba deserved those two punishing moments.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
These school lessons are starting to get more and more...stupid. It's a miracle Turtonator didn't make a fool of itself (by failing at jumping).

That jump rope scene was incredibly well animated for a television schedule. Iwane Masa'aki has apparently said that animating that scene made him feel like he was about to die.

...Is it sad that they sacrifice manpower for stuff like this.

I swear to god, there's something so extremely wrong with a grown man offering a baby candy just to kidnap them.

Where's the security in this massive floating island?! Why does this place look so deserted?! It's like they're begging Team Rocket to steal everything but they are too distracted with other stuff to care! No wonder why Faba slipped out so easily from the island to go to Melemele. Hire people, Lusamine. YOU CAN DO THAT.

Ahh, so Lusamine taught Lillie when she was 6 how to cut with a damned sharp knife.

Ash, seriously, you'll be crazy good at tackle football. Shame that didn't do much.

Why does Nihilego look so much like Lillie? It's like Lillie is a fanatic, but my other theory would be her mother tried to dress her as one, but naaaaaaaaah, that can't be it.

And again, poor security lets this plot happen. Gladion is well-armed with even a newly-evolved Pokemon, yet they decide to have a stupid stare contest against Nihilego (it won by the way) rather than pushing it away from Lillie.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
...Is it sad that they sacrifice manpower for stuff like this.

No, it's not. Animators love animating all kinds of things. Iwane has spent most of his career animating fights so he's probably in love with Sun & Moon for how it so often offers him the opportunity to animate outside of battle scenes. This jump rope scene is probably the most difficult thing he has had to animate in forty years of animating.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Why does Nihilego look so much like Lillie? It's like Lillie is a fanatic, but my other theory would be her mother tried to dress her as one, but naaaaaaaaah, that can't be it.
As far as I know, the manga actually made the "Lusamine tried to make her look like one" explanation canon, and the game also heavily implies it... though in the anime that doesn't quite work. At least in those other media one could assume that she's seen an Utsuroid before at some point, but the anime states several times that she has never seen an Ultra Beast before at all... Unless she's seen pictures of one I guess. Still, Lusamine isn't the same control-freak in the anime that she was in the manga, so the "She forced her to dress in a way that looks like Utsuroid" explanation doesn't really add up there anyway.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
As far as I know, the manga actually made the "Lusamine tried to make her look like one" explanation canon, and the game also heavily implies it... though in the anime that doesn't quite work. At least in those other media one could assume that she's seen an Utsuroid before at some point, but the anime states several times that she has never seen an Ultra Beast before at all... Unless she's seen pictures of one I guess. Still, Lusamine isn't the same control-freak in the anime that she was in the manga, so the "She forced her to dress in a way that looks like Utsuroid" explanation doesn't really add up there anyway.

I was being sarcastic.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Ash, seriously, you'll be crazy good at tackle football. Shame that didn't do much.

He and Iris only played tennis in Nimbasa City. Looks like they should have gone to Big Stadium instead of Small Court.

This jump rope scene is probably the most difficult thing he has had to animate in forty years of animating.

and it was totally unneccessary

I was being sarcastic.

LOL! @Lord Starfish looks like you are yet unfamiliar with the ways of @AuraChannelerChris ! Maybe if you had been around for XY&Z37 you would have been telling him that Michael Bay did not actually direct this scene, and Sonic did not appear in the episode:D

But then Michael Bay came in to direct the rest and everything fell apart to me. A Supersonic that doesn't confuse the opponent and just serves as a wind pusher, Hawlucha apparently is a Saiyan now (when did this happen?) and standing on ice reduces attack power, explosions getting bigger by every nonsensical attack there is for the sake of it, Noivern becoming the biggest jobber in history, and Agility is pretty much a free pass to turn you into Sonic the Hedgehog no matter how dreadfully slow you are.

Remix2

No, it's not. Animators love animating all kinds of things. Iwane has spent most of his career animating fights so he's probably in love with Sun & Moon for how it so often offers him the opportunity to animate outside of battle scenes. This jump rope scene is probably the most difficult thing he has had to animate in forty years of animating.

and it for a scene that is unnecessary and that no one cares about, hope they're proud about wasting his talent yet again and not having him jump ship to studio bones or trigger.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Which is something you normally would expect from 6-year olds. Not 10-year olds.
Umm, I'm seeing 10-years olds doing those things as well. In my hometown, 6-year olds & 10-years olds can still studying to the same primary schools, still having fun playing together in school backyards. I don't see how their age gap makes their interests divided...

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Which is something you normally would expect from 6-year olds. Not 10-year olds.

Eew, who cares what real ten year olds would do? Fictional ten year olds are way more entertaining and cute.

and it for a scene that is unnecessary and that no one cares about, hope they're proud about wasting his talent yet again and not having him jump ship to studio bones or trigger.

Iwane Masa'aki is a member of the two-man Studio Cockpit alongside storyboard artist and episode director Asada Yuuji. They can work on whatever projects they want. They're choosing to work on Pokemon because they like the franchise and it has continually provided them with different things to do and new ways of doing old things. There is no way either of them think they are wasting their time and talent.

Some of the best anime do no involve combat scenes and but still challenge themselves to do difficult animation. Animation doesn't exist to make action shows, it exists to express the emotions of the creators. Try watching some series that don't revolve around action.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Honestly, Faba should have been fired for his actions though or even put in jail.
I hate the fact that he gets redeemed and acts like a normal main character for the rest of the series.