• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Personally I'm a bit surprised that Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy and not a pure Fairy-type. I wonder if any other Pokemon which are currently pure Normal that are likely to become Fairy-types (Cleffa line and Togepi, for example) will retain their Normal-type or change entirely to become pure Fairy-types.

Regality

Digital King
If Clefairy is not retyped into Fairy Im gonna laugh hard... It could be Clefable...

Other old pokemon that would possibly be Fairy... Mawile, Banette n Jynx or Mr Mime...

Im hoping more new fresh Fairy pokemon though...

I can not see Banette being a fairy at all..

But if Mr Mime gets it.. will just make them even weirder :')

storm12

Weather Bearer
I'm still not seeing how any of the announced Fairy Pokemon are even remotely fairy-like.

Jiggypuff and Marill aren't Tinkerbell-type fairies, of course, but they also don't resemble any kind of fairy-like legendary creature I've ever heard of. They're just adorable spheres that evolve into rabbits. But then again, the Fairy Egg Group isn't exactly fairy-like either, so I guess Game Freak probably isn't going to lean too heavily on typical-looking fairies.

I think Marill is kind of representing a naiad- a water nymph; specifically of fresh water such as rivers, brooks etc.. Though it looks like a round mouse :p it and Azumarill have traits of being heavily associated with freshwater- in terms of rivers etc. I believe. That would kind of make sense I suppose- when compared to other existing Water types.

Jigglypuff, well, I can't really argue against it :p I it like a balloon/pudding spirit- which is quite Fairylike and odd I suppose- and it is partially associated with the moon (moon stone) but not as much as Clefairy.

Clefairy HAS to be retyped to pure Fairy! Anyone with me? Having it as normal/fairy would be odd because if anything warrants pure Fairy it is Clefairy and Clefable. Also, it would be nice for it to diverge away from Jigglypuff's line :)

I expect some of:

1st Gen: Clefairy and Clefable, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff,

2nd Gen: Misdreavus, Togetic, Bellossom, Marill and Azumarill (obviously :p),

3rd Gen: Mawile, Absol or an evo, Snorunt, Glailie, just Gardevoir in it's line, possibly Milotic, Skitty line, perhaps a split evo for Shroomish

4th Gen: Cherim, Pachirisu (give it something different), Togekiss, Manaphy, Mismagius, Lake Trio

5th Gen: Audino, Whimsicott.

Xerneas please be Fairy! Please! :D

EDIT: Further extras that I missed off (the next guy with a list was more exhaustive also, with retyping, but meh I'm lazy!): possibly Volbeat/Illumise to give them something different and From Fairy types associated imagery I suspect Cresselia is a good candidate.

Snubbill

Last edited:

gpt11

Personally I'm a bit surprised that Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy and not a pure Fairy-type. I wonder if any other Pokemon which are currently pure Normal that are likely to become Fairy-types (Cleffa line and Togepi, for example) will retain their Normal-type or change entirely to become pure Fairy-types.

I doubt it why take away a STAB Neutral Type when you can make it a Dual Type and give it a new STAB attack

I expect none of the older Pokémon to get their types completely replaced with Fairy, they might not want to make too drastic differences and thus just add the type like with Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy). Clefairy is a given but I think it'll be Normal/Fairy like Jigglypuff. The only pure Fairy-types would be completely new Pokémon like Sylveon. I could see new evolutions for older Pokémon having a Fairy-type, like Cherubi/Cherrim being pure Grass but a new evolution being Grass/Fairy.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
So, what do you think will be name of Arceus' plate for Fairy-type? Or any possible items that could be associate with Fairies?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Fairy retyping (speculation):

:: Clefairy (Fairy) ~ I believe this line turns out to be pure Fairy (except the baby form which stays Normal type)

:: Clefable (Fairy)

:: Jiglypuff (Normal/Fairy)

:: Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)

:: Happiny (Normal/Fairy)

:: Chansey (Normal/Fairy)

:: Blissey (Normal/Fairy)

:: Togepi (Normal/Fairy)

:: Togetic (Flying/Fairy)

:: Togekiss (Flying/Fairy)

:: Snubull (Normal/Fairy)

:: Granbull (Normal/Fairy)

:: Marill (Water/Fairy)

:: Azumarill (Water/Fairy)

:: Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)

:: Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)

:: Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)

:: Mawile (Steel/Fairy)

:: Ralts (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Kirlia (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Plusle (Electric/Fairy)

:: Minum (Electric/Fairy)

:: Milotic (Water/Fairy)

:: Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)

:: Illumise (Bug/Fairy)

:: Audino (Normal/Fairy)

:: Alomomola (Water/Fairy)

:: Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)

:: Zorua (Dark/Fairy)

:: Zoroark (Dark/Fairy)

:: Sylveon (Fairy)

Legendaries:

:: Manaphy (Water/Fairy)

:: Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Mewtwo XY form (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Xerneas (doubt it...)

Concluding (IMO):
= 33 Pokemon retyped + probably 10 new fairy type Pokemon (like Sylveon and – not sure - Xerneas)

Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
I think Marill is kind of representing a naiad- a water nymph; specifically of fresh water such as rivers, brooks etc.. Though it looks like a round mouse :p it and Azumarill have traits of being heavily associated with freshwater- in terms of rivers etc. I believe. That would kind of make sense I suppose- when compared to other existing Water types.

Jigglypuff, well, I can't really argue against it :p I it like a balloon/pudding spirit- which is quite Fairylike and odd I suppose- and it is partially associated with the moon (moon stone) but not as much as Clefairy.

Clefairy HAS to be retyped to pure Fairy! Anyone with me? Having it as normal/fairy would be odd because if anything warrants pure Fairy it is Clefairy and Clefable. Also, it would be nice for it to diverge away from Jigglypuff's line :)

I expect some of:

1st Gen: Clefairy and Clefable, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff,

2nd Gen: Misdreavus, Togetic, Bellossom, Marill and Azumarill (obviously :p),

3rd Gen: Mawile, Absol or an evo, Snorunt, Glailie, just Gardevoir in it's line, possibly Milotic, Skitty line, perhaps a split evo for Shroomish

4th Gen: Cherim, Pachirisu (give it something different), Togekiss, Manaphy, Mismagius, Lake Trio

5th Gen: Audino, Whimsicott.

Xerneas please be Fairy! Please! :D

I bolded the one's i don't think will happen. All the other i could see happening, with Pachirisu i think an Electric/Fairy evo would be quite good for the little fella

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Fairy type is not super-effective against Dark.

Here is my idea. Gardevoir is a Psychic/Fairy type with a decent special attack stat. Hydregion is Dark/Dragon type and it is shown that they are battling at the same level, LV.50. If Gardevoir used Fairy Wind in order to attack the Hyderigon, which has a great special attack, it would have KO'd Hydregion, considering Fairy type is both super effective to Dragon and Dark. However, unlikely, it is seen that after the attack Hydreigon has around 50-55 HP with yellow-orange coloured HP bar. I don't think if a x4 type of attack would leave this amount of HP after it is used. So,

Either Fairy Wind has very low power or Dark is not super effected by Fairy Types.

gpt11

hopefully this will give Azumarill some extra moves currently its only good moves to abuse with Huge Power are Return, Body Slam, Superpower, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Waterfall and Ice Punch

Regality

Digital King
...I still think everyone is thinking of too many, and some seemingly random, pokemon to be retyped as fairy.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I think that they're going to re-type a lot of Pokemon. The low amount in Gen II made sense because there was only 151 before it. The competitive scene was also the main reasoning for Fairy's strength over Dragons. More fairys will change the metagame further.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Guys, let's not automatically assume that every Pokemon from the FAIRY EGG GROUP would all receive Fairy typing.

Luthor

Fairy retyping (speculation):

:: Jiglypuff (Normal/Fairy)

:: Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)

:: Clefairy (Fairy) ~ I believe this line turns out to be pure Fairy (except the baby form which stays Normal type)

:: Clefable (Fairy)

:: Happiny (Normal/Fairy)

:: Chansey (Normal/Fairy)

:: Blissey (Normal/Fairy)

:: Togepi (Normal/Fairy)

:: Togetic (Flying/Fairy)

:: Togekiss (Flying/Fairy)

:: Snubull (Normal/Fairy)

:: Granbull (Normal/Fairy)

:: Marill (Water/Fairy)

:: Azumarill (Water/Fairy)

:: Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)

:: Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)

:: Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)

:: Mawile (Steel/Fairy)

:: Ralts (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Kirlia (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Plusle (Electric/Fairy)

:: Minum (Electric/Fairy)

:: Milotic (Water/Fairy)

:: Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)

:: Illumise (Bug/Fairy)

:: Audino (Normal/Fairy)

:: Alomomola (Water/Fairy)

:: Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)

:: Zorua (Dark/Fairy)

:: Zoroark (Dark/Fairy)

:: Sylveon (Fairy)

Legendaries:

:: Manaphy (Water/Fairy)

:: Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Mewtwo XY form (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Xerneas (doubt it...)

Concluding (IMO):
= 43 Pokemon retyped + probably 10 new fairy type Pokemon (like Sylveon and – not sure - Xerneas)

a few i disagree with i don't think zoroark or zorua i think they'll stay pure dark. I also have doubts over minun and plusle and the togepi line(until we see otherwise i'm sticking with the asumption that only single typed pokemon will gain the fairy type.).But otherwise the rest seem plausible.

storm12

Weather Bearer
I bolded the one's i don't think will happen. All the other i could see happening, with Pachirisu i think an Electric/Fairy evo would be quite good for the little fella

I personally feel whimsicott is a prime candidate- being pure Grass currently: it has many Fairy like aspects to it's design, abilities and dex entries- and it would totally learn Fairy wind :p

With speculation that Mawile will gain Fairy type- I suspect Misdreavus' line to get it too- because both are based on similiar Japanese 'Fairy tales' about seemingly normal women/people with strange secrets (a mouth on the back of their head and a head that detaches itself at night to float around and spook people :p)- so with that in mind I think it would be nice, also to allow Misdreavus something to stand out from other Pure Ghost types now- as that distinction it once held (for one generation :p) has been swept away :)

Actually I think I might do a bit of a U-turn on Pachirisu; for Plusle and Minun. Though all three could happen :) that might be nice.

Fairy type is not super-effective against Dark.

Here is my idea. Gardevoir is a Psychic/Fairy type with a decent special attack stat. Hydregion is Dark/Dragon type and it is shown that they are battling at the same level, LV.50. If Gardevoir used Fairy Wind in order to attack the Hyderigon, which has a great special attack, it would have KO'd Hydregion, considering Fairy type is both super effective to Dragon and Dark. However, unlikely, it is seen that after the attack Hydreigon has around 50-55 HP with yellow-orange coloured HP bar. I don't think if a x4 type of attack would leave this amount of HP after it is used. So,

Either Fairy Wind has very low power or Dark is not super effected by Fairy Types.

I think Fairy wind is a straight variation of Silver Wind, which isn't too powerful.

Regality

Digital King
I think Fairy wind is a straight variation of Silver Wind, which isn't too powerful.

But still... 90 power with stab, 2x super effective (possibly 4x), put that with gardevoirs special attack... I would go for maybe 40 power for fairy wind?

storm12

Weather Bearer
But still... 90 power with stab, 2x super effective (possibly 4x), put that with gardevoirs special attack... I would go for maybe 40 power for fairy wind?

Maybe that Gardevoir had it's power dropped or something? Not being contrary mate- but we don't the rest of the effects in play at the time.

It seems it would make sense as a variation- I could even imagine it sharing animations with Silver and Ominous but different colours. It could be a lower base power though- but personally, to me, that would seem a little odd :p I dunno why.

danburite3

That's stretching it a bit, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.