• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
=o I never found Palpitoad ugly....I found Seismitoad uglyish but I don't think it'd want to be called "pretty" o.o

Dax

Legend
=o I never found Palpitoad ugly....I found Seismitoad uglyish but I don't think it'd want to be called "pretty" o.o

But you want to be handsome. You know Palpitoad's milkshake ain't bringing all the girls to the yard.

Not even Snivy wants to use Attract on that thing cuz she doesn't want to be followed by such monster.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
But you want to be handsome. You know Palpitoad's milkshake ain't bringing all the girls to the yard.

Not even Snivy wants to use Attract on that thing cuz she doesn't want to be followed by such monster.

XDD True....but I don't think Seismitoad falls under the "handsome category" either lol

LOL or Emolga for that matter, but she has to deal with Oshawott :3

dman_dustin

Am I the only one who notices how feminine Gamagaru's voice is. It's a lot more feminine than the one in BW034.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I noticed that too. I wasn't sure though because I only watched BW034 once. Lol what if it's female and stunfisk is its husband? and those Tympoles were their childrenz o_O

Plot twist! OMG!

Dax

Legend
Am I the only one who notices how feminine Gamagaru's voice is. It's a lot more feminine than the one in BW034.

Had to check it out for myself. It's a little feminine but I think it could still turn out either gender. I doubt Ash will get another female. I think Snivy was meant to be Ash's feminine because the pokemon looks rather feminine and Pidove was made feminine simply as a plot device to capture Snivy and create a difference between Trip's.

I noticed that too. I wasn't sure though because I only watched BW034 once. Lol what if it's female and stunfisk is its husband? and those Tympoles were their childrenz o_O

I KNEW IT! Ash's is a home wrecker.

I watched this with barely any sound and I'm late to the party anyway, but who cares?

-Our heroes are at a lake, and...there's a quick recap of the whole "Oshawott is a goddamned weirdo who won't open his eyes underwater despite being a WATER TYPE" bit from last episode.
-All the Pokemon get a breath of fresh air! Snivy and Emolga still hate each other! Oshawott's still cute! Everything's fine!
-Ash still has the ugliest swimming shorts I've ever seen.
-Oshawott, why are you scared of opening your eyes underwater? You are a water type. Stop being silly.
-Seriously, Ash can open his eyes underwater and he's not even a Pokemon.
-I don't care how adorable you look when you are sad. You are a water pokemon. Open your eyes while underwater!
-Look, Ash even tried to help you by holding your eyes open, and you just Water Gunned the hell out of him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, OSHAWOTT?
-Meanwhile, Iris and all the non-Oshawott Pokemon are playing with a ball. D'awwwwwwwwww.
-...maybe it's not such a good idea for Dwebble to be included in ball games.
-Scraggy stumbles upon a bush full of Pokeballs...fuck it, I can't even be assed to remember/look up what the stupid mushroom things are called. Anyway, Scraggy does what comes naturally and HEADBUTTS THEM ALL.
-...oh my god Dento just came spinning into the scene while singing "It's lunch time~".
-And then all the Pokemon(except Oshawott) got hit with a cloud of (what I'm guessing is) Poisonpowder.
-Dento uses his magic map machine to find a nearby pond that has the exact herbs they need to heal poison(because apparently none of them carry antidotes or pecha berries?)
-Palpitoad's not just ugly; it's a jerk too! The one at the bottom of the lake orders a bunch of Tympole to boot out Ash and Oshawott, and...we get to see some somewhat-comical flailing about by Oshawott(YOU ARE STILL A WATER TYPE OPEN YOUR GODDAMNED EYES UNDERWATER DAMMIT). Meanwhile, Dento just stood by the lakeside and went "oh no Ash is in trouble." Because the viewers clearly couldn't tell that already.
-Oshawott opened its eyes underwater! FINALLY! It is no longer a shame to water types!
-The Tympole are driven away. Palpitoad is not pleased. So it summons...DERPFISH. Which then proceeds to shock the hell out of Ash and Oshawott.
-Ahahaha, Stunfisk's derpy little laugh is great.
-Dento has a plan. IT'S FISHING TIME! And...he has an entire drawn-out sequence for getting his fishing pole+lure out. This is amazing.
-Dento hauls out Stunfisk, and...Palpitoad isn't pleased with that either! Ash and Dento get some Mud Bombs for their trouble!
-Stunfisk joins in on the Mud Bomb fun, but Dento leaps out of the way like he just got super-jumping powers or something.
-...Dento's spinning Stunfisk around in the air.
-...wait, is Dento going to keep spinning Stunkfisk until Ash beats Palpitoad? This just keeps getting more amazing.
-Oshawott's having trouble, and...Dento's still spinning around Stunfisk like it ain't no thang.
-Oshawott uses Aqua Jet! ...with its eyes closed. GODDAMMIT OSHAWOTT.
-AND NOW IT OPENS ITS EYES AGAIN! Horrah!
-Now that Ash is done with Palpitoad...Dento decides that he can stop spinning Stunfisk around. And it gets knocked out just from that!
-Then Ash and Dento decide to catch Palpitoad and Stunfisk for no apparent reason. I won't complain about Dento getting another Pokemon, but Ash? COME ON.
-Aw, all the Pokemon thanked Oshawott for getting the herbs for them. WHY IS THIS EPISODE ADORABLE.

Overall, this episode was...it was actually pretty good, I was just thrown off by Ash & Dento catching Palpitoad and Stunfisk for no apparent reason. Especially since Ash is going to have way too damned many Pokemon by the time he gets that Roggenrola. (how did all the "Dento's going to catch a derpfish!" jokes turn out to be reality?)

EDIT: Also, since it's apparently gif time:
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/p5lUQ.gif[/IMG139]

Brilliant quote, my friend. I wanted Cilan to hurry up and catch a Pokemon, but I didn't really expect Stunfisk. Reminds me of Magikarp, except without the cool evolution.;216;

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
:)
I watched this with barely any sound and I'm late to the party anyway, but who cares?

-Our heroes are at a lake, and...there's a quick recap of the whole "Oshawott is a goddamned weirdo who won't open his eyes underwater despite being a WATER TYPE" bit from last episode.
-All the Pokemon get a breath of fresh air! Snivy and Emolga still hate each other! Oshawott's still cute! Everything's fine!
-Ash still has the ugliest swimming shorts I've ever seen.
-Oshawott, why are you scared of opening your eyes underwater? You are a water type. Stop being silly.
-Seriously, Ash can open his eyes underwater and he's not even a Pokemon.
-I don't care how adorable you look when you are sad. You are a water pokemon. Open your eyes while underwater!
-Look, Ash even tried to help you by holding your eyes open, and you just Water Gunned the hell out of him. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, OSHAWOTT?
-Meanwhile, Iris and all the non-Oshawott Pokemon are playing with a ball. D'awwwwwwwwww.
-...maybe it's not such a good idea for Dwebble to be included in ball games.
-Scraggy stumbles upon a bush full of Pokeballs...fuck it, I can't even be assed to remember/look up what the stupid mushroom things are called. Anyway, Scraggy does what comes naturally and HEADBUTTS THEM ALL.
-...oh my god Dento just came spinning into the scene while singing "It's lunch time~".
-And then all the Pokemon(except Oshawott) got hit with a cloud of (what I'm guessing is) Poisonpowder.
-Dento uses his magic map machine to find a nearby pond that has the exact herbs they need to heal poison(because apparently none of them carry antidotes or pecha berries?)
-Palpitoad's not just ugly; it's a jerk too! The one at the bottom of the lake orders a bunch of Tympole to boot out Ash and Oshawott, and...we get to see some somewhat-comical flailing about by Oshawott(YOU ARE STILL A WATER TYPE OPEN YOUR GODDAMNED EYES UNDERWATER DAMMIT). Meanwhile, Dento just stood by the lakeside and went "oh no Ash is in trouble." Because the viewers clearly couldn't tell that already.
-Oshawott opened its eyes underwater! FINALLY! It is no longer a shame to water types!
-The Tympole are driven away. Palpitoad is not pleased. So it summons...DERPFISH. Which then proceeds to shock the hell out of Ash and Oshawott.
-Ahahaha, Stunfisk's derpy little laugh is great.
-Dento has a plan. IT'S FISHING TIME! And...he has an entire drawn-out sequence for getting his fishing pole+lure out. This is amazing.
-Dento hauls out Stunfisk, and...Palpitoad isn't pleased with that either! Ash and Dento get some Mud Bombs for their trouble!
-Stunfisk joins in on the Mud Bomb fun, but Dento leaps out of the way like he just got super-jumping powers or something.
-...Dento's spinning Stunfisk around in the air.
-...wait, is Dento going to keep spinning Stunkfisk until Ash beats Palpitoad? This just keeps getting more amazing.
-Oshawott's having trouble, and...Dento's still spinning around Stunfisk like it ain't no thang.
-Oshawott uses Aqua Jet! ...with its eyes closed. GODDAMMIT OSHAWOTT.
-AND NOW IT OPENS ITS EYES AGAIN! Horrah!
-Now that Ash is done with Palpitoad...Dento decides that he can stop spinning Stunfisk around. And it gets knocked out just from that!
-Then Ash and Dento decide to catch Palpitoad and Stunfisk for no apparent reason. I won't complain about Dento getting another Pokemon, but Ash? COME ON.
-Aw, all the Pokemon thanked Oshawott for getting the herbs for them. WHY IS THIS EPISODE ADORABLE.

Overall, this episode was...it was actually pretty good, I was just thrown off by Ash & Dento catching Palpitoad and Stunfisk for no apparent reason. Especially since Ash is going to have way too damned many Pokemon by the time he gets that Roggenrola. (how did all the "Dento's going to catch a derpfish!" jokes turn out to be reality?)

EDIT: Also, since it's apparently gif time:
[IMG139]http://i.imgur.com/p5lUQ.gif[/IMG139]

Your recaps always make my day :)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Yup, after you said on the day it aired and after watching it several times, I also think its a girl, like I said it looks like a *****y bossy girl, the VA is actually a girl and it looks like a feminine voice to me too.

Another one to balance the male/female ratio xD.

AWWWWWWWWWWW Dax, I really am not trolling when it is smiling instead of being pissed the thing looks cute :p but well opinions.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Just watched the episode in Japanese (my first time watching without subtitles). Overall it was a pretty nice episode ;P. Even though I couldn't understand what they were saying, I think I got the gist of it. It was nice to see Mijumaru finally learn to open its eyes. And it was epic how to Aqua Jet-ed that Palpitoad :D. Now I just gotta wait for a subbed version.

Ariketh

龍奥杰
Of course he can capture it randomly, there's no stopping him for doing that. It's just stupid, it was just too weird of a capture.

Plus, now Cilan has a Stunfisk, sure it looks a bit better in the anime, but it being on the main cast? I might just have to skip its appearances from now on, Two stupid captures waisted, in my opinion.

Perhaps it has been stated, or perhaps I don't think of "random" in the same way that you do, but when he was battling it, he realized it was very powerful, and decided that he wanted to catch it. If that doesn't take it out of the "random capture" mindset, then I guess him catching pidgeotto and caterpie are random.

I really really enjoyed the episode and thought it was one of the best in years. I am really happy with the way BW is coming along. It has been less than a year since it started and the TV show is surprising me. I'm happy about that. If a TV show can surprise you in good ways after 14 years, then obviously it still has some legs. I think capturing Pokemon and using them is a good thing. Give it a few episodes. Don't be so afraid of change.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Perhaps it has been stated, or perhaps I don't think of "random" in the same way that you do, but when he was battling it, he realized it was very powerful, and decided that he wanted to catch it. If that doesn't take it out of the "random capture" mindset, then I guess him catching pidgeotto and caterpie are random.

I really really enjoyed the episode and thought it was one of the best in years. I am really happy with the way BW is coming along. It has been less than a year since it started and the TV show is surprising me. I'm happy about that. If a TV show can surprise you in good ways after 14 years, then obviously it still has some legs. I think capturing Pokemon and using them is a good thing. Give it a few episodes. Don't be so afraid of change.

You obviously have no idea what I'm saying. I meant it was random before the episode aired, also Ash only battled it and said that he liked it near the end of the episode. So...yeah...

After actually watching the episode, the only interesting parts were the Pokemon having fun, Cilan and Stunfisk and Oshawott's epic battles against the Tympole and Palpitoad.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
You obviously have no idea what I'm saying. I meant it was random before the episode aired, also Ash only battled it and said that he liked it near the end of the episode. So...yeah...

After actually watching the episode, the only interesting parts were the Pokemon having fun, Cilan and Stunfisk and Oshawott's epic battles against the Tympole and Palpitoad.

It can't be random before the episode started what the hell...

You just didn't foreshadow it like all of us didn't since the preview and the summary had no indication about that.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It can't be random before the episode started what the hell...

You just didn't foreshadow it like all of us didn't since the preview and the summary had no indication about that.

Umm.. That's what I meant, there was no indication before we saw the episode, that Ash would be interested in it, let alone capture it.

I am also annoyed at the fact that Ash checked up Palpitoad on his Pokedex.

Checking up Lampent twice was annoying, checking Tranquill again was worse, but this? Oh how I feel like punching Ash in the face. But at least this episode was cute and funny in some aspects.

Ariketh

龍奥杰

Oh, so you mean that you didn't expect it, and because you couldn't predict it, it pisses you off? You want to know everything before it happens? You hate surprises?

So...what? If he had met it at the beginning, it would be ok? But because it was the end of the episode, it is not ok? The entire episode must be dedicated to a single Pokemon if it is to be captured? I think you should just relax and enjoy the show. His named is Ketchum, not Chaseum. No one is forcing you to watch the show. Please stop whining about things that are beyond your control. Are you related to Linkin Park?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I am also annoyed at the fact that Ash checked up Palpitoad on his Pokedex.

Checking up Lampent twice was annoying, checking Tranquill again was worse, but this? Oh how I feel like punching Ash in the face. But at least this episode was cute and funny in some aspects.
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. Ash just checked Palpitoad's dex in the last freaking episode for ****'s sake. I know it doesn't take up that much time, and I'm usually not that annoyed by repeat dex checks, but...repeating one that we just saw in the previous episode? That's just plain dumb. (then again, so was Oshawott not opening its eyes underwater despite being a water type!)