• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Facebook - Let's whine and moan about the new changes!

*IZ*

The change was unecessary, but I'm already used to it.

I guess the Facebook people havent heard "If its not broken, don't fix it"

zipzap713

@Peteyism
The current changes it has I'm mostly fine with. The update feed in the chat bar, is kinda nice, I just wish instead of adjust size, you could adjust how many updates are in it. I try to keep it around 3 anyway. The only thing that still annoys me, is I'd rather have the entire news feed in chronological order. Makes more sense to me. But, I created a list that cuts out most that useless stuff anyway, so I'm over it. Looking forward to the new profile system though.

Peter Quill

star-lord
The thing that sort of bothers me is how people are able to see my stuff through my friends. Or at least, I can see stuff from people I don't have added through my friends. I mean, if someone likes my status or comments on it, somebody that I don't have added can see it. Either that or every one of my mutual friend's friends have awful privacy settings.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
for someone with less than 40 friends on facebook (frankly i add people who im not bothered about seeing all my posts and who i actually care about what they post, frankly i couldnt care less about the new close friends or subscribe settings, i not changing but thats a different story...) the new facebook has completely screwed me over, i am used to seeing all the posts by my friends (yes actual friends) on facebook and only used the most recent setting and scrolled down to where i got up to last time every time i went on. now i only see what facebook deems to be interesting enough -_- seemingly at random

Cruxis

Banned
facebook is like a woman, as soon as you get used to it, it changes

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude
The thing that sort of bothers me is how people are able to see my stuff through my friends. Or at least, I can see stuff from people I don't have added through my friends. I mean, if someone likes my status or comments on it, somebody that I don't have added can see it. Either that or every one of my mutual friend's friends have awful privacy settings.

I don't like this either. I went through my privacy settings jsut now and found that facebook automatically changed them to something pretty insecure:F

I tried to find out how to get rid of the "secondary" wall, with no success. I can't find out how to change its settings either... I don't want to see what people I know are posting on people-I-don't-know-or-do-not-likes' walls... and vice versa. I swear all these updates have done is make stalking much easier:/

Oh, and I'm one of these people who are opposed to a dislike button... it's just a spam idea waiting to happen

Last edited:

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
I am indifferent to the changes. I really don't have any problems with it. But I do like how there is a constant live news feed at the top right.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I was off it for like a week until yesterday. I saw on the news that it changed and it pissed people off. I just shrugged it off and forgot(i have a bad short term memory). But it took me by suprise when i signed in. I don't actually hate it, FB isn't a big enough part of my life for me to care, and i see nothing wrong with it regardless.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I thank facebook for reminding me of my friends B-day... Cause I'll be damned if I remember ALL those damn b-days!

As long as THAT is not removed... FB and I are cool w/ each other.

TRUE STORY, Thanks to FB, I rushed to Macy's and bought my sis a B-day gift!

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
I actually like the changes because when I do want to use my Facebook, I prefer to stalk my friends in real-time. Also, wishing people happy birthday is less of a chore now so that's good; my friends will think I like them more now.