1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fainted Wild Pokemon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Sigilyph2, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Sigilyph2

Sigilyph2 Trainer of Champions

This is a question that has always bothered me, and I want to hear some of your opinions on the matter.

After you faint a wild Pokemon, what would happen to it? I assume after a while it would probably heal naturally, but until then, it would just take up space on the route.

Another thought is, what if you were EV training or Audino Hunting, and fainted a ton of Pokemon? What would happen to them all? Would they just lay on the route until they could heal? Post your opinions.

2. Ilan

Ilan Well-Known Member

They will wake up eventually but it is a game.. if a grass spot was taken for some time it would block your way.

3. White_Roar~

White_Roar~ Mother Monster

That's a good question!

Whenever I'm EV Training or whatever, I always think that the Pokemon probably runs away from the Route after Fainting...

4. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

They just pass out and block your way, and since 1 pkmn=1 square pixel, the protagonist is all like "Really, Ratatta?"

5. Sigilyph2

And then they would come back after being healed, I suppose. That is a good theory.

I guess they could do that, considering routes in the anime/'real world' would be kilometres long rather than a few pixels.

6. ShiningKnightXY

ShiningKnightXY <----Newest Shiny

We know that Audino knows Heal Pulse. Maybe Audino are rare because they are busy healing fallen pokemon.

7. Thunderstrike18

Thunderstrike18 Sandāsutoraiku

Maybe after they faint some Pokemon with a healing move comes and heals them.

8. Estellise

Estellise freeze!

I always thought someone found them and gave them medicine.

9. Sigilyph2

This could explain the rarity of Pokemon like Blissey and Audino, and why the grass is always shaking when Audinos are nearby - they are healing a Pokemon.

10. zapto369

zapto369 Because I'm Worth It

They black out and return to a pokemon center... oh wait, never mind.

11. PrismaticPrincessAnna

PrismaticPrincessAnna I'll do my Lilliest

lol, that would be weird o_O; But then again, I've always why ye can't catch fainted PKMN, nya~

12. ShiningKnightXY

ShiningKnightXY <----Newest Shiny

Yeah I agree. The people in the Anime seem to do it. Of course everyone says the Anime is different.

13. I really haven't thought about it. But I always imagined that they lay there for hours until they feel better.

14. Trickster Zorua

Trickster Zorua AMUSING STARTER FTW

I think more that the after the pokémon are fainted, they just wake up somehow, and run away, to hide from that trainer. :p

15. amittal12

amittal12 Sceptile Maniac

I think when a Pokemon faints,its like in the anime what happens to Pikachu.It's unable to battle but wakes up itself and maybe eats Oran/Sitrus berries or use a healing move if it has any.

16. Earendil

Earendil Well-Known Member

I remember reading--albeit years ago--in some official Nintendo publication that the Nurse Joys go off onto the various routes and heal them in their spare time.

17. Archstaraptor

Archstaraptor devolved.

In which case they must be pretty miffed with all the aspiring trainers running about...
    The image of Route 14 covered with fainted Audino is pretty hilarious, and now I think about it,the trainer's looking to beat them up,too :/
    Trainer's weapon of choice=Bear fists?Cricket bat?

18. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

When a Pokemon faints, it cries out its usualy cry, which actually means "Why?" before getting dragged into a dark void underneath.
    What happens after that is currently unknown, but some people speculate that they get dragged to hell. Which they for obvious reasons could not include in a childrens game.
    Therefore, instead of saying "*Wild Pokemon* Died and went straight to hell!" they only said "*Wild Pokemon* fainted"
    Or trainers pokemon, etc. Depending on the match

19. Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark Galaxy Trainer

When a trainers pokemon faints, it doesn't go straight to hell. Because when you heal it, for instance in a pokecenter, it will be alive and kicking again. Wild pokemon may actually die...

20. Schade

Schade The real Slim Schady

Your trainer gets dragged down too, but is saved by his/her guardian angel, that carries them to a Pokemon Center, into safety