• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_Tyrell

..were dragons even all that overpowered?

Also ghosts only have two weaknesses, one being themselves.

I think the whole point of dragons overpowerness comes from all the type resistance it haves, including all the elements without ice. Also them being able to do normal damage to all other types besides steel.

FusionKT

*cough*
It's also supposedly strong to dark and fighting as well.

Still isn't broken. Plenty of types are super-effective against three other types.

It's extremely unlikely that another type can have those exact weaknesses.

And? I'm sure Fairy type will have weakness', and dragon types will just start to carry these weakness' in their movesets.

Regality

Digital King
I'm very happy about the Fairy type, it evens out the types and brings some much needed balance to Dragons. I hope they are weak to poison and steel so those types get a bit of a boost. As far as Pokemon I think should get fairy as a typing

Gen I: Clefairy, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Chansey
Gen II: Togetic, Snubull, Granbull, Misdreavus, Dunsparce, Blissey, Azumarill
Gen III: Mawile, Loudred, Exploud, Illumise
Gen IV: Cherrim, Pachirisu, Mismagius, Togekiss
Gen V: Lilligant, Whimsicott, Munna, Misharna

exploud.jpg

Can you really say, with a straight face, that that is a fairy?

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Trolls, Goblins, and Gnomes are considered "Faeries" in certain lore. I also think it would kill this "fairies are just small cute things" mentality I keep seeing.

Bus

I would have thought Fairy would have been explained more in the Q & A. I suppose the next smash might enlighten us more.

Regality

Digital King
I reckon Gamefreak just do not know what a fairy is...

LizardonX

Banned
Still isn't broken. Plenty of types are super-effective against three other types.

And? I'm sure Fairy type will have weakness', and dragon types will just start to carry these weakness' in their movesets.

Dragon, Dark, and Fighting are a world away from grass, bug and poison for example.

Ice moves are everywhere as well as rock for the fliers. Still doesn't dimish dragons.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Id like to see some of the mythological fairies... those guys are definitely not things you could call girly... I mean changelings,Goblins, trolls, kelpsies, banshees well all fairies... the fairies of old-usually indifferent to mortals or abuse them for their entertainment/ow reasons (example changelings replacing human babies with their own(no one knows what happens to the human child)) (though they probably will be going more with the Disney version though some more legendary fairies would make sense(especially if they are to be effective against dragons...). So far I don't have any problem with the fairy type recons (all of them could pass for a fey) but I hope Ralts and Kirlia are both pure psychic though...

Depending on how they handle it I can see multiple possibilities for the type
mischievous/malevolent spirits(unlikely but this is what most Fairies of old were maybe some will have a hint of this)
elemental/nature spirits(can easily see this probably would be dual typed)
"modern fairy"(probably going to happen

The flower of old if done right could have some resemblance to a more benevolent version of a nature spirit but over all it is a wait and see...

FlyAsADunsparce

I'm very happy about the Fairy type, it evens out the types and brings some much needed balance to Dragons. I hope they are weak to poison and steel so those types get a bit of a boost. As far as Pokemon I think should get fairy as a typing

Gen I: Clefairy, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Chansey
Gen II: Togetic, Snubull, Granbull, Misdreavus, Dunsparce, Blissey, Azumarill, Cleffa, Togepi, Igglybuff, Bellosom
Gen III: Mawile, Illumise, Volbeat, Azurill, Chimecho, Castform, Glalie
Gen IV: Cherrim, , Mismagius, Togekiss , Happiny, Lumineon
Gen V: Lilligant, Whimsicott, Gothitelle, Audino, Alomomola

As for legendaries, I think they might replace Psychic with Fairy with these ones: Jirachi, Celebi, Victini, Meloetta.

And these could just gain a secondary Fairy type: Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Phione, Manaphy.

I removed some and added the bolded ones.

FusionKT

*cough*
Dragon, Dark, and Fighting are a world away from grass, bug and poison for example.

But we don't even know that Fairy's super-effective to Dark and Fighting. Dragon could be the only thing it's super-effective to for all we know.

Ice moves are everywhere as well as rock for the fliers. Still doesn't dimish dragons.

Which is why they're adding a Fairy type.

The Exalt

Original
I see Togepi getting a split evolution. I think the split evolution would be either Normal/Fairy or Fairy/Flying.

JW1004

Bellosom having Fairy as secondary type would make sense, especially if Fairy could be weak against Poison

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Hoping we get more new Fairy types rather than lots of re-types but i guess this is GF's only chance to reclassify old Pokemon so they may go all out

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
Why are we pretending we don't know Fairy weaknesses since it leaked 4 months ago?

Assuming the Fairy type (and a lot else) in the same leak was confirmed, shouldn't we take the type chart as basically confirmed as well?

And what the leak said was: "Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it."

The Exalt

Original
Bellosom having Fairy as secondary type would make sense, especially if Fairy could be weak against Poison

I agree with that. I think The Clefable family will definitely become Fairy type. Maybe Ampharos will become a Fairy type. That is probably a stretch, but it is possible.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Why are we pretending we don't know Fairy weaknesses since it leaked 4 months ago?

Assuming the Fairy type (and a lot else) in the same leak was confirmed, shouldn't we take the type chart as basically confirmed as well?

And what the leak said was: "Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it."

It was made well know thats part of the rumor were made up to cover the leaker so it's still has to be taken with a grain of salt. Plus nothing is final until we have confirmation

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I reckon Gamefreak just do not know what a fairy is...

Altaria doesn't look like a dragon and is a dragon type, Garchomp is a freaking landshark and is a dragon type.

I kinda wish Exploud got a boosdt, wishmur is Jiggs like, I like exploud a lot him and Bannet(like I told you yesterday) are porbably in my top 5 of gen 3 so if they can be improved go ahead Gamefreak.

As for legendaries, I think they might replace Psychic with Fairy with these ones: Jirachi, Celebi, Victini, Meloetta.

And these could just gain a secondary Fairy type: Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Phione, Manaphy.

I removed some and added the bolded ones.

Not sure about the first onces because they would have to drop a type but the Sinnoh pixies , Phino and Manaphy yeah I'm expecting them to get Fairy added.

Last edited:

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I don't think Steel needs an offensive boost. It already resists more than half the types.

Status
Not open for further replies.