• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionKT

*cough*
Fairy as of now seems to be a broken type constrained by not so broken Pokemon.

How do you know that fairy's broken if you only know that it's super-effective against dragon?

jwla

Am I alone in thinking that maybe Gardevoir is the only one of it's line to gain the Fairy-type. Much they way Kirlia gains Fighting-type on evolution to Gallade?

Beloberto

Bug Catcher
I am pretty sure not a single pokémon will have their types changed to fairy.

Just like it happened to Magnemite/Magneton and now with Gardevoir, Marill and Jigglypuff, Fairy type will be added to the typings of already existing pokémons.

So, Gardevoir was psychic, it became psychic AND fairy. Gallade is psychic and fighting, two types already, so there isn't a chance he will be a fairy.

Clefairy is normal? Then it will become normal AND fairy, not just fairy.

Single Fairy types will be exclusive to the new generations, that's what I think. (Although I find weird to think of Togetic and Togekiss not being fairy - as they already are normal/flying)

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
Speculating other pokemon that will become fairy type...

Clefairy line
Wigglytuff
Mr Mime line?
Maybe the Togepi line changes to Fairy and Fairy/Flying?
Politoed
Sunflora line
Misdreavus line
Snubbull line
Miltank
Kirlia
Mawile
Plusle and Minun
Volbeat and Illumise
Milotic
I would LOVE TO SEE ABSOL lol
Lumineon
Whimsicott and Lilligant
Gothitelle Line
Vanilluxe Line

As I say, only speculation :) But I can see a couple of these becoming true...

The Flash

I like shorts!
And then, the fearsome Garchomp finally fell after Marill used Fairy Wind.

It was horrific, Garchomp was covered in swirling glitter until no Pokemon could take him seriously anymore.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
it fell after a Huge Power Ice Punch

You ninja'd me i was about to say the same thing :( Until we know the full story with Fairy type, they said in the QnA yesterday Fairy isn't a way to make Dragon weaker, it's a new way to deal with them and balance out the type chart

Exactly. The only reason ice isn't more broken was that it had fatal Fighting and fire and especially rock weaks. Fairy doesn't have that,

But it will have weaknesses we just don't know them yet

gpt11

Exactly. The only reason ice isn't more broken was that it had fatal Fighting and fire and especially rock weaks. Fairy doesn't have that,

that we know off...

so far all we know is its strong against dragon

Dragon only had 2 weakness's Ice and Dragon now it has 3 weakness's

We no nothing more about fairy but everything has a weakness most are thinking it will be poison and Steel for obvious reasons

LizardonX

Banned
Being super-effective to dragon doesn't make it a broken type. If nothing was super effective to dragon then dragon would be broken.

And you know this how?

It's also supposedly strong to dark and fighting as well.

It's extremely unlikely that another type can have those exact weaknesses.

Regality

Digital King
..were dragons even all that overpowered?

Also ghosts only have two weaknesses, one being themselves.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I'm very happy about the Fairy type, it evens out the types and brings some much needed balance to Dragons. I hope they are weak to poison and steel so those types get a bit of a boost. As far as Pokemon I think should get fairy as a typing

Gen I: Clefairy, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Chansey
Gen II: Togetic, Snubull, Granbull, Misdreavus, Dunsparce, Blissey, Azumarill
Gen III: Mawile, Loudred, Exploud, Illumise
Gen IV: Cherrim, Pachirisu, Mismagius, Togekiss
Gen V: Lilligant, Whimsicott, Munna, Misharna

mtie123

Johto's Hero
It's also supposedly strong to dark and fighting as well.

It's extremely unlikely that another type can have those exact weaknesses.

Unless Fairy Wind has like a tiny base power of 30 or 40 i really don't think personally Fairy will be Super effective against Dark

..were dragons even all that overpowered?

Also ghosts only have two weaknesses, one being themselves.

Just look at what Dragon resists and that shows it is a little Overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.