• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Faced with Steelix Determination! (491)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Faced with Steelix Determination!

On their travels, Ash & Co. come across a pack of Bidoof. These Bidoof once lived peacefully in the valley. However, recently a Steelix has come and started terrorising the Bidoof and the area. Can Ash & Co. stop the Steelix and protect the Bidoof?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Last edited by a moderator:

Deception

is back
This ep reminds of the Onix episode with Bruno,because Steelix is only attacking because it is hurt.I wish they would of given it more moves besides Hyper Beam.

Butta

looks like a pretty funny episode from the pics
team rocket are digging and dig into a steelix who attack bidoof rofl

Anikin

Rebel
I kinda despise this episode. Sure the Team Rocket digging on Steelix was new but I think that most of this episode was a bad effort one because there is hardly any character development and it's a ripoff of some previous Onix/Steelix episodes.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
[img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/491/DP195.jpg[/img139]
Notice that one Bidoof has less of a tail then the other? That's gender difference.

ßubba

Oh yeah.
I just watched the episode. Bidoof is by far one of my favorite 4th gen pokemon now. Every scene with a bidoof is just too cute >.>

And the Spurt! was just awesome.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Despite being a Cler Cut filler, I found this episode to be rather enjoyable.

Those shovels...they must of been made of Nintendium....and also, why did the Bidoof throw that one in the air? What if it lands in a Skarmory that's passing overby? Or possibly, it kills someone when it randomly falls down from the sky on their head.

I also, for some reason, found the animation to be pretty neat in a few parts. Like when Mukkubird did that neato summersault before flying at that shovel, and when Ash and Co. quickly dodged Steelix's tail when it woke up. Glad to see the Steelix Stock Footage was ALOT less compared to the Steel Valley and Jasmine kinds.

Team Rocket screaming the motto and James going "BWAHBWAHBWAH!" made me giggle. As did Meowth being used as bait.

And, the Bidoof were frigging cute. Especially that really deep-voiced one (which was a male, since this episodes displayed gender differences amazingly...)

And the Oak Lecture was Seviper! Yay!

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
What a very entertaining episode :) Despite it being a filler it was a very entertaining one as the writers obviously now realise fillers can be. A few notable funny points:

- So much great Bidoof stuff. For one, we have the repeated pan footage of them but with different expressions, and they all kicked ***, especially the one where they had 'blank eyes' and where they were panicking. Also, gotta love the leader Bidoof's voice. You'd think that all those Bidoof would be able to remove the shovel with ease, compared to how they actually did remove it.

- Speaking of the shovels, Team Rocket must've dug them in pretty tough. It's cool how they span off after Staravia and Pikachu took them down. I wonder what became of the shovel the Bidoof hurled away? Even more brain damaged Pokemon afoot.

- And mentioning Staravia, OUCH. As if it wasn't physically and mentally damaged enough already.

- Also, whatever became of Turtwig? After it got struck by the Hyper Beam, it was never seen again. Are we to presume it is dead? Maybe the Bidoof feasted on its remains.

- Lol at the Steelix falling down the hole comical style, and the confused Team Rocket motto that followed.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
We've always had good fillers, people just tend to hate them just because they're fillers. Flame Pokemon Athon and Ghost of Maiden's Peak, extremely popular episodes, are fillers for example.

And I've yet to meet someone who hated the Claydol or Shuckle episode. And if I do, then I'll know they're the spawn of Satan.

I wonder what became of the shovel the Bidoof hurled away? Even more brain damaged Pokemon afoot.

Some trainer will probably be walking around, with his brand new starter Pokemon, when a shovel comes falling from the air and kills him.

Also, whatever became of Turtwig? After it got struck by the Hyper Beam, it was never seen again
I hope not.

Then again, I seem to be the only member who likes the thing. I thinks it neat in its own way.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Entertaining fillers have increased recently, however. Which, of course, is a good thing.

I may just be thinking that due to the terrible wave of fillers we had in the beginning of the Battle Frontier, however. Things have certainly improved since then.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Also...is it me, or do these episodes seem "colder"?

I mean, like, to me Sinnoh for some reason gives me a vibe of a colder region then the others. It's just the way the enviorment looks or something...kinda hard to explain.

ßubba

Oh yeah.
;399; Bidoof says hello.

Such a cutie >.>

Haruki

I'm a newbie :o
It was a bloody cool filler. :)

Things that I loved:

[*] All those Bidoof! They're cute, funny and hot! And, oh, the gender difference was there, yay!

[*] Piplup, Staravia and Turtwig! I love to see them, and their appearences were great, specially Sataravia's.

[*] Spurt! I mean, Bidoof + Spurt on the background = YEAH!

[*] Team Rocket doing their motto while Steelix was awakening and blasting off seconds later, LOL!

Therefore, it was pretty cool to watch, I laughed a lot!

- Haruki

Maestro Kinético

Boring typical filler where nothing relaly happens. The animation wasn't great and the village looked a little plain. And again the sunset goodbye scene.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT A SUNSET GOODBYE SCENE!?

Honestly, many good episodes have ended with a sunset (including the Tentacruel episode you like so much), so I don't get why an episode is made any worse because of that.

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/019/EP19389.jpg[/img139]
See?

village looked a little plain
It was created by cute lil' woodland creatures, what did you expect?

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
C&P job:

- Intro has been fixed
- Steelix has brain damage! YAY!
- Movie 7 music makes me happy.
- OH GOD IT’S A BIDOOF! RUN AWAY QUICKLY YOU MORONS!
- Takeshi, you’re ****ing dense. Clearly this Bidoof wants nothing more than to lure you into its trap, and then maul your face off.
- Now you’ve done it, Takeshi. First you fell for its innocence, now you’re caused it MASSIVE BRAIN DAMAGE.
- God, Shimura sucks at CG.
- Steelix fires HYPER GIGA STOCK FOOTAGE BEAM!
- The idiots follow Bidoof into its secret underground lair, where the Unholy Bidoof Army shall feast on their limbs for brunch.
- The army emerges! Brain damaged Bidoof tells the others about the snack he found.
- And there’s a big fat Bidoof in the middle. He probably gets Pikachu all to himself.
- The Bidoofs trick Nyasu into forming an alliance with their demonic empire.
- The gang tries to escape the Bidoof village while they can, only to find the emo brain-damaged Steelix banging its brain-damaged head against the wall. THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THE VILLAGE OF THE BIDOOFS!
- YES! STEELIX USED STOCK FOOTAGE! THE LEGACY LIVES ON!
- The Bidoof Army has TR surrounded. Quick, send out Carnivine ASAP!
- It begins. THE FEAST BEGINS!
- Doesn't TR know that Bidoof homes are booby-trapped to the max?
- The Bidoof are devouring the trees like vicious fiends. Their ultimate plan is finally revealed - Devour all the trees so CO2 destroys the ozone and causes GLOBAL COOLING!!! And the Bidoof Army has apparently been planning for this for a very long time.
- The Bidoofs decide not to waste their energy on Steelix. It's beneath them.
- It's Star.AVIA! Three brain-damaged Pokemon all in one episode!
- Lots of Movie 7 tracks in this episode.
- The Bidoofs cheer as Steelix destroys the twerps for them, and now all of them are going to destroy Steelix!
- "SPURT"! YES! This is only...what? The second or third bloody time since its debut that the vocal version was used? SO much better than "Together"...
- The Bidoof Army begins gnawing at Steelix's damaged brain.
- This will probably turn into the bloodiest orgy of all time.
- Stock Footage Beam PWNS Turtwig.
- The Bidoofs shall use this shovel for whatever evil purpose they have in store...like hitting people on the head.

All in-jokes aside, cute filler, but that's it. After all, it's just yet another Onix/Steelix being a royal jerk. Didn't notice the gender differences, though. Very nice touch.
And I've yet to meet someone who hated the Claydol or Shuckle episode. And if I do, then I'll know they're the spawn of Satan.
I bet Maestro hates the Claydol one. Not "dramatic" enough.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Although, unlike the other Steelix, this Steelix wasn't really being a jerk on purpose. It suffered severe mental and emotional damage from the dangers of shovels.

I also love this pic:

[IMG139]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/captureMuwubsherHabu.jpg[/IMG139]

Last edited:

TeddiUrsa

Although, unlike the other Steelix, this Steelix wasn't really being a jerk on purpose. It suffered severe mental and emotional damage from the dangers of shovels.

It wasn´t the nicest or cleverest pokemon...I mean..it just went away after the Bippa cured its shovel-itis without even thanking them..or..at least apologizing.

I liked the animation in this...Shimura improved a little bit.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Then again, I seem to be the only member who likes the thing. I thinks it neat in its own way.
Oh good I thought I was the only one who liked Turtwig. Well I guess that makes two of us now.

Anyway, good episode for being a filler.