• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloocookies

I think Marill and Jigglypuff are fairies because well Marill has elements of beachballs and water nymphs and Jigglypuff is like a living balloon/pudding which for me says fairy type, I guess I see fairies as living spirits (eg: a balloon brought to life or a beachball brought to life)

Got a good reason why Fairy may hit Dark for SE if anyone is interested.
In the 2nd gameplay trailer that was released, when Gardevoir hits Hydreigon with fairy wind. The sound is different than when Sylveon hits Haxorus, meaning it might be a x4 sound effect, meaning Fairy may hit Dark for SE. . . Give it a listen let me know what you think.

1:15 - 1:28

Ditto24

Got a good reason why Fairy may hit Dark for SE if anyone is interested.
In the 2nd gameplay trailer that was released, when Gardevoir hits Hydreigon with fairy wind. The sound is different than when Sylveon hits Haxorus, meaning it might be a x4 sound effect, meaning Fairy may hit Dark for SE. . . Give it a listen let me know what you think.

1:15 - 1:28

If you're talking about the 'ting' noise, then that's the sound effect of the actual move. Fairy Wind makes that sound, the SE or NVE sound effect is played just after it but it's hard to tell what it is.

If you're talking about the 'ting' noise, then that's the sound effect of the actual move. Fairy Wind makes that sound, the SE or NVE sound effect is played just after it but it's hard to tell what it is.
Not the move itself, the "ting noise" after the hit is complete. But clearly it's not NvE, because it says Super effective afterwards, however, it sounds far different than when Haxorus is hit by "moonblast".

Ditto24

Not the move itself, the "ting noise" after the hit is complete. But clearly it's not NvE, because it says Super effective afterwards, however, it sounds far different than when Haxorus is hit by "moonblast".

The 'ting' is made coz of Fairy Wind. It's still present when Flabebe uses it against Litleo (who is rumoured to resist Fairy).

The 'ting' is made coz of Fairy Wind. It's still present when Flabebe uses it against Litleo (who is rumoured to resist Fairy).
Then you're listening to the wrong thing. There is a sound that sounds like a hit, that is present after every move lands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON7KqgdJYK0
The sound that is heard after Hydreigon gets hit, is nothing like the sounds played after any of the moves shown so far.

Ditto24

Then you're listening to the wrong thing. There is a sound that sounds like a hit, that is present after every move lands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON7KqgdJYK0
The sound that is heard after Hydreigon gets hit, is nothing like the sounds played after any of the moves shown so far.

It sounds the same to me, plus there isn't a 4x sound effect s there? it's just NvE, normal or SE.

It sounds the same to me, plus there isn't a 4x sound effect s there? it's just NvE, normal or SE.

It's not, there's a completely different sound between Hydreigon getting hit with Fairy Wind, and Litleo.
and I don't think there ever was. But, welcome to gen 6, where clearly anything can happen.

Ditto24

It's not, there's a completely different sound between Hydreigon getting hit with Fairy Wind, and Litleo.
and I don't think there ever was. But, welcome to gen 6, where clearly anything can happen.

I meant the same sound between Hydreigon and Hazorus.... it just sounds like they're both SE.

I meant the same sound between Hydreigon and Hazorus.... it just sounds like they're both SE.

Well, I and quite a few other people have to disagree, it sounds quite a bit different.

Ditto24

Well, I and quite a few other people have to disagree, it sounds quite a bit different.

Calm down, I never said that Fairy wasn't SE against Dark, I just said I don't hear a difference in sounds that's all.

Calm down, I never said that Fairy wasn't SE against Dark, I just said I don't hear a difference in sounds that's all.

What made you think I was getting worked up over this? All I said was a few other people disagree with you. I asked for opinions and I'm not gonna get "temperamental" because someone disagrees with me. T_T

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Can we please refrain from such comments regarding the type.

Now, allow me to educate you (in as much as I can bothered since it's morning and I'm having breakfast). Contrary to what Disney have done, Faeries have not been "girly" little beings made for good. Faeries are actually tricksters, demons who trick humans. They're more than just pixies but they include such things as Gargoyles, Grotesques etc.

I mean look at the Fairy-types we have. Which actually look like the "girly" fairy you think

Marill - No
Gardevoir - No
Jigglypuff - No
Xerneas - Hell no
Sylveon - No
Flabébé - As close as we'll get, but no
Spritzee - No
Swirlix - No

So, can we drop this "Fairy is girly" crap? This is why I wanted it to be called "Mystic-type". People are too judgmental
Finally someone who people will actually listen to is saying this! Thank you, I've been saying this for a long time, but no one seems to have read my multiple posts saying this.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
What made you think I was getting worked up over this? All I said was a few other people disagree with you. I asked for opinions and I'm not gonna get "temperamental" because someone disagrees with me. T_T

I'm really hoping for a new revised type chart this next CoroCoro because I'm just raring to find out how the all the other types fair against Fairy in terms of weaknesses and resistances. Hopefully they'll have revised a few of the old types on the chart too (I don't even think I need to mention one of them). And it will finally dispel all of these numerous disputes about Fairy and Dark.

In my opinion, I can't hear anything, and I doubt they'll create more different sounds for 4x and 1/4x effective. Obviously GF used Hydreigon and not Haxorus or Druddigon so it would create speculation like this though. All we know is that Fairy hits Dark for normal damage at least

The fact Dark has only two weaknesses, and one of them in common, is actually, In my opinion, one of, if not the type's best asset, as its hardly the most hard-hitting type in the game. If it were to gain another weakness, they need a way to counterbalance it like introduce stronger dark-moves or make them super-effective against each other, which has been mentioned a few times previously by others.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I'm really hoping for a new revised type chart this next CoroCoro because I'm just raring to find out how the all the other types fair against Fairy in terms of weaknesses and resistances. Hopefully they'll have revised a few of the old types on the chart too (I don't even think I need to mention one of them). And it will finally dispel all of these numerous disputes about Fairy and Dark.

^I am not so sure that this will happen, but I would really like it. I have been needing to remake my team ever since my headliner got a fifth weakness.
I also hope that dark does not get a fairy weakness, but I am prepared just in case it does.

regidude

Frontier Conqueror

In my opinion, I can't hear anything, and I doubt they'll create more different sounds for 4x and 1/4x effective. Obviously GF used Hydreigon and not Haxorus or Druddigon so it would create speculation like this though. All we know is that Fairy hits Dark for normal damage at least

The fact Dark has only two weaknesses, and one of them in common, is actually, In my opinion, one of, if not the type's best asset, as its hardly the most hard-hitting type in the game. If it were to gain another weakness, they need a way to counterbalance it like introduce stronger dark-moves or make them super-effective against each other, which has been mentioned a few times previously by others.

I really want to know fairy-types weaknesses, resistances, etc. But I also think they should fix the existing type chart. Did you ever look at how bad grass type is offensively. 7 types resist grass: bug, fire, grass, dragon, poison, steel and flying! That's the most resistances than any other type. I want game freak to get rid of one of these resistances to grass, and make it regularly effective. Why does grass, bug and poison have to be so nerfed offensively?

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I really want to know fairy-types weaknesses, resistances, etc. But I also think they should fix the existing type chart. Did you ever look at how bad grass type is offensively. 7 types resist grass: bug, fire, grass, dragon, poison, steel and flying! That's the most resistances than any other type. I want game freak to get rid of one of these resistances to grass, and make it regularly effective. Why does grass, bug and poison have to be so nerfed offensively?

I agree about grass type. All its weaknesses and the many types that resist it are the main reasons why I do not really use it.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic

I agree with you there that 7 types resisting grass is a significant problem. However, the trouble is that the types that resist grass all make sense really. Maybe apart from Grass and Flying. Maybe they could scrap that.

Ice needs repairing too. Ice needs to resist Water desperately, and Bug. I also thought it should resist Grass too, but after what you posted, I didn't realise that Grass was resisted by so many types, and so that would be a bad idea. 5 types are also super-effective against grass, furthering their problems, although I doubt anything will change in that sector.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I agree with you there that 7 types resisting grass is a significant problem. However, the trouble is that the types that resist grass all make sense really. Maybe apart from Grass and Flying. Maybe they could scrap that.

Ice needs repairing too. Ice needs to resist Water desperately, and Bug. I also thought it should resist Grass too, but after what you posted, I didn't realise that Grass was resisted by so many types, and so that would be a bad idea. 5 types are also super-effective against grass, furthering their problems, although I doubt anything will change in that sector.

This is also true. Grass and Ice are probably the two most broken types in the game. I mean look at Snover. Poor Snover.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
This is also true. Grass and Ice are probably the two most broken types in the game. I mean look at Snover. Poor Snover.

Haha, yes, I have nothing but sympathy for poor old Snover. Snow Warning is its only redeeming quality in the game. In any other case, people would recognise its shed load of weaknesses (Seven! Seven!), all of which are pretty common which means that basically any Pokemon can hit it for neutral damage, and all but a few for super-effective damage. A shame that.

Status
Not open for further replies.