1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Serebii, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexametaphosphate

Hexametaphosphate Well-Known Member

So just to be sure, all the currently known Fairies are:
    Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Togepi, Snubbull, Granbull, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Sylveon, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Xerneas -> Pure fairy
    Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Azurill -> Normal/Fairy
    Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir -> Psychic/Fairy
    Togetic, Togekiss -> Fairy/Flying
    Marill, Azumarill -> Water/Fairy
    Mawile, Klefki -> Steel/Fairy
    Whimsicott -> Grass/Fairy
    Dedenne -> Electric/Fairy
    Carbink -> Rock/Fairy

Did I miss any?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Arcticwolf10

Arcticwolf10 Well-Known Member

Feebas isn't in the Kalos Dex

3. Well yeah I know that, but the majority of people here have gotten the game way earlier than me. Possible some one might be willing to trade me one. Since I won't beat the game so early it's still plausible to get it before I beat it.

4. 13_luckynumber

13_luckynumber Well-Known Member

Has there been any news on Arceus Fairy Plate (or as I called it, Pixie Plate)?

5. BBtheASH

BBtheASH A Fairy Specialized Trainer

But you'd have to wait till December 27th, till you can trade a feebas over - seeing as the only way to get pokemon that are outside of the region would be via poke transfer/poke bank which isn't an option until December.

6. So even with the National Dex there isn't a possibility of Pokemon outside of the Kalos Pokedex showing up? I haven't heard of what Pokemon that are catchable after post game.

7. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Well, there's the Friend Safari too. Serebii says some non-Kalos Dex Pokémon pop up there, so who knows? If you're lucky.

8. BBtheASH

BBtheASH A Fairy Specialized Trainer

As Vermont stated, the Friend Safari would be your best shot at getting a Feebas...but idk if that's post game or not.

9. Citizen Insane

Citizen Insane Eh, life is a game.

I'll put my money on it being post game.

10. Yeah it's post game from what I read. Won't kill me to not have it until post game, I didn't have my true team in White 2 until I beat the E4. Then I went back and destroyed them for round two lol.

11. PokeAJ

PokeAJ Well-Known Member

I hope GF is smart enough to realize how incredibly unbalanced and unfair Blissey would become as a Fairy. It already borders on that as it is.

12. PokeAJ

PokeAJ Well-Known Member

If there's at least 2 more fairy types we don't yet know about then it will pass Ghost and won't be the least common type.

13. 0danmaster0

0danmaster0 Well-Known Member

have audino or blissey family been confirmed retyped yet?

14. ReddShope

ReddShope Arc Lord

With the fairy type coming into the fray, I was thinking this was a great opportunity, especially with the mix-up of current type match-ups, for GF to make normal type super-effective against something. I like the fact that they finally gave poison something besides grass that it is super-effective against, but normal type is still ridiculously weak offensively in most cases. That being said, some of the new abilities that change normal type attacks to other types that get STAB are going to be awesome, imo. However this only applies to pokemon that weren't normal typed already.

15. Gizmoa

Gizmoa Well-Known Member

Milotic is based on Cher, the singer, along with syrins and to a lesser extent oarfish and eels... I'm surprised that only the syrin link has been mentioned.

16. Commander L. Halsti

Commander L. Halsti Toxin Squad Cmdr.

I am very surprised that Altaria has not received a retyping to be Flying/Fairy. It has little to do with Dragon type, but a lot with the Fairy type. The melodical voice, craceful behavior, the cloudy wings...

17. Belleflora

Belleflora Well-Known Member

It's based on a Peng, a bird with dragon features or a dragon with bird features, depending on the version or interpretation.

18. Commander L. Halsti

Commander L. Halsti Toxin Squad Cmdr.

I was under the impression that Altaria was inspired by swans and maybe peacocks.

19. Blackjack the Titan

Blackjack the Titan Gay Yveltal

Correct, it doesn't need Fairy. Dragon fits it well already.

Lilligant been confirmed for Fairy yet?

20. snivysson

snivysson Member

dont know if this has been posted but my espurr just got to
    level 22 and learned a new fairy type move

disarming voice
    never misses power 40 pp 15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.