• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
You know, all these captures, plus the involvement of Juniper instead of Oak, sort of point to Ash using only Unova-region pokemon (bar Pikachu) in the league - at least in my opinion.

PokeMasterJames

Pokémon Master
People are really this upset at Ash catching more Pokemon? I for one am glad he's catching more than 5 like the last few regions now. I think the writers have learned from their mistakes in Kanto of how to handle a bunch of Pokemon equally and this saga is going to show it.

So what if it seems Tranquill and Swadloon are being ignored right now? They WILL get their time to shine on his team (hell, Sewaddle/Swadloon got it in the Castelia Gym Battle). Tranquill will evolve by the 6th Gym, maybe in a rival battle against Trip before then, who knows.

Swadloon evolves with happiness, do you honestly believe it will stay as a Swadloon with a trainer like Ash? Don't feed me that 'it's ignored, it will never evolve' crap, because for all we know, the writers have an episode with Ash and Swadloon bonding leading to it's evolution planned for the future before the Nimbasa Gym.

Palpitoad is likely going to stay as Palpitoad since Ash is focused on Oshawott, which in my opinion does not at all hurt Oshawott's chance of evolving.

And, it seems Roggenrola is very likely to be caught, continuing a new trend of stuff Ash never captured before (Dragon-type; Gible, Dark-type; Scraggy, Bug-type (for the first time since Johto); Swadloon). I think the writers purposely gave Trip a Timburr for the reason of them trading an evolving their respective Gurdurr and Boldore down the road.

As for other possible captures, it's really up in the air (even though I think Ash with get a Lampent to balance out the 2 Grass and Waters types), as the writers can give him as many Pokemon as they want whether we, the Pokemon fandom, complain and ***** about a Pokemon not fitting a certain trainer.

I was happy with this episode, Oshawott got development and we got 2 surprise captures. The writers should throw in surprises like that more often. Great episode.

Raichu:)

Fire Type Expert
wow thats an anti-climax. Ash and palpitoad. disapointing. It bothers me that ash only has 3 gym badges and had 8 pokemon. hes gunna be rid of swadloon when it becomes levanny coz it will go away like primape did maybe palpitoads a primape?, but i doubt it.........

ill accept 10 for him, but tbh anymore is just confusing to follow
poor scraggy wheres his develpoment, hes still just a baby.

i don't think palpitoad suits ash. lol just realised ut reminds me of a wobbufet with warts :):) lol

cilan getting stunfisk was a surprise what happened to the grass gyme leader? (ooooh maybe he will take control of swadloon!!!!!!!)

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Well no ----. Of course that's what I meant, hence, "In my opinion".

>.>'

When I saw what happened in this episode on Bulbpedia, I thought someone was just trolling, but alas, it was true. I hope this doesn't mean that Trip can't get one, despite Ash having one. At least it's rotting at Junipers.
Fair enough, I'm sure you'll grow to like Palpitoad+Stunfisk though.
I'm ok with Cilan catching Stunfisk, but Ash catching palpitoad? Oshawott's chances of evolving are ruined.
No, they're not.
You know, all these captures, plus the involvement of Juniper instead of Oak, sort of point to Ash using only Unova-region pokemon (bar Pikachu) in the league - at least in my opinion.

You're not alone. In Sinnoh Ash had 6 new Pokemon and he used reserves. This time he's already topped that in under a quarter of the time it took to catch those ones, and this is the "fresh start" (term used loosely) region, stated to be far away. I'm sure he'll only use Unovan Pokes.

gliscor&yanmega

"It's Lunch Time"

"It's Fishing Time"

"It's Who Cares Cilan Is Saying Stuff Time"

I could watch an entire episode of Cilan just speaking...I wouldn't understand a word but every word will sound so awesome it wouldn't even matter.

So yah...Cilan was great as always for me.

Iris was in the back seat this time, she was busy trying to take care of all the Pokemon though so she had her moment.

I'm wondering if Tympole may have debuted in BW026, Ash never checked it on the Pokedex, noted he was a little to busy worrying about Oshawott but that doesn't really ever stop him. So I'm under the impression it debuted in BW026. Regardless, they were interesting.

Palpitoad probably isn't the same one from last episode, if it was Ash most likely would have a flashback of it, or Palpitoad would have a flashback of Ash. So I'd say it's a completely new one. The personality are pretty different too. Shocked that Ash caught it, I don't mind though. Oh and I think this is the first time Ash had a Pokemon with Hydro Pump, I may be wrong but I don't remember anyone with it, maybe Squirtle, regardless it's nice to see something other then Water Gun.

Stunfisk was...awesome, it had it's face in the game when it used Thunderbolt(Or whatever the move was). Was awesome when Cilan was spinning it around. Shocked that Cilan caught it, I don't mind though.

Foonguss...they look weird when they are shown as Pokeballs. And they roll away...odd little things. Would have been interesting if Iris caught one, that means everyone in the episode got a Pokemon lol.

Oshawott finally able to open it's eyes underwater and more importantly during Aqua Jet, hopefully it stays that way.

Ash was just helping Oshawott the entire episode, nothing really stands out for him in this episode in my eyes.

I enjoyed the episode a lot.

Fire Type Expert
And, it seems Roggenrola is very likely to be caught, continuing a new trend of stuff Ash never captured before (Dragon-type; Gible, Dark-type; Scraggy, Bug-type (for the first time since Johto); Swadloon). I think the writers purposely gave Trip a Timburr for the reason of them trading an evolving their respective Gurdurr and Boldore down the road.

erm, when did cast members need to trade to evolve. paul had electivire from an electebuzz which needs trading with electirizer.
i think your reading too much into it

PokeMasterJames

Pokémon Master
erm, when did cast members need to trade to evolve. paul had electivire from an electebuzz which needs trading with electirizer.
i think your reading too much into it

How exactly? They never showed Gary or Paul trading their Pokemon on-screen, so you can't say they simply evolved their Pokemon without the special items without proof of such.

It's a saga of firsts this go around, anything can and will likely happen.

Fire Type Expert
How exactly? They never showed Gary or Paul trading their Pokemon on-screen, so you can't say they simply evolved their Pokemon without the special items without proof of such.

It's a saga of firsts this go around, anything can and will likely happen.

i suppose, but paul had elekid-electabuzz-electivire and it was the same pokemon but ill accept your opinion as it is valid

RickHoenn

Banned
WTF?!

There was no evidence, none, squat, zilch, nada, that Ash would get it. That is the randomest capture I've ever seen(Well, heard about). At least Cilan's made sense, but what about the movie picture? Cilan only had Dwebble and Pansage, are the writers just trolling with us?

Possibly the best possible episode so far, turned into the worst.

*Throws chair at laptop screen*.

A lot of eggs in your face!! ha! everyday you denied and said to everyone it was impossible Ash to catch Palpitoad!! HAHAHA.

AMAZING EPISODE! two captures in one ep. I think since the Hoenn ep. when May & Jessie caught Wurmple we didn't have one of those!

I might get used to that thing Stunkfish :531: but anyway 8th pokemon for Ash is win (and everybody has an electric type now :p)

So, that's like saying I can't randomly capture a Pokemon in my game. There doesn't have to be a concrete reason for a capture.

Exactly! are we forgetting Ash is a pokemon trainer >_> It's actually nice the writers are making Ash catch more pokemon than the usual this season.

Last edited:

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
Finally, Ash caught a new pokemon! But it's also a great choice for Ash, considering his next Gym battle is against electric pokemon. Plus, with Stunfisk and Palpitoad in their crew, Ash, Cilan, and Iris all have ground types and electric types among their pokemon. Ash has Pikachu and Palpitoad, Iris has Emolga and Excadrill, and Cilan has Stunfisk.

Black&White

I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!!!!!!!!!

Two very unexpected captures! That's what I want more of. Can't wait for the Roggenrola episode!

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Ah, I hope Palpitoad is used to sweep Trip at the league just to piss him off.

You're not alone. In Sinnoh Ash had 6 new Pokemon and he used reserves. This time he's already topped that in under a quarter of the time it took to catch those ones, and this is the "fresh start" (term used loosely) region, stated to be far away. I'm sure he'll only use Unovan Pokes.

Well, I think Hoenn and Unova are the wrong way round. in Hoenn, Ash should have had surplus reserves native to Hoenn, and then in Unova, he should have just had the 6 to demonstrate his skill in (probably) taking them to another top 4 or maybe final. If the writers only give him another quarter final, or semi, it doesnt really say much about skill development unless the Zekrom/Reshiram plot is thrown into the bucket.

Last edited:

Salamandre

Dang i justed saw the raw a few minutes ago, best action packed episode yet. All my rambling about oshawott bieng a samurai came true hes pretty epic in most of the fight scenes. Also another thing i'm noticing is oshawotts attack stat>>>>his sp. attack, this is like the bazillionth time it's range attacks were useless yet it's aqua jet, razorshell 1 hit K.O.

uber gon

Accept Change
At least we have another evolved water type for Ash. Now if it could just fully evolve......

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I don't really mind that Ash caught Palpitoad (even if it's evolution is horridly ugly) since for once Ash is actually catching multiple pokemon letting his switch things up every once in a while. Only thing that's a shame about it is that with Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott being staples and Scraggy being stuck in his team out of being a baby, then this is gonna further cause both Tranquil and Swadloon's screentime to be divided.

Thriller

Its almost time
I did have a gut feeling Ash was going to get Palpitoad, but what's this?

Cilan Sy-Lan gets a capture too? That's just great! The last time we had a double capture episode was when Jessie & May got their Wurmples.

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
Well no ----. Of course that's what I meant, hence, "In my opinion".

>.>'

When I saw what happened in this episode on Bulbpedia, I thought someone was just trolling, but alas, it was true. I hope this doesn't mean that Trip can't get one, despite Ash having one. At least it's rotting at Junipers.

Maybe you should watch the ****ing episode before *****ing. Ash mentioned an interest in catching seismitoad while he was battling it.