• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

cilan_sprite_by_ninjasensei88-d3d2lad.png
618.gif

pokemon_sprite_ash_ketchum_bw_by_luckygirl88-d3ac2aa.png
536.gif

Credit to Luckygirl88 for the Ash sprite

Ash got dumber, Cilan got Godlier.

Edit: Stupid image tags...

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Yeah, and Donphan can't use its Earthquake, Torterra uses Rock Climb as a substitute Ground move, Gible uses Dig, so I don't know what Dman is whining about, and Gliscor uses Sand Attack, but is more aerial specialized.
Oh you didn't hear about me then.

If the Pokemon's eyes aren't glowing, the ground isn't shaking and the opponent isn't being sucked up in the ground, I don't count it as a ground type move.

And ooh, Sand Attack, that'll knock out a Pokemon. And dig, when did Gible ever use dig as an attack?

We'll get the same with Palpitoad, it has Hydro Pump for godsakes..

It has mud shot you know, mud shot is already loads better than dig as ground type move. Well if not mud shot, it's sure something ground type attack worthy.

watch how it turns out to be sludge bomb -_-

sunyshore.com

Electric Obsession
do you guys realize this is the first non-rodent electric on the main cast in...hmm.....EVER???

[img139]http://sunyshore.com/scrap/maggyotime06.jpg[/img139]

not a big deal since i love electrics, i think it's a big deal since the electric element has always been given to pikachu, and starting in DP, the classic electric rodent, in the main anime, never any other pokemon.

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
Gible and Gliscor each only have one ground move. Donphan used to know Earthquake but since that move hasn't been in the anime in years it currently has no ground moves. Gliscor's most recent moveset includes bug, normal, fire and rock moves but no ground, which was Sand-Attack anyway so it didn't even do real damage. Torterra never knew any ground moves.

I misunderstood the complaint, but I'm still pleasantly surprised with Palpitoad. A pretty different moveset for Ash atm

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Oh God, i soo doubted that any of those Pkmn would be caught by a main character, and now they Both got caught?!
... Well, i've not seen the episode yet, so i'll decide if i like them after i've seen it.
I was so sure that Shooti/Trip would get a Palpitoad, though! XD
Btw, is this the first time there's been two captures in one episode?

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
Oh God, i soo doubted that any of those Pkmn would be caught by a main character, and now they Both got caught?!
... Well, i've not seen the episode yet, so i'll decide if i like them after i've seen it.
I was so sure that Shooti/Trip would get a Palpitoad, though! XD
Btw, is this the first time there's been two captures in one episode?

Ash caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same episode, as well as the time he caught 30 Tauros. Apart from that, I think that's it. It's the first time two different protagonists have both caught a pokemon in the same episode I think.

JavierEA

Ash caught Caterpie and Pidgeotto in the same episode, as well as the time he caught 30 Tauros. Apart from that, I think that's it. It's the first time two different protagonists have both caught a pokemon in the same episode I think.

You forgot May's and Jessie's wurmples ;)

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Dude do you guys realize what Ash caught?
He caught another pokemon that will evolve REALLY QUICKLY.
His Palpitoad knows Hyper Voice (Learns this at Lvl. 51 folks) and Hydro Pump (at 47).
The next time we see Palpitoad, we just might see an evolution very very soon.

Dude do you guys realize what Ash caught?
He caught another pokemon that will evolve REALLY QUICKLY.
His Palpitoad knows Hyper Voice (Learns this at Lvl. 51 folks) and Hydro Pump (at 47).
The next time we see Palpitoad, we just might see an evolution very very soon.

And Pikachu learnt Volt Tackle. Volt Tackle is an egg/event move.
That means nothing.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~

Oh, right, how could i forget Caterpie and Pidgeotto... *facepalm*. Thanks. XD
Oh, but Brock caught one(or more) of those Tauros, too, i think. But it probably doesn't count since it was Ash's Pokéballs anyways...

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
And Pikachu learnt Volt Tackle. Volt Tackle is an egg/event move.
That means nothing.

Well dude this series is closer to the games in terms of levels and attacks, besides he was the leader of a whole fleet of Tympole and was really strong. He's bound to evolve very quick, he's not unlike that Torchic with a power complex who evolved into a Combusken before their trainer picked them up.

Well dude this series is closer to the games in terms of levels and attacks, besides he was the leader of a whole fleet of Tympole and was really strong. He's bound to evolve very quick, he's not unlike that Torchic with a power complex who evolved into a Combusken before their trainer picked them up.

Yeah but they're not going to give him Seismitoad this early on. It's far too early for him to be running around killing everything with a Seismitoad.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
cilan caught the derpiest most LOl idiot fish ever = WIN AHAHAHAHAHAHHA LOL CILAN i thought croagunk was priceless but this is gonna be comic relief + batonpass foretress :D!! and ash caught that ugly frog = :( but more pokes = win :D

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So Ash caught Palpitoad & Cilan caught Stunfisk, I REALLY didn't see that coming