• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeveelutions have usually come in pairs so there is a good chance we might see a new Eeveelution in the not too distant future.

Or not.
In the past we've only found them through playing the game, or guides.

Kuraikarasu

Isn't that Dandy?
Yup, and same thing happened Gen II, two new Eeveelutions, one with a new type, one with a standard, weak vs the new type.

Sylveon + Dragon Eevee a possibility?

it could go in contrast to how sylveon has been more than Hyped up since the release. a secret dragon eveloution that will only be revealed via playthrough instead of months in advance

it could go in contrast to how sylveon has been more than Hyped up since the release. a secret dragon eveloution that will only be revealed via playthrough instead of months in advance
It doesn't have to be revealed only via gameplay - I could see it happening next month (or the month after it), because of the Pikachu & Eevee Friends short, where I could totally see the Eevee evolving into a new (dragon type) Eeveelution to charm Sylveon. After this there's still many months before the release of X & Y and the new Eeveelution would get its time to shine. Sylveon needed the attention now because of the Fairy-type, but the hype will fade away eventually. I'm rooting for a Dragon-type counterpart for Sylveon, really hope it happens. If not, then so be it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It doesn't have to be revealed only via gameplay - I could see it happening next month (or the month after it), because of the Pikachu & Eevee Friends short, where I could totally see the Eevee evolving into a new (dragon type) Eeveelution to charm Sylveon. After this there's still many months before the release of X & Y and the new Eeveelution would get its time to shine. Sylveon needed the attention now because of the Fairy-type, but the hype will fade away eventually. I'm rooting for a Dragon-type counterpart for Sylveon, really hope it happens. If not, then so be it.

I'm rooting for a counterpart, period.

but what would a dragon eeeveelution be called? Drakeon maybe?
Longeon, Fangeon, Nageon. Also, why does it have to be Dragon types? We still don't know what else Fairy types are strong against, and the counterpart could be SE against Fairies too

Last edited:

Aschur

The Fool

I do think it would be nice to have one released alongside Sylveon, considering when dark was introduced in gen 2 umbreon and espeon were the eeveelutions. They gave us the new type and what it was good against as eeveelutions.

Dark Storm

Frozen Solid!

I do think it would be nice to have one released alongside Sylveon, considering when dark was introduced in gen 2 umbreon and espeon were the eeveelutions. They gave us the new type and what it was good against as eeveelutions.
The can call it what they like as long as they give it a decent stat spread. :D

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
I doubt another Eeveelution will come these upcoming months, why the hell would Gamefreak release another one after all the Sylveon hype? To be fair it would be kinda pointless personally.

I agree..it would be very pointless if we saw another Eveeoultion.. One is enough in my opinion

Steelwarrior13

the hunter
So, idk about the rest of you, but who senses fairy type coming for milotic? it would be a major pain again

naughtynun

It would have to be called Draconeon! :)

BayBird

Hummingbird Advocate
I honestly loathe the general mindset of "GameFreak has released Eeveelutions in pairs with what they're strong against!" Sincerely, I hate it so much. I won't sit here and believe that they wondered if they would make a Ghost type or Psychic type evolution to be weak to Umbreon since Umbreon is Dark. Nor did they think "Hmm... Well, we could have a Ground Eeveelution, Dragon, Flying, OR Grass evolution to be weak to Glaceon. Which one are we going to choose guys?"

Just no. They made Eeveelutions based on the Special attacking status that accompanied Electric, Water, Fire, Psychic, Dark, Grass, and Ice before Gen IV changed it up. They haven't made a single Physical typed Eeveelution as of yet, and that is done on purpose. So the whole "They should release a Dragon Eeveelution because it's weak to Sylveon!" thing really bothers me. The point being that they should make a Dragon Eeveelution because... It's the LAST remaining Special type. Not because it has anything to do with Sylveon. At all. Just because it's the only one remaining. Period. None of this stupid "They're released in pairs where one is stronger than the other. No.

Keegan™

Oh nvm ^, I misread your post.
Well yes, it's been speculated before Gen 6 for a Dragon type eveelution, so since it's the last remaining special type, it sure will get talked about more often.

Last edited:

BurningWhiteKyurem

I honestly loathe the general mindset of "GameFreak has released Eeveelutions in pairs with what they're strong against!" Sincerely, I hate it so much. I won't sit here and believe that they wondered if they would make a Ghost type or Psychic type evolution to be weak to Umbreon since Umbreon is Dark. Nor did they think "Hmm... Well, we could have a Ground Eeveelution, Dragon, Flying, OR Grass evolution to be weak to Glaceon. Which one are we going to choose guys?"

Just no. They made Eeveelutions based on the Special attacking status that accompanied Electric, Water, Fire, Psychic, Dark, Grass, and Ice before Gen IV changed it up. They haven't made a single Physical typed Eeveelution as of yet, and that is done on purpose. So the whole "They should release a Dragon Eeveelution because it's weak to Sylveon!" thing really bothers me. The point being that they should make a Dragon Eeveelution because... It's the LAST remaining Special type. Not because it has anything to do with Sylveon. At all. Just because it's the only one remaining. Period. None of this stupid "They're released in pairs where one is stronger than the other. No.

Say GameFreak released Dragon Eeveelution, how would you ever know GF's intentions, that it was for special stat and not as a Sylveon Counter?

Seems mundane to complain about something like that.

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™

While I myself don't see Game Freak releasing a Dragon type Eeveelution this generation, who are you to say what Game Freak's intentions are? Do you work for them? Just because you see some sort of pattern doesn't mean you're right.

SkittySkitty

Team Cutie's leader
While I myself don't see Game Freak releasing a Dragon type Eeveelution this generation, who are you to say what Game Freak's intentions are? Do you work for them? Just because you see some sort of pattern doesn't mean you're right.

eh.. :/ i personally don't want a dragon eevee type

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So, idk about the rest of you, but who senses fairy type coming for milotic? it would be a major pain again

Milotic has always been a major pain, giving it the fairy type just makes it harder to deal with. Sure there's Muk, but without Choice Band he's not going to do much.

Milotic is one of the likely ones to gain the type as there won't be many to gain fairy.

Ditto24

THIS. I'm getting fed up of 'patterns' that people 'see' being solid evidence that certain things will happen. There was that whole fiasco about that eeveelution poster that had Flareon opposite Leafeon etc and people were all like 'OMG Jolteon is opposite Sylveon, it must be Flying coz it will be weak to it!'.

That isn't evidence guys. I personally would love as many eeveelutions as possible, but it would seem odd for them to make an upcoming short, featuring all the eeveelutions in their glory, but then casually just not include one...

asperger1981

good reader
How would you introduce the fairy type to the game?

Hope they don't do it in such a forced way as they did to the steel and dark types in the past.

Maybe a pokerus variant or something like that might help. Don't you think so?

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
THIS. I'm getting fed up of 'patterns' that people 'see' being solid evidence that certain things will happen. There was that whole fiasco about that eeveelution poster that had Flareon opposite Leafeon etc and people were all like 'OMG Jolteon is opposite Sylveon, it must be Flying coz it will be weak to it!'.

That isn't evidence guys. I personally would love as many eeveelutions as possible, but it would seem odd for them to make an upcoming short, featuring all the eeveelutions in their glory, but then casually just not include one...
I was one of those people
Ahem...

It would be quite strange for Gamefreak to hold back an Eeveelution from a Pikachu Short featuring them...

Sorry guys, looks like only one Eeveelution this time around. And that's not necessarily a bad thing - Sylveon features the new Type, and honestly, what could the other Eeveelution be other than Dragon, if we were going along with the super-effective-against-other-Eeveelution thingeh, and the Eeveelutions-are-only-of-previously-Special-types (but whoops, Sylveon broke that)?

Status
Not open for further replies.