• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
I think it would be cool if they utilized the moon stone. Hasn't been used for an evee before and I think it would be a fitting stone for some other fairy evolving as well.

Umbreon ain't happy.. Then again Leafeon and Espeon ditched the much befitting Leaf and Sun stones.. But I still don't think it'll use moon stone as Umbreon somewhat represent the moon..

Mystic Flygon

Moon stone? Then we should have been able to evolve eevee into sylveon since Gen 1! Other methods seem cooler ;) like bonding for example.

Same can be said about Piloswine and lickitung, just do what I do, imagine your pokemon doesn't want to evolve during the time it's in older games, and it changes it's mind in the newer ones

Shiny Arcanine Trainer

I think it would be cool if they utilized the moon stone. Hasn't been used for an evee before and I think it would be a fitting stone for some other fairy evolving as well.

Of course! How could I forget? Yeah it would make sense for it to be a Moon Stone, but maybe you could only use the stone on Eevee in a particular cave so as to explain why using a Moon Stone on a Eevee before didn't work.

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
Moon stone? Then we should have been able to evolve eevee into sylveon since Gen 1! Other methods seem cooler ;) like bonding for example.

That can always be said but I don't think that is a good reason to rule it out. However, Mystic Flygon made the key point, espeon and umbreon.... That actually annoys me now...lol

oh and whoever said they confirmed fair exists solely to counter dragons, not true. they said primarily but did also say to help touch up the chart a bit too. Sounds like while dragons were the main reason it also proved an excuse to mix up the regular chart a bit.

Eeveemaster

Of course! How could I forget? Yeah it would make sense for it to be a Moon Stone, but maybe you could only use the stone on Eevee in a particular cave so as to explain why using a Moon Stone on a Eevee before didn't work.

But Moon is one of Umbreon's attributes.. Also the bonding is kinda like the friendship way to evolve Espeon and Umbreon..

Shiny Arcanine Trainer

But Moon is one of Umbreon's attributes.. Also the bonding is kinda like the friendship way to evolve Espeon and Umbreon..

Yeah but with the new Fairy-type move Moonburst, & Clefairy (who will obviously become Fairy type) being from the moon, there is a connection between Fairy type & the moon, so maybe a Moon Stone would make sense? They should have used Sun & Moon Stones for Umbreon & Espeon's evolution tbh.

Galvantulaman

Same can be said about Piloswine and lickitung, just do what I do, imagine your pokemon doesn't want to evolve during the time it's in older games, and it changes it's mind in the newer ones

I though when you use a evo stone the pkm didn't had a choice... anyway, the "special place to use the moon stone" theory is interesting but i guess the best place to do that would be mount moon in kanto.

Eeveemaster

Yeah but with the new Fairy-type move Moonburst, & Clefairy (who will obviously become Fairy type) being from the moon, there is a connection between Fairy type & the moon, so maybe a Moon Stone would make sense? They should have used Sun & Moon Stones for Umbreon & Espeon's evolution tbh.

I wouldn't like that to happen. There should've a new method. If Sylveon evolves using moon stone then there is no excitement in that.. I kinda like the idea of bringing Eevee in a specific location, a shrine or mystical realm to evolve. Same kinda method of bringing Eevee on Icy or Moss rock..

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I wouldn't like that to happen. There should've a new method. If Sylveon evolves using moon stone then there is no excitement in that.. I kinda like the idea of bringing Eevee in a specific location, a shrine or mystical realm to evolve. Same kinda method of bringing Eevee on Icy or Moss rock..

But that wouldn't be a new method.

Eeveemaster

But that wouldn't be a new method.

Yeah.. But anyway here's my theory..

In order to acquire Sylveon one should have Milotic, Victini and Vivillon in their party thus when Eevee levels up it will adapt to your party Pokémon appearance..

Nyter

Island Challenger
Has anyone explained to why a fairy type is super effective against a dragon type?

Any connection between both myths?

Mystic Flygon

I though when you use a evo stone the pkm didn't had a choice... anyway, the "special place to use the moon stone" theory is interesting but i guess the best place to do that would be mount moon in kanto.

Did you ever watch the anime? Your pokemon would probably just resist the best it can. Or an alternate theory, evolutionary stones aren't strong enough in prior regions to evolve older pokemon, but the radiation in Kalos region evo stones are.

Has anyone explained to why a fairy type is super effective against a dragon type?

Nope, but my theory is that Fairies are impervious to dragons and dragons take significant damage from fairy imbued attacks. The pokemon world follows different rules than our world.

Last edited:

Aiireya

Janitor Ana
I feel like this typing is ridiculous. And gross.

Plus this wreaks havoc with my current team,
In all ways this is awful.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™

It's most likely because Dragon was only weak to Dragon and Ice and the only logical thing that could defeat mythical creatures are more mythical creatures.

Last edited:

Mystic Flygon

Dragons are defeated by enchanted magic/weaponry in myths.

In other myths dragon's are immune to magic entirely.

I feel like this typing is ridiculous. And gross.

Plus this wreaks havoc with my current team,
In all ways this is awful.

And whose fault is that...
If you can't adapt to new things your team doesn't have any place in any meta, those are the rules of evolution.

Ditto24

In all fairness though, Dragons are weak against Fairys because GF said so :p

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
In all fairness though, Dragons are weak against Fairys because GF said so :p

Well duh, but the question was why they made it this way.

Honestly I don't thing GF created the Fairy type then decided it should be super effective against Dragon; I think they were looking for a new type to be super effective to Dragon and Fairy was the most logical one they came up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.