• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fainted Wild Pokemon?

I believe in the Audino/Blissey theory. :D

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I like to think that random Chandelures come to steal the Pokémon's spirits, and Drifloons carry the bodies away. Going through some of the many disturbing Pokédex entries can answer a lot of questions.

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
I like to think that random Chandelures come to steal the Pokémon's spirits, and Drifloons carry the bodies away. Going through some of the many disturbing Pokédex entries can answer a lot of questions.

I think I believe this more than the "trainers get dragged to hell theory. (Maybe its just because I want to believe it). It could explain why you black out, rather than just get out of the situation. The Audino/Blissey healer theory I think is still the most believable, although the Nurse Joy one could work. Maybe Nurse Joy has a sister or cousin or something who takes care of wild Pokemon.

Pokemon Rangers could also help the fainted pokemon in the wild.

Sadarac

My understanding was that "fainted" pokemon are simply too tired or too injured to fight, but are actually still conscious. In which case, I imagine the defeated wild pokemon hobbles off somewhere and the trainers simply let it go, since they got their exp already. (If a trainer didn't, then they would get arrested by Looker and never see daylight again... dun..dun...dunnnnn!)

Arvis

well some pokemon have held berries. then there are other trainers that could alert a pokemon center. and there are chanseys that give those nutritional eggs to hurt pokemon according to the pokedex.

Last edited:

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder

Vivian

Fainted pokemon are not actually fainted, they are just too tired/injured to fight. When you defeat victiny the game says it went away, and its there if you come back to the room.
I think the pokemon actually choose if it would be in the pokeball or not, and a pokemon that is damaged choosed to be in the pokemon because the trainer was strong and it wanted to be strong too. A pokemon that is too weak to battle would be also too weak to stay in pokeball, so that is against the law to catch it.

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
This totally makes sense now.

I never gave it much thought till now, but none of the other regions have a spreadout pokemon like Audino. There is Chansey but you can't find it everywhere.

Durbe

I'm tired
They black out and return to a pokemon center... oh wait, never mind.

^ lmao

Well, I always think that by "faint", it doesn't mean they can't do anything anymore, it's like a fainted Pokemon being able to use a HM move.
So they probably go somewhere nearby to camp and recover themselves slowly?

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
I never gave it much thought till now, but none of the other regions have a spreadout pokemon like Audino. There is Chansey but you can't find it everywhere.
Maybe the reason you can't find them everywhere is because they are busy? I haven't given Chansey much thought either, but there have to be some Pokemon that you can't catch. Maybe some Pokemon Rangers catch Audinos and use Heal Pulse after a Pokemon faints.

-Nator-

I think the more important question is:
What if you catch too many of the same species? You would think it would eventually become endangered; I guess therefore they would become legendary...
Man, that's something to think about.

I think the more important question is:
What if you catch too many of the same species? You would think it would eventually become endangered; I guess therefore they would become legendary...
Man, that's something to think about.

Extending this, what if you breed too many pokemon to get a shiny? Won't the habitat be damaged if number of species increases.
Well this could in a sense provide answer to the above question. There may be breeders whose job is to maintain the rarity of species.

back to thread, Audino theory is most plausible in my opinion

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
All games say that it (the pokemon) fainted, and for all intents and purposes, must be considered as having fainted. From a dictionary, "lacking strength or vigor". This would mean it(the pokemon) lacks the strength to fight, and perhaps heals the wounds itself.

^Screenshot this and post it on your favorite dictionary website on the entry for "overthinking".

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
I just realized something today. Audino is very similar to Alomamola. They're both pink, both can know heal pulse, Alomomola can learn wake-up slap,like audino, despite having no hands, and both can only appear if a ripple in the water/ shaking grass patch is encountered.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Sometimes when you faint a Legendary, it'll say it went somewhere far away. This probably happens to the fainted wild mon too, except it stays on the route.