• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy Tail

Rowdy

When I read the new chapter title, "Sin and Sacrifice", I was really thinking this was the one where Jellal's rumored death was going to happen.

But I wasn't expecting Gray to be the one to die...

waffle_x_v

Fun stuff
Wow, unexpected indeed. Ultear though, love her.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
That was stupid, and was only needed to add some pointless drama...on top of the pointless drama we already had.

Why Gray? Kill off someone important.

Rowdy

I wouldn't worry to much about Gray's fate right now, given Mashima's past moments of NOT letting a meber of Fairy Tail die despite the situation.

This is very likely going to be the same as when Kishi made fans think he had Pain kill Kakashi by shooting a nail through his head at the end of one Naruto chapter (similar splatter detail) then revealing he survived by pure luck (using Kamui to war the nail away before it could hit).

KillerDraco

I wouldn't worry to much about Gray's fate right now, given Mashima's past moments of NOT letting a meber of Fairy Tail die despite the situation.

Pretty much this. How many times did it seem like Makarov was going to die in the Tenrou Island arc? I lost count.

Though I anticipate that thousands of Gray fangirls cried out in unison regardless.

Rowdy

Plus we really can't say Neji is perma-dead till Naruto ends and he's still worm food.

I mean, there's still a chance Obito (or possibly even Madsra himself) could pull a Nagato and Rinne Tensei everyone who died during the war back to life. Given Kishi's track record, I can see him doing this.

stevendat

Wandering Demon
That was stupid, and was only needed to add some pointless drama...on top of the pointless drama we already had.

Why Gray? Kill off someone important.

Pretty much how I feel about most of the chapter. Most of which revolved around Ultear (who I like and have some bias towards). She was already trying to atone for what she did in the past whether it be through trying to killl herself or through trying to better the world by making crime sociore. Now about the milliana thing I can see her getting the truth out so there could be clarity but giving her all this needless drama for wanting to do what she could to save the world seems pointless. Being able to make a decision for the sake of the future is no reason to break down and lose yourself and Ultear is a strong person from what we've seen. I just pray that mashima don't kill her off or do to her what he did to Laxus or Kagura.

As for Gray, I'll believe he's dead when there's 100% cetrainity that he is dead and there is no way for him to be healed/saved from these injuries. I say that because if Arcadious is any proof, Hiro just can't handle killing any character off and would rather toy with readers then make a meaningful death like Simon from the tower arc.

stevendat

Wandering Demon
honestly what i see is Ultear will atone for her sins by sacrificing herself to revive gray with her magic thats what i see happening

And to that I raise the question, how? A couple of people have mentioned that idea but there are a couple of things that wouldn't make sense.
1) Ultear is nowhere near Gray,I think, and probably doesn't know what just happened to him unless she can sense other peoples life force/magic.
2) She's currently dealing with one of the most regressive character developments since Kagura and though she is shaken up by her actions she isn't suicidal like everyone is pointing her out to be.
3) As of this point time magic still can't effect living beings, though the tenrou tree says otherwise, and unless the rules of this magic changed from 7 years ago it still shouldn't have that type of ability.

Now given the bs Erza pulled off a few chapters I wouldn't throw every possibility out the window but Hiro hasn't been making much sense since this arc started, so if by some chance ultear can pull a Chiyo...I'll accept it but I won't be happy with it by any means.

lolipiece

Staff member
To those who saw Mashima's Tweet.

[img139]http://media.tumblr.com/cad4a573952b207851c9018f3533fb4f/tumblr_inline_mo15uisBT51qz4rgp.jpg[/img139]

Please be aware that he's probably talking about the chapter that came out. If I remember correctly, the magazine comes out on Monday.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
And to that I raise the question, how? A couple of people have mentioned that idea but there are a couple of things that wouldn't make sense.
1) Ultear is nowhere near Gray,I think, and probably doesn't know what just happened to him unless she can sense other peoples life force/magic.
2) She's currently dealing with one of the most regressive character developments since Kagura and though she is shaken up by her actions she isn't suicidal like everyone is pointing her out to be.
3) As of this point time magic still can't effect living beings, though the tenrou tree says otherwise, and unless the rules of this magic changed from 7 years ago it still shouldn't have that type of ability.

Now given the bs Erza pulled off a few chapters I wouldn't throw every possibility out the window but Hiro hasn't been making much sense since this arc started, so if by some chance ultear can pull a Chiyo...I'll accept it but I won't be happy with it by any means.

well u gotta remember ultear and gray have a bond kinda being close to Ul so im sure she will get involved with gray some how, he is the precious student of her mother she wouldn't wanna see him die

also next chapter is called "time of life" so that also brings hints

Baam

That actually was rather unexpected.

Though I doubt Gray will actually be killed off, it would be quite an interesting turn if he was.

Rowdy

Ultear...

In the end, her life was worth just one minute.

But that minute was still enough to save many lives.

Rest well, Ultear. You won't be forgotten.

lolipiece

Staff member
$50 says she comes back to life through some bullcrap way.

This entire thing was a complete waste of time. (You know, like last week's chapter.)

Dancing Togekiss

It ended up just the way I thought it would but it was still sad to see Ultear Die. She died thinking her effort was useless but she saved lives :(
Also, even though I understand the whole deja vu thing saving lives, why did only the good guys get the advantage? The bad guys should have gotten deja vu too and countered their counter attack. Plot hole?