1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Black & White' started by Serebii, May 19, 2011.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Palpitoad & Stunfisk! Battle at the Waterfront!

While trying to train his Oshawott to overcome its problems with Aqua Jet, Ash & Co. are soon attacked by a group of Foongus which Scraggy inadvertantly angered and cause the group to be poisoned, and it's up to Oshawott to help them. However, in the nearby lake, a Palpitoad and Stunfisk are feuding...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. Grassmen

Grassmen Novice Breeder

Great to see that Emolga and Snivy still have their rivalry.

And Cilan's "It's lunch tiiiiimmmmee" was fabulous.

Oh my god, captures! YAY! Ash captures Palpitoad, Cilan catches Stunfisk!

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  3. Pokeballs

Pokeballs Custom Torkoal 01

caught 'em both!!!

4. fukamaru

fukamaru Well-Known Member

omg Ash & Cilan caught Palpitoad & Stunfisk

5. Grassmen

Grassmen Novice Breeder

2 captures and a move perfected in the same episode. Brilliant :D

6. Pokeballs

love how dento weakened stunfisk by slamming it while on the fishing pole lol

7. Wait, who caught who? I haven't seen it yet and won't until it's dubbed.

8. sunyshore.com

sunyshore.com Electric Obsession

Dento caught maggyo

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahah

life is good xd

9. realarcastform

realarcastform Rotom Trainer

YES!!!! New captures!!!
    Ash DIDN'T get Stunfisk! Cilan did.
    Oshawatt masters Aqua Jet!
    Ash gets a Palpitoad!! I was RIGHT!!!!!!!
    He's got a ground type now! So the next one he'll get is a rock type- Roggenrola.

10. Brandon00151

Brandon00151 Well-Known Member

Oshawott master Aqua Jet and Ash Catches Palpitoad Cilan catches Stunfish! A DOUBLE CAPTURE!

BEST EPISODE (of Black and White at least) YET!

11. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Well i can now understand why a Stunfisk is so weak in the games. It is so thin and light weight that even a person like Cilam is able to lift it and swing it around.

12. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

A Stunfisk on the main cast! AWESOME!!!!!
    That makes an electric type each. Remember the days when people said Pikachu MUST be the only electric type in the show.

Not to happy about Palpitoad, as awesome as its animated the thing is still extremely ugly, however its evo looks awesome. Hope this don't ruined the chances for his first ever Rock type in 2 weeks.

Anyways, this is epic. Hope Palpitoad and Stunfisk remain close when together.

13. Beeblebrox

Beeblebrox Well-Known Member

Ash with Palpitoad? Cilan with STUNFISK?

Thank you, writers. You're awesome. :D

14. realarcastform

Notice that every person in the group has an Electric type now.
    Craziness!!

15. ShinyShelgon

ShinyShelgon rawr.

I'm so happy Ash got Palpitoad instead of it's pre-evo which is the freakiest ugliest pokemon ever! Can't wait until it evolves into seismitoad, it'll be a powerhouse fo' sho'!

Not sure what I make of Stunfisk - hopefully it's used and has a personality!

As for Oshawott mastering aqua jet - awesomeee! I still think he'll get used more than palpitoad because he's the star of the show and is more of a fighting-style pokemon :)

16. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Damn it all to hell........

I didn't want Ash to catch a Palpitoad, but the denial of the capture (prior to the episode), is what's annoying me the most.

I LOL at Cilan catching Stunfisk though, I though that was epic.

But damn....Palpitoad. So when can we except Ash's Litwick, or Larvesta? Well the good news I guess is, at least Ash actually has a ground type that can be used as a ground type. Unlike say the other 4 billion ground types Ash owns.

But LOL, Scraggy was awesome, and I liked how all the other Pokemon were coming to his aid. And YAY Oshawott master aqua jet....YAY.

17. realarcastform

Dude he has to catch SOMETHING to defeat Elesa, looks like he's catching 2 pokes to defeat her. He caught Palpitoad now Roggenrola's next.

BTW Tympole isn't ugly.
    I like Tympole it reminds me of Katamari Damacy.

18. Pokeballs

donphan, torterra, gible, and gliscor make exactly four. I never realized he had so many :p

19. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

Yeah, and Donphan can't use its Earthquake, Torterra uses Rock Climb as a substitute Ground move, Gible uses Dig, so I don't know what Dman is whining about, and Gliscor uses Sand Attack, but is more aerial specialized..

We'll get the same with Palpitoad, it has Hydro Pump for godsakes..

Eitherway, I'm still hoping for Krokorok! Although I knew at least Stunfisk was going to happen.. :p

Love the Derpaderp :D

20. Gaiash

Gaiash Champion Scientist

Gible and Gliscor each only have one ground move. Donphan used to know Earthquake but since that move hasn't been in the anime in years it currently has no ground moves. Gliscor's most recent moveset includes bug, normal, fire and rock moves but no ground, which was Sand-Attack anyway so it didn't even do real damage. Torterra never knew any ground moves.