• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fainting and Passing Out

HydroSwampert

I'm not sure how many people have actually fainted, but I have fainted three times. Each time had something to do with blood, whether seeing too much of it, or getting something about it stuck in my head, and then thinking about it to much. So, who else here has fainted, if anyone, I guess? How many times and how, or why?

I haven't passed out, and I'm not really sure what's the difference from fainting and from passing out. So if anyone could say that, then that would be cool! But, who here has passed out? How many times, and how, or why?

There might already be a Thread for this, because I didn't really look, so if there is, then a Moderator can close this. Thanks! :D

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I've never fainted before, but I've seen someone faint. It was a friend of mine, and he fainted because he got overheated during a soccer game. It was pretty scary.

BlazikenBlitz

Blaziken Ninja
(I find fainting to be of a unnatural cause, passing out a natural) I've Fainted once, and passed out once.

I've always been quite a overreactor, so when my dad raised his voice one time when I was going to lie to my teacher, (The Day pokemon Platinum came out and I got it) I fainted. My dad said "You looked like you were about to hug me, but you just kept going down and down, so I laid you on the floor."

I also passed out one time during a Honors chorus rehearsal, having had no water in the day and being locked in a hot, humid room with 100 kids my age. I fell down multiple small stairs, and made my lips bleed because of my braces (this happened real recently, I still have my braces on. This happened maybe last year) and I had to drink 2 big bottles of water before I could practice again.

People my age (12-13) always wonder what it's like because it never happened to them before.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I've never actually passed out or fainted, but I have come close several times before in the past. (I haven't had happen what I describe below to me for a while)

Every time it happened, it involved me keeping my knees locked for too long, then the blood draining from my face, and everything starting to go black as well as a feeling of fatigue. And I was always restored back to being normal after I drank some water. That's why I drink water quite frequently nowadays.

Last edited:
One time I was very dehydrated which made me sick.

I vomitted, then fainted and fell in my vomit. This happened 3 ttimes repeatedly.

Myrrh

Once I fainted/passed out in Church when I visited Mexico. I just kinda felt sickly and collapsed, but I didn't lose consciousness. I think it was the incense or something, along the way out I think I bumped into a bunch of people cause I was loosing my sight.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I've never fainted or passed out before, the closest would be when I'm doing some sort of physical activity (usually karate). I start to feel light headed and I feel like I need to sit down or I'm gonna fall right off my feet.

Buchou

filch some swag
I've fainted once when I fell really hard on concrete playing when I was a kid. As for passing out, I've passed out tons of times from studying or just staying up too late.

G50

No longer posting
Prior to graduating High School, I used to faint/pass out all of the time. It would literally occur everywhere at school and I ended up having a Teacher's assistant in every one of my classes to be there if/when something happened. (embarrassing...) The same problems occured at work (restaurant), and I ended up being laid off due to a liability when they became seizures as well. Later on I found out the 2 causes - Low Blood Sugar, and Severe Indoor Heat Intolerance. Although they don't occur as often with me being able to control these two causes most of the time, it cannot always be avoided.

Blood Tests used to cause me to faint as well, but now I have them done differently.

Recently, at my 4th Dan testing I went through a fainting spell after knocking a tooth out while breaking a brick. Right in front of everybody too...

Last edited:

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
I have only fainted or blackout wichever it was when i was 4 and i don't remember it much, i remember fainting/blacking out because i was so sad and angry and idk what happened next, it all went black and woke up on my bed some hours after i was angry o_O.

Cruisin'

Never have, never will.

Osha Say What?

I've never fainted or passed out. The closest I've come was when fall off of a swing in elementary school. I had the wind completely knocked out of me, and I couldn't walk and had to use a wheelchair for the next hour or so. It was totally scary.

Cruisin'

I've never fainted or passed out. The closest I've come was when fall off of a swing in elementary school. I had the wind completely knocked out of me, and I couldn't walk and had to use a wheelchair for the next hour or so. It was totally scary.

damm that sounds scary. Having to use a wheelchair for an hour just form having the wind knocked out of you? It must've been a pretty bad case of it.

I've never even "blacked out" from drinking or w/e. I like to think I'm in control of my mind and body at all times no matter what.

Kierzor

Kinda reminiscing
Once while playing football (soccer for all you Americans) I got an elbow right to the face. It must've hit me quite hard because the next thing I remember is me lying on the ground with a group of people around me.

The DoritoNinja

The Last Dying Ninja
I have fainted 3 times

All from lack of food. I am bulimic and still bulimic
I know the risks and I've been doing it 10 months now

Slowly killing myself, Idc what my parents say, what my girlfriend says or anyone else. It was my choice not theirs

Valencia

the perfect crime
I've never totally fainted or passed out before, but I've come close a few times. I have low blood pressure, and sometimes when I shower and the water is a little too hot I start to feel really dizzy and lightheaded and everything starts to go black, so I have to get out of there right away. It's really scary. Luckily it hasn't happened for awhile because I've been able to figure out what a good temperature is.

Last edited: