• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luthor

Now correct me if i'm wrong here but as far as I can see there are no-dual types with primary fairy typing. I find that interesting.

Avi604

Reef Trainer
Now correct me if i'm wrong here but as far as I can see there are no-dual types with primary fairy typing. I find that interesting.

well considering the only new dual type we have is Dedenne and all Pikaclones are electric type so its Not very surprising is it?

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Maybe Fairy could be weak to many of the types that don't have too many type advantages.
Ghost, Poison, Steel, and Normal would be appropriate weaknesses for it.

Luthor

well considering the only new dual type we have is Dedenne and all Pikaclones are electric type so its Not very surprising is it?

Not the most surprising. But interesting nether the less. I'm just wondering if there will be any all.

thetamale

Not the most surprising. But interesting nether the less. I'm just wondering if there will be any all.

I predict Togetic and Togekiss to become Fairy/Flying. They seem like such good fits but so far the only revisions have been mono-types.

PokemonXY

#PokemonXY
I think that now the Klink line is the only pure steel type. (Non-legendary)

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm expecting the Togepi line to become Fairy-Types, Togepi being Fairy or Fairy/Normal because that's a thing now, and Togetic/Kiss to be Fairy/Flying.

MegaMawile is gonna be fun with Draining Kiss.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
It's just that Chespin doesn't seem very 'Dark' like, it's curious like a regular little boy, and all other Pokemon that evolve into Dark-Type, except Eevee, who is excuses because it was gonna evolve into a Dark-Type regardless of how it acts, seem malicious or prankster-ish, while Chespin doesn't. Plus, I think Fennekin might be Fairy-Type because of this:

Okay guys! I've got a theory!

These 14 names from Pokexperto, right?

They included Horubii and Deddene, both have been revealed.

One name was Mafokushii.

Fokushii is what Foxy is translated to in Japanese if a word is before it. In this case, 'Ma'.

Now, we've already got a fox. Fennekin. So common sense would make us think a Fennekin evo, right?

Where does 'Ma' come from?

The only fiery word I can find that matches with this is Maguma, Magma.

However, 'Ma' matches up to Maho, magic, and Majikku, Magic, with a capital letter.

In French and English, which seem to be the only languages along with Japanese to influence names this gen, both of these words keep 'Ma'.

Now, most people would see Magic and think Psychic, right?

Because of Abra?

Look at Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam though. We've never seen them use traditional Magic, just Psychic powers, like spoon bending and disappearing. We know they are based off of Spoon Benders and Stage Magicians, not wizards or sorcerers.

However, let's look at Fairy-Type.

If we look past the cutesy and majestic, we see Magic.

Fairies are well known for using magic, for good, for bad, or for fun.

Sylveon's names come from Sylph, or Sylvan, Nymph and Fairy. All magical creatures. Also, foxes and cats are popular creatures in folk lore.

Deers are often seen in folklore, and we got Xerneas.

Gardevoir seems like a sorceress.

Xerneas' signature move, Geomancy, matches well with magic, Mancy meaning Divination.

Fairy-Types learn Moon Blast, and the moon is very often connected to Magic.

So it seems likely Mafokushii is Fire-Type and/or Fairy-Type. And possibly a Fennekin evo.

Or I might be wrong and it means something else

May I remind you guys that we don't know if Psychic is TM, Tutor, Level Up or Egg Move.

Keeping in mind many non-Psychic-Types learn it.

Fairy goes well with foxes, they are mystical animals.

Just hope Fennekin's final evo isn't a Kitsune.

This also goes well with the whole promoting Fairy shizz.

Isn't it odd it's getting way more attention then Dark and Steel?

I like how all the Fairies are varied, yet fit together.

Seedot didn't seem very Dark to me when I caught it in Sapphire. It was only when it evolved into Nuzleaf that I started to get the vibes. This could be the same for Chespin's middle-stage.

Luthor

1 Thing that i'm hoping for from the fairy type is to help pokemon out that have very limited type coverage. Also I'd be glad to see fairy type moves used in place of hidden power in certain cases.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Seedot didn't seem very Dark to me when I caught it in Sapphire. It was only when it evolved into Nuzleaf that I started to get the vibes. This could be the same for Chespin's middle-stage.

Seedot looks exactly like an acorn when it is dangling from a tree branch. It startles other Pokémon by suddenly moving. This Pokémon polishes its body once a day using leaves.

Seedot is mischievous on purpose, unlike the curious Chespin.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
What is making me laugh about this thread is that all the weknesses for fairy people seem to be listing are resisted by Mawile ...... so it gets a fairy boost without any drawbacks? I'm fine with that ahahahhaha

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
What is making me laugh about this thread is that all the weknesses for fairy people seem to be listing are resisted by Mawile ...... so it gets a fairy boost without any drawbacks? I'm fine with that ahahahhaha

Mawile would be walled by Fire if indeed Fire is resistant to Fairy.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'd imagine that most Mawiles will be running Sucker Punch in place of a Steel STAB, which make them walled by basically just Heatran.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
yes but those were still problems for mawile before so basically it doesn't do anything to harm it in the long run it just deals with the same problems it had before is what i meant by no drawbacks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.