• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy Pass

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
A lot of things have changed since last gen such as weather only last 5 turns. so I decided to try out baton pass this gen to see how it is. the results so far are good due to the lack of skarmorys and roar/whirlwind users.

The Team

ninjask.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

here we have a standard ninjask set. 252 speed to out speed scarf pokes. 252 hp to make sure i can keep subbing to abuse speed boost. sword dance is only used when I play against people who can't break the sub or just try set up on me. baton pass is used to pass the boost onto whatever poke i want to set up next or just to sweep right away with maw.

sylveon.png

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef/4 Sp Atk
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice

Sylveon is the sp def wall which likes to set on on sp atks. Syveon fits perfectly into this team because it can set on choice scarf dragons using outrage, even with 4 sp atk evds it can hit hard with hyper voice after one calm mind thanks to it's ability and it can hit past subs. wish is used to recover and it lets me keep setting up or it can be used to heal another poke so I can carry on the chain. 252 hp and 252 sp def so it can take on sp atks and set up.

maw.png

Mawile (F) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Here is the star of the team after I have boosted speed 3 or 2 times and set up one sword dance the game is pretty much over thanks to huge power this mawile because very strong and can ko most pokemon. 252 attack to make sure it can beat all pokemon left. 252 speed to help less speed needed to pass to it so it can outspeed everything. iron head is used to get a boost from stab and ko everything which don't resist it. play rough is used to get a boost from stab and beat rotom. Sucker punch is used to beat anything when i have no passed enough speed or just to get rid poke so i can get ninjask to start passing. fire fang is used to kill steels but may replace it for brick break as heatran is a pain to beat. maw does not need any defence or sp def boosts all it needs is the attack and speed and it's good ga
me.

EP705_Scolipede.jpg

Scolipede @ Weakness policy
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Protect/ megahorn/ eq

Scolipede is used when ninjask cannot set up or is dead. with the boost from vaporeon and Sylveon it can set up and pass the boost onto maw. weakness policy is used when I am I have not set calm mind up fully so I can take like 2 hits by fire so why not abuse weakness policy to help set up maw thanks to the 2+ attack it gives, 252 speed to give it 355 speed to out pace a lot of pokes. 252 hp to help it set up subs for longer. baton pass is used to pass on boosts, sword dance to boost attack for maw to sweep. sub to help abuse the bulky boosts i got and help boost speed without taking hits. Protect to help boost speed but thinking bout using megahorn to take out pokes when maw is dead or eq to take out heatran so maw can sweep.

sylveon_and_vaporeon.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP/4 sp def
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Acid Armor
- Wish
- Substitute

Here is the defence wall of the team, vaporeon is used to receive sp def boosts from Sylveon so it can set up defence or it can be used the other way round depends if your against a physical attacker or sp atker. 252 def to give it strong bulk with 252 hp to let it take its and make subs hard to break. Sylveon and Vaporeon are the greatest partners in this team. one cannot take hits without taking the boosts by the other poke. after all boosts are set it can be passed to maw and give me the win

ditto.png

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Timid Nature
- Transform

ditto is used as a late game sweeper or can be used right away if the person tries to set up a threat then it can be taken out right away with ditto. People doubt ditto a lot but if you use it right it is really good in ou, the evds don't matter as they do nothing, transform is useless as it's ability does it's job for it.

Theats
skarmory (rarely seen :S )
heatran
roar or whirlwind uses (rarely seen)

Rock-Paper-Scizor

The very worst.
Ah, I saw this team played against Sharp today. Hax on his part but this is a great team. The only thing I could think of changing at the moment is sylveon to espeon.
Espeon, Magic Bounce @Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe
-Baton Pass
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-HP Fighting
I don't think the lack of wish is a huge thing since you have vaporeon and this would provide protection against status and roar/whirlwind.

ModelT

The Normal Trainer
I get the concept of an awesome pass team, but I've noticed a lack of hazard removal/prevention. I may have to agree with Rock-Paper-Scissors in that Espeon might be an upgrade from Slyveon, as it will allow you to block hazard placement as well. Spikes and Rocks can mess with your whole team, and Sticky Web can really set back multiple baton passes, as it will practically nullify your Speed Boost boosts.

You only have "two" attackers on your team as well. I mean, yeah, Slyv (and possibly Espeon) has an attack, same w/ Scoliopede, but other than Mawile and Ditto, you don't have much. Also, one good red card vs. Mawile can wrentch the whole system. Another downside, I might consider trading some of Mawile's speed into his HP, because a Sturdy EQ or an awesome wall, or him getting Burnt can really hinder your progress. Although Ditto IS pretty boss, I might consider a different sweeper on your team. Also, are Pede AND Ninjask really needed? If this team isn't just OU, maybe grab Blaziken w/ BP instead of one of them. If it is OU, maybe just something else in general, for some extra sweeping power, like a special attacker such as Clawitzer @ Assault Vest with Speed and Special Attack investment to take advantage of that Speed Boosting.

McDanger

I get the concept of an awesome pass team, but I've noticed a lack of hazard removal/prevention. I may have to agree with Rock-Paper-Scissors in that Espeon might be an upgrade from Slyveon, as it will allow you to block hazard placement as well. Spikes and Rocks can mess with your whole team, and Sticky Web can really set back multiple baton passes, as it will practically nullify your Speed Boost boosts.

You only have "two" attackers on your team as well. I mean, yeah, Slyv (and possibly Espeon) has an attack, same w/ Scoliopede, but other than Mawile and Ditto, you don't have much. Also, one good red card vs. Mawile can wrentch the whole system. Another downside, I might consider trading some of Mawile's speed into his HP, because a Sturdy EQ or an awesome wall, or him getting Burnt can really hinder your progress. Although Ditto IS pretty boss, I might consider a different sweeper on your team. Also, are Pede AND Ninjask really needed? If this team isn't just OU, maybe grab Blaziken w/ BP instead of one of them. If it is OU, maybe just something else in general, for some extra sweeping power, like a special attacker such as Clawitzer @ Assault Vest with Speed and Special Attack investment to take advantage of that Speed Boosting.

to bad blaziken has been banned and clawitzer isnt that good
If anything he would just use stored power espeon

I also back the idea of adding espeon because roar and whirlwind is annoying to the team, tho the most common one now is mandibuzz who can smash espeon easily. Maybe consider giving mawile crunch over fire fang as defensive heatran beats you there without losing coverage

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince

I was going use espeon when people start using roar etc, hardly anyone uses red card even if the foe has study i be in sub and they wont be able to break it if i got full defence, to add to that if the sub breaks they die next turn anyway so nothing to worry about. as long as i have passed attack and speed i dont even have to worry about burn unless it's flame body which is used by vol, I can let them set up on it and bring ditto in to sweep.
ofc ninjask and perd are needed it's baton pass without them the team is pretty useless. blaze is banned in ou, claw is not even god enough for ou

ModelT

The Normal Trainer
to bad blaziken has been banned and clawitzer isnt that good
If anything he would just use stored power espeon

He never specified what format he was running this in is the only reason I even mentioned Blaze (Wi Fi is a thing, after all).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main reason Clawitzer "isn't that good" is because he's slow. There are two pokemon on this team that pass Speed Boosts. I figured with his naturally high Sp. Def and Sp. Att and Mawile's naturally High Def and Att, they would compliment each other nicely. My main point, really, is that it wouldn't hurt to have some special attck sweeper on the team as well as the Mawile Offensive. Since both Espeon and Slyveon can learn Calm Mind, Seemed like a good idea.

Also, as much as I like Ditto, he doesn't really fit in, but is usually of the nature of "I don't know what else to put here exactly... I know, why not ditto!?" He's the Zoidberg of Pokemon. More importantly, you can't baton pass things to him, as when he transforms, he copies the targets stats and stat levels. Sure, he can handle when your opponent has set up (which you are doing anyways, so does it matter?), and take on any Mega, but that's it.

Do you really want to keep using Puple Zoidberg?

McDanger

He never specified what format he was running this in is the only reason I even mentioned Blaze (Wi Fi is a thing, after all).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main reason Clawitzer "isn't that good" is because he's slow. There are two pokemon on this team that pass Speed Boosts. I figured with his naturally high Sp. Def and Sp. Att and Mawile's naturally High Def and Att, they would compliment each other nicely. My main point, really, is that it wouldn't hurt to have some special attck sweeper on the team as well as the Mawile Offensive. Since both Espeon and Slyveon can learn Calm Mind, Seemed like a good idea.

Also, as much as I like Ditto, he doesn't really fit in, but is usually of the nature of "I don't know what else to put here exactly... I know, why not ditto!?" He's the Zoidberg of Pokemon. More importantly, you can't baton pass things to him, as when he transforms, he copies the targets stats and stat levels. Sure, he can handle when your opponent has set up (which you are doing anyways, so does it matter?), and take on any Mega, but that's it.

Do you really want to keep using Puple Zoidberg?

The reason clawtizer is bad here is it needs different pass support, you need to go from sylveon to ninjask/scolopede to clawtizer while all mawile needs is speed and sometimes a swords dance making it harder to pass to clawtizer then mawile making it an inferior choice as he would also make himself weaker to other threats, especially since it would go over vaporeon, such as talonflame and mega tyranitar making the team weaker then it needs to be, and he needs ditto to revenge threats that break his baton pass or set up along side it such as double dance landorus, swords dance aegislash, and dragon dance charizard x

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Danger pretty much explained everything needed really lol, anyway it cannot be wifi as sylveon cannot learn hyper voice till pokebank is out, ditto is a boss poke even if i can't pass boosts i can pass subs to him if needed, plus there nothing better than 2 mega pokes.