• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy Tail

GaZsTiC

Alternating
Oh god I hate it. Well...not hate.

Strongly dislike. It makes Naruto and Bleach look like masterpieces.

Prof.Arete

chaos paradigm
I really like the way it's written and find many of the characters interesting. Yes it's a horribly generic manga but at least it actually has had a plot since the very beginning.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Oh god I hate it. Well...not hate.

Strongly dislike. It makes Naruto and Bleach look like masterpieces.
Funny enough while it's standard shounen fanfare it still a bit nicer when it comes to characters and character moments. I'd rather watch Mashima's asspulls then I would Kishi's or Kubo's.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Honestly, the only arc I really hated was Edolas. I find the characters to have good interactions with each other for the most part. As a shipper, I find the main protagonists can be easily interpaired with one another, and that's important. Only problem is, the battles don't last nearly as long as I'd like, but hey, at least things move along, unlike in Bleach or Naruto. Overall, I'm a fan.

Lord Zant

Two jobs. ugh
but hey, at least things move along, unlike in Bleach or Naruto.

That's one of the main reasons I read this, I think: so that after I've read the Bleach for the week I can go read Fairy Tail to feel like a story's actually progressing, so it's a nice combo. (Thankfully Kubo seems to be improving on the terrifying job he did with the pacing of the battle in Fake Karakura Town.)

I haven't really liked this Grimoire Heart arc very much though... maybe it'll get better.

Steven M. Stone

M for Mother****ing
Everyone who says they hate probably hasn't read it from the beginning.
Besides the current arc is very interesting, I don't know how you find it boring.

Lol, I don't know how you can compare it with Bleach... Bleach is complete trash now. Naruto, well it depends on what you like so I can't say anything.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I like it as well. The story is good and it doesn't get dragged that much like Bleach does.

Its 2nd on my list of mangas that i like (1st is Mahou Sensei Negima!, 3rd is Naruto, 4th is Gakuen Alice, 5th is Air Gear, and 6th is Bleach).

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I had started reading the manga a while ago but I stopped and decided to just watch the anime instead. I've resumed reading the manga recently and I think it's pretty cool. I wasn't really a fan of the series until last year but I like the pacing so far. I also really like Hiro Mashima's artwork so that's made me enjoy the series as well. My favorite character is Lucy and my second favorite character is probably Erza.

Fairy Tail? I must join! (Even though I haven't read all the manga and only keep up with the anime xD)

Fairy Tail's my favorite anime and I do read the manga here and there too. It's even in my sig right now.
My favorite character is hands down Natsu. He's just so wacky that I can't help but love him. xD Next is Erza. She kicks butt and is so funny. Then Gray. Man, I love Gray. He's so cute and his random stripping is funny (and he looks good without a shirt! *shot*). I like his attitude too. Then Lucy. I love her personality. So yeah, Team Natsu's the best. I don't have a lot of other favorites, but I also like Loke, Cana, and Mirajane.

Hey Juvia's pissed, it's going to get better xD
I saw that. Juvia scared me in the latest chapter. XD

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Typical shonen is typical. There's nothing special about it and I question the sanity of the fans who love it more than those who adore the big 3. Also the art isn't unique at all, despite that Mashima worked under Oda, he could have at least created his own style.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Fairy Tail is good, its 3rd on my list of mangas that I keep up with (but I only keep up with three anyway). Easy to follow and it progresses pretty well compared to Bleach.

My favorite characters are Natsu (hes so out there how can you not like him? and he eats fire), Gajeel (he eats steel, steel I say!), Gray (I always liked Ice characters) and & Elfman (because HE IS A MAN!).

seendes

This story begins with a particular, very atypical "boy meets girl". A young girl named Lucy, wants to be a member of the guild and Natsu-a flame mage looking for his Igneel foster parent - Bump heads in the port city Hargeon.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I hate the plot twists. I hate the art. And the thing I hate the most are the characters themselves and their goals - I just can't become emotionally attached to them. I mean, I did kinda like Gray and Erza's storyline until suddenly Gray's sensei's daughter - yes a daughter - was the bad guy - that's right a guy randomly became a woman who just so happened to be Gray's sensei's daughter whom for whatever reason wanted to melt her mother's ice spell - showed up and when Jellal - Gerard? Gelal? Could CR at least ask the Japanese for a romanisation? - randomly became a good guy but then was arrested and will likely become a bad guy, and he, mysteriously has a load of clones/brothers? And Wendy apparently knew Jellal, but it might have been Mystogan? Another clone? And then her whole guild was actually just a spell which makes no sense considering how they looked scared when Nirvana was about to be fired, but if they weren't real, why did they look scared? No sense whatsoever = crappy, last minute plot-twist. Lucy and Happy - they are just the blonde, big-breasted, not funny in the slightest fan-service and "cute mascot" characters whom add nothing to the story. And Natsu...hello Naruto/Luffy/Goku, I didn't know you had pink hair... Yeah. The story is awful.

/RANT