• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
In order to focus this particular pertinent piece of Pokémon news, I have opened this thread for sole discussion of the new 18th type, the Fairy-type

Known Pokémon

sylveon.png

Sylveon - Fairy-type

flabebe.png

Flabébé - Fairy-type

39.png

Jigglypuff- Normal/Fairy-type

183.png

Marill- Water/Fairy-type

282.png

Gardevoir - Psychic/Fairy-type

Discuss it all here, type effectiveness, Pokémon you wish to have and so forth

JW1004

I would like Volbeat and Illumise to both gain the type, I hope they will hold back a bit with more retypes of Pokémon like Marill though. The retyping makes only sense to me because of the egg group but other than that, not really.

Underachiever007

I don't know if this actually contributes to any discussion, but it'd be pretty cool if the regional pseudo-legendary were a Fairy-type. Kind of like how we got Tyranitar in Gen II.

To be honest, I could see most - if not all - of the Pokémon in the Fairy egg group to be retyped into Fairy (or rather gaining the Fairy-type), especially the Normal-types. Others that I could see are Misdreavus/Mismagius and the pixies to name a few.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I was thinking that Fairy could resist Psychic or vice-versa and weak to Dark.
I want also to see Castform as part Fairy-type since it is in the Fairy Egg Group. (I'm not saying that it is because of that. :D ) Water/Fairy, Ice/Fairy, Fire/Fairy when transformed, how cool a perfect Pokemon to be a weather fairy. (How about Rock/Fairy in Sandstorm?) So much excited.
I'm also glad that Marill got a boost as well as Gardevoir and Jigglypuff.

JW1004

I don't know if this actually contributes to any discussion, but it'd be pretty cool if the regional pseudo-legendary were a Fairy-type. Kind of like how we got Tyranitar in Gen II.

That would be nice. I wonder when we will see the first Dragon/Fairt, I don't think it will be this Gen sadly, but I would like to be suprised

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As long as Pikachu does not become a fairy type, but if I had to pick I'd say Snorunt and Glalie, not because it would have great coverage against Dragon types, but because Snorunt can fit the Fairy category & having Glalie as a Fairy type will shut the "Fairy types are too girly" haters up

Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
I was thinking that Fairy could resist Psychic or vice-versa and weak to Dark.
I want also to see Castform as part Fairy-type since it is in the Fairy Egg Group. (I'm not saying that it is because of that. :D ) Water/Fairy, Ice/Fairy, Fire/Fairy when transformed, how cool a perfect Pokemon to be a weather fairy. (How about Rock/Fairy in Sandstorm?) So much excited.
I'm also glad that Marill got a boost as well as Gardevoir and Jigglypuff.

Fairy is either 2x effective against Dark or it's neutral. We know this because in the trailer Gardevoir uses Fairy Wind on Hydriegon and it's Supereffective so if dark resisted fairy the attack would of been neutral

I'm thinking that the Clefairy line, Chansey line, Audino, Togepi line, Snubbull line, the Sinnho Pixies and Plusle and Minun could all possibly get retyped. If GF think any of the older Pokemon need Fairy type then this is their only chance to retype

Love the idea, although Dragon lovers are gonna hate

danburite3

I'm still not seeing how any of the announced Fairy Pokemon are even remotely fairy-like.

Jiggypuff and Marill aren't Tinkerbell-type fairies, of course, but they also don't resemble any kind of fairy-like legendary creature I've ever heard of. They're just adorable spheres that evolve into rabbits. But then again, the Fairy Egg Group isn't exactly fairy-like either, so I guess Game Freak probably isn't going to lean too heavily on typical-looking fairies.

Regality

Digital King
Well I dont think any legendaries will be retyped.. or anything with two types already.
Clefairy is a definite fairy type..
I just hope they are not retyping all all cute pokemon to part fairy, which appears to be what they have done with marill. (Fairy egg group is not really a valid argument, not everything in dragon egg group is a dragon type)

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Well I dont think any legendaries will be retyped.. or anything with two types already.
Clefairy is a definite fairy type..
I just hope they are not retyping all all cute pokemon to part fairy, which appears to be what they have done with marill. (Fairy egg group is not really a valid argument, not everything in dragon egg group is a dragon type)

Not even the Sinnoh pixies. There are fairies in design

B-Rabbit

Abyssal
Honestly (and ive been waiting for this topic)
I am really not a fan of this new type. At All.
What next ? Spellcaster? Warrior?

But with regards to the topic i do believe a hell of a lot will be gaining this type
For example Ralts and its Chain.
Togepi, Igglybuff, Cleffa's Chain
Skitty and Delcatty
Some legendaries most likely would recieve the title too. Like Celebi,Jirachi and Victini

sheol

I guess my only wish is for Togepi to get the Fairy type.

Well this and making ice to resist Fairy (to make it if ever so slightly better defensively) or be SE against it just because I love Ice type and I want it to get better, tho this is a very stupid reason.

Regality

Digital King
Not even the Sinnoh pixies. There are fairies in design

I am just a bit hesitant that they would change legendaries in any way...

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Honestly (and ive been waiting for this topic)
I am really not a fan of this new type. At All.
What next ? Spellcaster? Warrior?

But with regards to the topic i do believe a hell of a lot will be gaining this type
For example Ralts and its Chain.
Togepi, Igglybuff, Cleffa's Chain
Skitty and Delcatty
Some legendaries most likely would recieve the title too. Like Celebi,Jirachi and Victini

My guess would be that Fairy will be either the last type inroduced or another won't be introduced for a long long time

I am just a bit hesitant that they would change legendaries in any way...

I understand the hesitance. I think the pixies are the only one who fit into the fairy mold when it comes to Ledendaries imo and due to the not having a second type it would be easy to implement. I just hope Xerneas doesn't get Fairy typing if i'm honest because i think it Going to be Steel/Ice or something

Last edited:

Jorge565

Magikarp
I wonder if fairy will be a defensive type like most steel and rock type Pokemon our mainly offensive like dragon and electric and, if it's offensive what kind will most moves be either physical or, special,probably special

JW1004

My guess would be that Fairy will be either the last type inroduced or another won't be introduced for a long long time

I understand the hesitance. I think the pixies are the only one who fit into the fairy mold when it comes to Ledendaries imo and due to the not having a second type it would be easy to implement. I just hope Xerneas doesn't get Fairy typing if i'm honest because i think it Going to be Steel/Ice or something

I think the same

Regality

Digital King

Yeah, Fairy type would fit them.. We shall see!
But me too, if Xerneas gets fairy type.. I just don't know. I am personally going for Grass/Ground..

Cutty

Forever now
If Clefairy is not retyped into Fairy Im gonna laugh hard... It could be Clefable...

Other old pokemon that would possibly be Fairy... Mawile, Banette n Jynx or Mr Mime...

Im hoping more new fresh Fairy pokemon though...

Status
Not open for further replies.