• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Facebook - Let's whine and moan about the new changes!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Okay, the majority of us use facebook on a daily basis. If you use it on your computer, you probably notice the new changes that have been occurring on the website. There's playlists, a twitter-feed sidebar on crack, etc. What do you think of these changes?

Also, Facebook isn't done changing yet. You will see new changes soon!
PhillyD's video about the new Facebook

I honestly can't wait for the changes. I don't think Google+ is a legitimate threat, but it could be. This may help people stay on the Facebook. I love the new Newsfeed, and how you can choose what is a top story and what isn't. I also love the little newsfeed in the upper-right corner of your screen. I can't wait for the profile changes, it looks so much nicer than the current one and I can't wait to get a timeline in there. I say I hate Facebook, and I still do. But I love these changes and they will probably be the one thing that keeps me from moving over to Google Plus (I already am on Google+, I just will probably continue to use Facebook more).

Geekachu

I'll take the liberty of this post to whine about the idiocy that is the soon-to-be-facebook. These changes look like an abomination. I mean, there's that huge picture that's meant to be going at the top of your profile, which is basically a huge ad for pretentiousness. I can envisage it now, someone looking out to the endless ocean, because it's such a metaphor for their I'm-so-much-deeper-than-you life.

I also hate that timeline thing. I'm not sure why facebook's slowly turning into the general-person-Wikipedia, but I much rather liken it as the simple medium that keeps you in touch with your friends- and I hate all these complications they're adding. Sure I'll probably get used to it, but by that time they'll probably introduce a new update where they'll include many more self-involved, ridiculous features. Yes, I am unnecessarily raging about the changes to a social networking site, but these changes just look atrocious.

And I tried google+, it's even worse.

Amount of people whining about a service that is free and that they are in no way obligated to use is mind blowing.

I think the screen looks a bit busy with the changes but then I never really use facebook for its looks anyway, so I'm pretty unphased by any potential changes.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
I have a friend that uses Facebook and she is upset with the changes. I am still confused, though. Why are the changes bad?

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I didn't even notice the changes, but I usually go on Facebook from the iPod app.

ChedWick

I watched a little bit of his press release on some of the new changes that appear to be coming but are not quite here yet (at least that I'm aware of) and those look pretty cool but these initial changes are very poor. Some of the features are interesting like lists and subscription but the layout and execution could have been better. I always feel like I'm missing status updates if I'm not on my phone all the time. While I may have to charge my phone twice a day because of being on it all the time I'm not on fb half the time.

Facebook use to be very user friendly which is what made it so big, that and the superior interaction with your friends lives that Myspace failed at. I being a rather tech savvy person am having some issues navigating all these new things and figuring out what they do and how they do it. I feel bad for all the older people who got dragged into Facebook and addicted.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I hate those videos that companies like Facebook and Apple put together to promote stuff like this, like "oh man so inspirational!!!" or the ever-popular "So let's say me and my friend want to have lunch" or "Look at these stock photos of a random family having fun!"

Google are guilty of it too sometimes but at least they sort of parodied it to promote geolocational search
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n4-oVOKoLY

ROFLMAO

My facebook is still exactly the same as it was before all these supposed changes. I changed language to Leet after the changes and Voila! Old facebook, just in idiot-speak.

Korusan

Banned
I'm one of those people bitching about the changes lmao.

It's because they're so bloody unnecessary. It was perfectly fine the way it was (hell it was fine when you could still click a person's name in a chatbox to go to their profile) and they're adding all these little ticks and alterations, little by little, which is so mind-blowingly unhelpful that it leaves me flabbergasted. If they really wanted to change it that bad why not just save them all for one big update instead of a string of minuscule, half-operational ones? And this whole subscription system is ridiculous too; why do I need to cherrypick who I want to see and how much of it? When you have close to 300 friends it gets really time consuming to change it around thinking "well, I want to see all of Rachel's comments and likes, but I don't think I need to hear much from Jupiter, I really like the body on Alisha but I could do without hearing what she has to say...". What a bother. The one thing that really gets me though is being unable to have your feed strictly top stories or strictly chronological - this baffles the absolute fuck out of me and I don't know why they did it.

Seriously fuck that noise.

(disclaimer: all of the people I listed own and are just being used for their names)

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I didn't even notice the changes, but I usually go on Facebook from the iPod app.

This. I just use it to play Who Wants to be a Millionaire, when I can figure out how to work it.

Josiah

is your favorite
I'd like for them to just have everything be in chronological order and to be able to view a profile from clicking a chat name, but other than that, this seems pretty neat.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased?

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
A month from now there will probably be a new Facebook update. You guys hate this one? You hated the previous two. The next one you'll be complaining how they should "change it back to the old facebook!" but ironically, the "old" Facebook is what you complained about a month prior.

Rezzo

Occasionally
A month from now there will probably be a new Facebook update. You guys hate this one? You hated the previous two. The next one you'll be complaining how they should "change it back to the old facebook!" but ironically, the "old" Facebook is what you complained about a month prior.

Well that's because you can't get used to something that's being constantly changed. If they just let it be and fixed the things that are broken, well...

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Its not worth wining about though I do agree with it being a bad move I mean the new facebook is confusing Like seriously.