• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Yes! I was right! You don't need info to know which Pokemon is caught!

Now, to go watch it!

*Drifts farther into insanity*

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
WTF?!

There was no evidence, none, squat, zilch, nada, that Ash would get it. That is the randomest capture I've ever seen(Well, heard about). At least Cilan's made sense, but what about the movie picture? Cilan only had Dwebble and Pansage, are the writers just trolling with us?

Possibly the best possible episode so far, turned into the worst.

*Throws chair at laptop screen*.

uhhhhh

Too sweet
WTF?!

There was no evidence, none, squat, zilch, nada, that Ash would get it. That is the randomest capture I've ever seen(Well, heard about). At least Cilan's made sense, but what about the movie picture? Cilan only had Dwebble and Pansage, are the writers just trolling with us?

Possibly the best possible episode so far, turned into the worst.

*Throws chair at laptop screen*.

Eh. I guess that's probably to avoid spoilers and all. Then again, we are supposed to have this episode somewhere in June...

Sabonea_Masukippa

Oh, blindsided. I love it, especially since it put these two on the cast. Haven't watched the ep yet, although I've heard it's good.

Satoshi's girl

Cafemocha <3
:D This is my best favorite best wishes ep so far <3 ash and cilan both caught a pokemon <3

Chill92

So Ash getting a Palpitoad was not a joke afterall... wow if he catches Roggenrola 2 episodes after this then he will have 9 freakin pokemon. He really is steppin up his game.
Cilan getting derpfish was a big surprise too, wonder how it's personality will be. Cilan would be the most awesome guy if he could make a stunfish fabolous :p

parukia49

I just hope Ash's capture of Palpitoad doesn't stop Ash getting Krokorok. I would love to see Ash with that Krokorok.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
WTF is with people calling this the worst ep? So he caught a pokemon and Cilan caught Stunkfisk? Who cares if it was random?! You people need to get over selfs and just enjoy the show. With this attitude people will leave the Pokemon fanbase and join the Justin Bieber fanbase!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
WTF?!

There was no evidence, none, squat, zilch, nada, that Ash would get it. That is the randomest capture I've ever seen(Well, heard about).

To be honest, the situation was kind of the same when Ash caught Muk way back when

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
I didn't think the episode was bad - it just had way too many things going on at once.
Oshawott mastering Aqua Jet.
Oshawott learning how to battle underwater.
Ash capturing Palpitoad.
Cilan capturing Stunfisk.
The pokemon being poisoned.

The episode seemed more like the video games than anything else - with spur-of-the-moment captures, kind of like when Ash captured his Muk back in Kanto.

Stunfisk is absolutely hilarious though.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Stunfisk is on the main cast. This is the best thing ever.

Once the awesomeness of Ash catching Palpitoad wears off, I'll probably be pissed Cilan caught Stunfisk. Until then, I'll be happy.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I freaken knew Palpitoad would get captured!!!!!!! But dento catching the deep??? Oh the writers and there comparisons to the old series, psyduck shall always be the derpiest so don't try to replace it!!! Finally the oshawott eps are over well for two episodes at least lol.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Why do you guys think its so bad? It isn't as bad as a Magikarp.

I have no beef with Stunfisk, or Magikrp, or even Palpitoad to that extent, but the randomness and pointlessness of the capture if just stupid. Why did he get it? To stop it from being annoying them? Or did he actually like it? As Mr.Munchlax said, it was probably just a Muk sort of capture, I hope Palpitoad is used rarely, Swadloon needs more attention.

PokeMasterJames

Pokémon Master
This is the first episode where two cast members caught a new Pokemon and the first time all 3 main cast members have an Electric-type on their team. Fantastic episode.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
^Yes to the second, but as to the first, Jessie and May each caught a Wurmple in the same episode, so yeah.l

I gotta say, did not see any of this coming at all. I thought that if anything, Jessie would catch Stunfisk as a Wobbuffet replacement, as well as a pitfall trap replacement (instead of digging holes for the twerps to fall in, Stunfisk could've just hidden in their path, and zapped them when they stepped on it). But at least there's a Stunfisk in the main cast, that's the important thing.

As for Ash catching Palpitoad... Eh. Don't get me wrong, it's great that he's catching stuff for no apparent reason again, but... Seismitoad is butt ugly. I would've prefered Ash catching Stunfisk. I mean, Cilan will probably be written off the show eventually, and Stunfisk with him. But Ash is a constant. Which means there would have ALWAYS been the possibility of him using it. But Arceus forbid Ash gets a second Electric-type, am I right?

Still, as I say, it's great that a main character has a Stunfisk, and that Ash is starting to catch random stuff for no apparent reason once more. Really opens up a few possibilities for Ash, right? Like, Foongus, Trubbish, Venipede... dare I say Weezing? I mean, you know, eventually. Obviously we're not gonna see a Weezing in Unova, but I mean eventually, like, in Generation VI, or a filler saga in Hoenn. But I'm getting off-topic here.

I hope Cilan uses Stunfisk often. It's a cool Pokemon that needs the screentime. As for Ash and Palpitoad... If it stays a Palpitoad, I won't complain. If it evolves... Well, maybe the anime will tone down Seismitoad's ugliness a bit, or the species might grow on me a bit by the time it would become an isshu...

minredd

Cartoonist
Well, now I defiently know that this is the worst episode ever, and I'm serious. When Palpitoad evolves, the first ever Pokemon perv joins the team, and now we're stuck with a flat faced fish.
Excuse me, but what do you mean? I'm having a hard time following what you meant. How is Palpitoad a perv?