• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Facing Fear With Eyes Wide Open! (694)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Okay i have a few points to make.

1. I love the fact that the pokemon were playing together until Emolga ruined it. -_-
2. Ash and Oshawott training was so awesome and hilarious.
3. "IT'S LUNCH TIME!"
4. Now I know why they switched Tranquill for Swadloon again. Tranquill would have decimated those Foongus.
5. Palpitoad and Tympole tick me off. They are so hideous!
6. Stunfisk is awesome though! That face!
7. Cilan is an awesome fisherman! Why did they delay his fishing episode!
8. Oshawott mastered Aqua Jet!
9. Cilan is too awesome... KO'd Stunfisk w/o battlign it and just slammed it on the ground.
10. WHAT!!!! NOOO! ASH DON'T THROW YOUR POKEBALL!
11. WHAT!!!! YESSS! CILAN THROW YOUR POKEBALL PLZ!
12. Bittersweet episode...
13. Now that both "leaders" were caught, I hope those cowardly Tympole go and get captured by vicious trainers or something.

You know what!
[spoil] I'm thinking Trip will show up in the Roggenrola episode and capture it before Ash. that way Ash will trade him Palpitoad for Roggenrola. Seeing how Trip tried to catch Palpitoad but Ash accidentally interrupted. [/spoil]

Last edited:

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
After watching the episode I really gotta wonder, was Oshawott just afraid of opening his eyes underwater or something? If so, then why? I don't understand what they were saying so if they explained it, I missed it. But now with it's mastered Aqua Jet finally it's right-side up rather than upside down when it does it (Not that there's anything wrong with it, it was just a bit of a pet peeve of mine).

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH guys couldn't see the episode live today due to work related stuff :D.

Saw it now, ****ing genius episode, I had lost hope on the frog getting caught but as soon as I saw Satoshi saying he was going to capture it, I knew he was going to do it haha.

I totally didn't see Dent getting the Trollfish though but after seeing it koed with his buddy I though why not?

Genius episode, thank you writers I freacking love every aspect of this episode, Mijumaru was freaking awesome as usual.

Damn nice after being sleep deprived for 22 hours, sick with alergies and tired as heck for walking a lot, to see a great episode like this one just revitalized me haha.

FOCKING LOBED IT.

The frog looks absolutelly adorable, I don't get the derp comments, his pre evolutions sure but the frog is adorable/badass in this case.

Edit: **** yeah Zard haha, Dent is a ****ing pro with the fishing rod, ITUZU TUROLING FISH TIME.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool to see Tamagetake, Maggyo, Otamaro, and Gamagaru for the 1st time. It was funny when Mijumaru didn't like when Ash forcefully open his eyes, and used Water Gun to bounce him back on land which knocked him out. It was great to see pretty much everyone's Pokemon come out for the 1st time in awhile. As before, Zuruggu used Headbutt on a wild Pokemon, this time Taunting the Tamagetake, which wasn't smart because they used Poison Spores on all of the Gang's Pokemon. It was silly to see Dent saying "It's Lunch Time" while doing a spin. Gamagaru knows 2 very powerful moves - Hyper Voice and Hydro Pump. Maggyo's face when using Discharge was funny. It was weird that an Electric/Ground Pokemon was in water... It was hilarious to see Dent spin Maggyo around and around to allow Ash to battle Gamagaru. It was great to see double captures! It was even better that both Pokemon were caught at the same time. It was great to see Mijumaru finally master Aqua Jet. This was a very clever way of doing both captures.

Thank you writers! 694 episodes I have waited, and you finally grant my wish! Ash FINALLY caught a non-starter from my absolute favorite evolution family in a region! I've never been this happy in a long time!

:536: :D

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Skipping about three pages of comments, some of you realize Ash caught Palipitoad because he was impressed with it, right?

After all it stopped Oshawott's water gun and shell blade. Ash then mentioned about "getting it" and he did. So it really wasn't random in the episode.

Outside looking in, maybe. But Ash's wanting to catch it happened within the episode. To me it didn't look like Ash was intending to catch it, until Palpitoad started kicking Oshawott's butt.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Yes dman, like I said I lost hope in the frog but as soon as Satoshi got impressed and said I'm catching it, I knew it was a lock.

I hope he does this with more pokemons in the future, seems Roggenrola is the same , he is impressed by its flash Cannon and wants to catch it.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I love how so many of you piss and moan. Its like what Brian said in that Family Guy episode.

"If you don't like just go on the internet and complain!"

Kustem

Stylish knight
cilan is so badass now i ask brock who? lol, i really think palpitoad and stunfisk are two of the uglyest pokemon of unova, but who cares, ash is finally catching a big number of pokemon, just hope more and more captures,

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I did not expect that both Palpitoad and Stunfisk would be caught. hrm.

I'm over Ash catching Pokemon. 8 is enough. We need some evolutions and development.

Cilan needed another Pokemon, but really? Stunfisk?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As for other possible captures, it's really up in the air (even though I think Ash with get a Lampent to balance out the 2 Grass and Waters types), as the writers can give him as many Pokemon as they want whether we, the Pokemon fandom, complain and ***** about a Pokemon not fitting a certain trainer.

I still stand strongly by my belief that all of the pokemon Ash has captured in Unova are somewhat similar to the ones he caught in Kanto during season 1. I'm not saying the Unova pokemon are clones, I'm saying they're similarities and gentle knods to the season that started it all. The one thing they all have in common is that they at least share one type:
* Tranquil- Pidgeotto
* Oshawott- Squirtle
* Tepig- Charmander
* Snivy- Bulbasaur
* Scraggy- Primeape
* Swadloon- Metapod
* Palpitoad- Krabby

Last edited:

pkGamerB

I'll shred ya.
This was a really good episode. Like most people, I totally didn't see the ending coming. I had a feeling Cilan might catch something after seeing the preview last week, but Ash catching Palpitoad completely caught me off guard. I'm not the biggest fan of the Seismitoad line (but then again, I didn't like Oshawott at first either, and now it's my favorite Unova Pokemon), but more Pokemon for Ash is always good. This one was fun to watch overall though, from seeing Oshawott learning to open his eyes in the water and mastering Aqua Jet, to seeing everyone's Pokemon again, to the captures at the end. My only complaint is that it gets harder and harder to get development for Tranquill and Swadloon (and to a lesser extent, Scraggy) as Ash catches more Pokemon.

I'm dunno if I'm the only one who thinks this way, and I might be getting ahead of myself, but I feel like Palpitoad might not evolve since it was caught in its second form and already has such strong moves. And of course, that leaves the window open for Oshawott to evolve still (although in a perfect world, they'd both evolve).

Also, to the people who were saying they think Ash will only use Unova Pokemon for this league, I definitely agree. He's starting to get a nice group of Pokemon together, including three that are evolved before the 3rd gym, and still has a lot of time to develop them even more. I personally wouldn't mind if he gets 4 more before it's all said and done so he'll have enough for two full teams for the league.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Good grief, that clip when Cilan spun Stunfisk around made its way into a sig of mine somewhere.