• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm12

Weather Bearer
So, what do you think will be name of Arceus' plate for Fairy-type? Or any possible items that could be associate with Fairies?

I think something like Fey plate or Sprite plate? That seems how the others are roughly done- with a semantically linked word. I think the boosting Fairy item could be something like Fairy Dust- cliche yes, but they could still do it haha :p

That's stretching it a bit, don't you think?

Maybe a bit yeah :p I'm not going to lie, I am clutching at straws there- but that makes sense to me at least- Marill being more 'spirit' like than other water types. maybe not though.

I personally think that both Ralts and Kirlia stay Psychic, with just Gardevoir having Fairy

Same :) It wouldn't have such a big impact on the family as a whole- and it would have Gardevoir as nice counterpart to Gallade. (I know they already are, but then they'd both hold a second type but evolve from pure types)

Last edited:

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
I think these are the pokemon that may have a chance to get a fairy type

Gen One: Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Mr.Mime, Chansey (Maybe)
Gen Two: Igglypuff, Cleffa, Marill, Azumarill, Blissey (Mayyyybe)
Gen Three: Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Chimecho, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Swablu (Fairy/Flying), Altaria (Fairy/Dragon)
Gen Four: Chingling, Mime. Jr
Gen Five: Audino, Miccino, Cinccino

I'd love to see Cherubi and Cherrim get retyped, but I don't see it possible. As for the legendaries, I don't think any of the current legendaries, namely Celebi and Victini, are going to get retyped. But we'll have to see.

Anyways, with my list, they'll only have to retype 11 evolution lines. How Mawile can be considered fairy is beyond me though.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
I agree with pretty much everything Oceanic Lantern said, though maybe Plusle and Minun might get the fairy type too, even if just to make them less like Pikachu.

Regality

Digital King
I think these are the pokemon that may have a chance to get a fairy type

Gen One: Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Mr.Mime, Chansey (Maybe)
Gen Two: Igglypuff, Cleffa, Marill, Azumarill, Blissey (Mayyyybe)
Gen Three: Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Chimecho, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Swablu (Fairy/Flying), Altaria (Fairy/Dragon)
Gen Four: Chingling, Mime. Jr
Gen Five: Audino, Miccino, Cinccino

I'd love to see Cherubi and Cherrim get retyped, but I don't see it possible. As for the legendaries, I don't think any of the current legendaries, namely Celebi and Victini, are going to get retyped. But we'll have to see.

Anyways, with my list, they'll only have to retype 11 evolution lines. How Mawile can be considered fairy is beyond me though.

In bold are the ones I think not..

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Then Altaria wouldn't be able to participate in sky battles. :S

Good point. Scratch that.

Anyways, i'm going to do an inb4 for a Fairy type Quiver Dance... named...

FAIRY DANCE!

Also, how does Chingling and Chimecho not look Fairy to you? Tey look more fairy-ish than Mawile at the very least.

Kingudora

My favourite
I was certainly surprised with the pokemon they chose to demonstrate the fairy type other than Sylveon. The most pleasant surprise for me is the fact that Gardevoir is now part-Fairy, which I hoped it would be but was afraid it would be unlikely. The biggest surprise is that Marill got the part-Fairy typing, something I didn't expect at all. Of all the pokemon in the Fairy egg group, Marill is one of the pokemon with fewest obvious connections to fairies (along with Pikachu & Shroomish), so I believed it would stay pure Water. I also wonder if Azurill will get Normal/Fairy. Having that said, I hope Marill can learn some strong physical Fairy moves, to go along with the ability Huge Power.

It's also kinda surprising that Clefairy wasn't among these first four Fairy-type pokemon. It should be one of the most obvious candidates for a Fairy-type addition.

The one I personally hope most for to get the Fairy type is Milotic. I also hope that GF won't shy away from retconning typings of certain legendaries. In the case of Celebi and Victini, changing their Psychic-type to Fairy-type. Fairy-type would be more fitting based on both their appearances and their abilities than the Psychic-type ever was.

Regality

Digital King
BMjw7dFCAAAsBYJ.jpg:large

Fairy type confirmed a cutesy type.

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
I hope we get a fighting Fairy a Ghost Fairy and a Dark Fairy. We have a Water Fairy already.

if any current Dark or Ghost types become dark fairy ghost fairy. I would still want a new Pokémon of that type combination.

Erchamion

To draw a parallel to other rpgs the fairy type seems ascociated more with arcane or c osmic forces (ie external forces) differentiating it to psyschic ie psionics that is inherent "power of the mind"
Also explains the effectivness against dragons as enchanted "fairy magic " weaponry is often part of how the dragon is defwated like Siegfried slaying Fafner with a sword made from a meteor (cosmiic power)

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
To draw a parallel to other rpgs the fairy type seems ascociated more with arcane or c osmic forces (ie external forces) differentiating it to psyschic ie psionics that is inherent "power of the mind"
Also explains the effectivness against dragons as enchanted "fairy magic " weaponry is often part of how the dragon is defwated like Siegfried slaying Fafner with a sword made from a meteor (cosmiic power)

Hmmm this is interesting, and the cosmic association fits in with the moon-based attack that Sylveon gets. It does make me wonder why Marill is part-Fairy though (beyond it just being in the Fairy Egg Group) since there doesn't seem to be anything arcane/cosmic about it :s

Regality

Digital King
Hmmm this is interesting, and the cosmic association fits in with the moon-based attack that Sylveon gets. It does make me wonder why Marill is part-Fairy though (beyond it just being in the Fairy Egg Group) since there doesn't seem to be anything arcane/cosmic about it :s

You forgetting that we already have 4 moon pokemon? I highly doubt the moon will become an image for fairy pokemon..

Last edited:

Talonflame

Hatching Eggs
I'd love it if Zorua was a Fairy type, and it would be interesting if the new Newtwo/Mewthree would also be Fairy type.

Although, to be perfectly honest I'd have thought they would do Light rather than Fairy, I'm hoping they aren't just going to shove all the 'girly' Pokemon in that type.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
You forgetting that we already have 4 moon pokemon? I highly doubt the moon will become an image for fairy pokemon..

No, I'm just saying that it's possible that the Fairy-type might have an association with cosmic forces given Sylveon's attack and what Erchamion said. That doesn't mean that every Pokemon/attack that has to do with the moon has to become a Fairy-type though.

ECM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall some article saying that Sylveon is supposed to be weak against ice type attacks? If Sylveon is a pure fairy type Pokémon (which is most likely true) then that would make the fairy type weak to ice. But it's been a while since I've heard the article, maybe I'm misunderstanding.

As for past Pokémon, I'm happy with the choices they've made so far. I was surprised with Marill, but it was a nice surprise. It makes Marill more interesting. Jigglypuff is fine, but if they changed Jigglypuff, I really hope they changed Clefairy and Clefable too. Otherwise it will forever make no sense to me how Jigglypuff is a fairy and Clefairy isn't. I'm glad they went ahead and changed some typings. I was worried that they wouldn't.

Phoenixfatih

I hope Fairy type's association with moon doesn't go beyond the move Moonblast. I don't want Umberon's Moon concept to be spoiled with Sylveon.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Fairy-Type.. I like it. But I don't like how it is better than Dragons. it should be something like an oposite to the Dark-Type.
And I would guess most of the Pokemon from the Fairy egg-group will gain it as a secondary type. Like Jigglypuff and Marill did.

Status
Not open for further replies.