• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man if Milotic actually gets the fairy type I'll be stoked. I'll know for sure what water type I'll go with. And if that's the case I'll know I'll be grabbing Venusaur.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
In a way I'm kind of bummed that florges isn't a Grass type, but in the upside that kind of saves her.. No 4xweakness to bug....
But now I kind of wish she was a bug type, she would have been a perfect counter to Garchomp. Oh we'll... I'm fine with her being pure fairy so long as she still has access to moves like leech seed or giga drain.

Rakurai

Decent, but I see the 90% accuracy as potentially being very annoying (Considering how many times I've KO'd myself with Hi Jump Kick).

Wonder if Moonblast and that are the best the Fairy type has to offer movewise.

BBtheASH

Fairy resists bug...

Oops.... I knew that... Don't know what I was thinking.lol...
Either way, a lot less weaknesses to think about, like fire.. And flying...
I think I meant 4x weakness to poison lol.

swedefish

Grass Trainer
I haven't seen this answered anywhere online so thought I'd try here:

Do we know more about Flower Veil, i.e. Florges' ability? Does it only work in double/tripple battles or does it work in single battles as well as long as Florges is on the team? I guess the latter would just be too good to be true for a grass trainer such as myself.

-Nator-

I feel as if the fairy type is too similar to the psychic type, and i don't want all pokemon in the fairy egg group to get retro typed to fairy

Fairy is based on magic, whereas Psychic is based on the intellect.

Think of it this way:

Fairy: Spiritual
Psychic: Scientific

Sephora

yes I'm back
Fairy is based on magic, whereas Psychic is based on the intellect.

Think of it this way:

Fairy: Spiritual
Psychic: Scientific

I wouldn't really call psychic scientific though. if anything, psychic is spiritual. In fact, the word "psychic" is defined as spiritual in the dictionary. And psychic is magical just as much as fairy is. I would look at it more like:

Psychic: Spiritual
Fairy: Mythical

Psychic is more mental and spiritual and fairy would be more romantic/dreamy and mythical. i hope you understand what I mean ^-^

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I wouldn't really call psychic scientific though. if anything, psychic is spiritual. In fact, the word "psychic" is defined as spiritual in the dictionary. And psychic is magical just as much as fairy is. I would look at it more like:

Psychic: Spiritual
Fairy: Mythical

Psychic is more mental and spiritual and fairy would be more romantic/dreamy and mythical. i hope you understand what I mean ^-^
When I hear "spiritual", I think of church and enlightenment through a higher power stuff like that which doesn't really seem like Psychic to me (it may just be me, though). I think a more accurate comparison would be:
Psychic: Psionics
Fairy: Witchcraft

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
When I hear "spiritual", I think of church and enlightenment through a higher power stuff like that which doesn't really seem like Psychic to me (it may just be me, though). I think a more accurate comparison would be:
Psychic: Psionics
Fairy: Witchcraft

This, more than any of the arguments presented before.
I've come to see Fairy as more of a Magical concept.
The other main themes sound like they fit for the following types.
Mythical: Dragon
Spiritual: Ghost
Scientific: Poison and Steel

Or perhaps they don't follow at all :/

BBtheASH

I haven't seen this answered anywhere online so thought I'd try here:

Do we know more about Flower Veil, i.e. Florges' ability? Does it only work in double/tripple battles or does it work in single battles as well as long as Florges is on the team? I guess the latter would just be too good to be true for a grass trainer such as myself.

It's only active when the pokemon is on the field.
So all in all not that great of an ability seeing as I could only see this being abused with Curse, Shell Smash, or Leaf Storm.... And ONLY by grass types..
IMO, if your going to have an ability that supports your teammates, like Friend Guard or Flower's Gift, then it shouldn't be exclusive to a singular type. Plus with fairies being weak to Poison, and not knowing how common it'll be preferred over steel, I don't think I'd even want to pair her with a Pokemon that is also weak to poison - I also hate Ferrothorn so I wouldn't be using him either....
Anywho, Hopefully she has a better hidden ability.

Sephora

yes I'm back
This is probably not going to happen, but I wish Altaria becomes part Fairy/Dragon. Again wishful thinking *sigh* Plus that would be a formidable combo!

Sephora

yes I'm back
Was Sylveon's evolution method ever leaked?

Yes. You raise it's stats in Pokemon Amie and feed it cake and stuff. Cute, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.