• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Faced with Steelix Determination! (491)

fuzzball288

I <3 Skuntank
This was a pretty good episode. I liked how the Bidoof had different voices and genders. And they were all so cute! Kinda boring plot-wise, but the cute little Bidoof made up for it.

I also liked when they all jumped down from the ledge. IT'S RAINING BIDOOF!!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I really liked this episode as well.

Despite Steelix making its 10,000th appearance in the anime, it was still nice to see the thing terrorizing those Bippa...hell its tail almost smashed into Ash/Brock/Hikari...of course I doubt they'd die but get blown off TR style if they were hit.

This is indeed a good filler. It really makes you wonder what the hell was up with the writers during that early BF filler between Noland and Greta. Wtf.

Geodude

Yeah I like how even most of the "fillers" the last few years have had neat stuff happen in them, and this episode is no exception. It had Meowth ending up with the twerps and translating for the Bidoof, which is always cool to see. And I liked how Meowth helped out while Jessie and James just hid and refused to help. And Piplup, Turtwig, and Staravia got to see some action too.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah I like how even most of the "fillers" the last few years have had neat stuff happen in them, and this episode is no exception. It had Meowth ending up with the twerps and translating for the Bidoof, which is always cool to see. And I liked how Meowth helped out while Jessie and James just hid and refused to help. And Piplup, Turtwig, and Staravia got to see some action too.

Just curious, but did Hikari come up with the plan to drop Steelix in the ditch?

It looked like Hikari was explaining something to Ash/Brock/Meowth at one point but I'm not sure if she came up with the idea of how to stop Steelix or not.

chriswilliam92

Heat Trainer
Also...is it me, or do these episodes seem "colder"?

I mean, like, to me Sinnoh for some reason gives me a vibe of a colder region then the others. It's just the way the enviorment looks or something...kinda hard to explain.

That's because Sinnoh is located north in the Pokemon world. All the Pine trees also probably gave you the idea that it is a cold region.

Geodude

Just curious, but did Hikari come up with the plan to drop Steelix in the ditch?

It looked like Hikari was explaining something to Ash/Brock/Meowth at one point but I'm not sure if she came up with the idea of how to stop Steelix or not.

She did indeed. She remembered about the shovels and figured if they lured it into falling over the edge like that, it'd be KOed and they'd have a chance to get the shovels out.

-Starly-

Brain Damage
I love how Shimura toned down with the HYPER GIGA STOCK FOOTAGE BEAM!

Also, this episode was made because the Bidoof Empire forced the writers to make it. And gotta love the 'ONLY-USED-IN-THREE-FRICKEN-EPIS' Spurt playing in the background.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I wasn't expecting much from this, despite it staring the best early route mammal, but it proved to be a wholesomely entertaining outing. Maybe it's due to the fact that, for once, the protagonists didn't just seem to want to help out of the goodness of their hearts. They had to help out the Bippa for their own benefit too. I guess the fact that they all had a common goal was what made this stand out from the usual filler stuff~
There were a lot of interesting animation & musical combinations that worked incredibly well this time around, and it helped make the entire ordeal seem all the more desperate and intense.
And I like episodes where Meowth plays a part in coming to the aid of those in need, reluctant or not. :p

I know the Steelix was only destroying/terrorising stuff because of the shovels causing it pain, but it still came across as a total prick. I don't really have any reason for feeling that way...it's just one of those 'I just did' situations I suppose.

Also, Shimura is really improving as of late. OK, her drawing style is, more often than not, bland as hell, but the animation itself has been really quite slick during certain moments. Muku.BIRD's whole scene, for example, was handled rather well, especially when it used Aerial Ace. Hopefully she can keep it up~

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
That Steelix was a prick.

It must be discrimatory against mentally retarded people too, since it had no qualms at hitting a handicapped bird with it's tail.

uber gon

Accept Change
This was a pretty good episode. I liked how the Bidoof had different voices and genders. And they were all so cute! Kinda boring plot-wise, but the cute little Bidoof made up for it.

I also liked when they all jumped down from the ledge. IT'S RAINING BIDOOF!!

Meh, they remind me of lemmings.

Anyway, it probably would've been much neater if we saw Bibarel in action.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. It was good to see a Bidoof which was pretty cool. The head Bidoof sounded weird compared to the other Bidoof. It was pretty funny when James mentioned that Steelix was gone, but was right in front of them. I found it odd that Steelix went on a rampage just cuz it had a few shovels in his head. IMO, this was one of the few episodes that showed how smart Dawn is (not that I’m saying that she isn’t) when she said to lure Steelix into the pit. It was hilarious when Dawn suggested that Meowth be the decoy for luring Steelix.

Dax

Legend
Bidoof was just the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Staravia is brain-damaged and still got the shovel out with it's head. I guess the brain-damage doesn't aware the bird of its condition.

The lost Bidoof definitely had one of the cutest dub voices ever, though they probably just did the Bidoof leader and heightened its pitch at varying levels for the rest of the clan.

Now, WHERE'S OUR RATTATA EPISODE, DAMMIT?!:mad:

Winged_Psychic

I like the fact that they mentioned aspirin in a kids show, twice no less. I found it odd how Dawn said that Steelix was ALWAYS weak to water when it isn't, maybe they mistook that Steel type attacks are not very effective against water types. Or they didn't want to say Steelix could drown or something, or maybe I'm crazy.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
The whole time I kept thinking why did'nt essie use Wobbuffet's Counter on any of those Hyper Beams....BOOM!!!!! Steelix you be at the mercy of her pokeball and it would have been hers.
(The IRON SNAKE pokemon, snakes go with Jessie. I would have liked her to catch such a powerful pokemon.)

I found it odd how Dawn said that Steelix was ALWAYS weak to water when it isn't, maybe they mistook that Steel type attacks are not very effective against water types. Or they didn't want to say Steelix could drown or something, or maybe I'm crazy.
OBJECTION!

Water is neutral against Steel. Steelix is Steel/Ground, thus weak to Bubblebeam.

Medea

Excalibur
Meh!

That's all I've got to say about this episode because it reminded me too much of the episode in Hoenn All Torkoal, No Play with a piss'd off Steelix.

But one cute thing I have to comment on was the Bidoof. They just reminded me of watching The Wizard of Oz. The Bidoof voices reminded me of the munchkins!