• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverporygon767

pokemon prof
This is very true,I was just thinking i context of a kids game like pokemon lol you wouldnt probably think a fairy type like clefairy or whatever could also be dark, because atleast imho it seems condratictory lol

But I concer about absol being a good choice for a dark/fairy....maybe it could even have half fairy moves and half dark moves ;)

ebevan91

Not sure if it has been posted already, but does this new Pika-clone suggest that the Pikachu line WON'T be fairy?

Pokemon I think could be Fairy Types:
Farfetch'd, Chansey, Jynx, Ledian, Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu, Flaffy, Ampharos, Bellossom, Politoad, Hoppip, Aipom, Sunflora, Wobbuffet, Snubbull, Stantler, Smeargle, Smoochum, Celebi, Shroomish, Whismur, Skitty, Mawile, Plusle, Minum, Volbeat, Illumise, Roselia, Spoink, Spinda, Castform, Kecleon, Wynaut, Gorebyss, Jirachi, Cherubi, Buneary, Mismagius, Happiny, Munchlax, Togepi, Frolass, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Phione, Arceua, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Munna, Audino, Lilligant, Maractus, Zorua, Minccino, Gothita, Deerling, Meinfoo, and Meloetta

~ I didn't add all Post Evos. (If pre-evolution isn't there, I don't think it'll be a fairy Type till it evolves)
*Went thru my Pokedex 3D*

lol no that is WAY too many and you didn't even include Evos. Fairy will go from being non-existent to the most common typing if you do that.

ebevan91

No, if anything, it seems to make it seem more real, as it's a Pika Clone, like Marill, which is another Fairy.

So I'm betting on Fairychu.

Makes sense, but wouldn't it be kinda stupid to have TWO lines that are electric/fairy that even look similar?

Rainbow Chi

Steel is not afraid of fairy

Actually,dialga is one of my favourite legendaries. Personally, I do not want any other new legendary's rank that is higher than her. I am afraid that fqiry type is super effective to steel either. Then,dialga will have three week points because fairy is also supre effective on dragon.

However, Palkia should be worse than dialgs. Because she has two week points now. She has only one week point before. But I still hope that dialga can be as strong as before.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
AAAANNNNNDDDD, Mawile becomes the NEW Dragon Wall!

Congratulations Gamefreak!

You have destroyed every-bodies competitive teams.

Good on you.

MrDuck

So maybe Pikachu's mega form could be electric/fairy?

GirlsILikeThem

I've seen people calling Mawile the "counterpart" of Sableye. In order for it to be a true counterpart, both Sableye and Mawile would have to have no weaknesses, since this is the case for Sableye (provided that Ghost- or Dark-type Pokémon are not weak against Fairy=type moves.)

In order for this to be true, Fairy must be either resistant or immune to all of Steel-type's weaknesses, So Fighting-type, Fire-type, and Ground-type moves must do either 1/2 or 0 damage to Fairy-types. Also, Fairy-types have to be weak against any of the eleven types Steel- Pokémon are resistant to. That is fairly wasy...so long as Gairy-type are not weak against Electric or Water and all other conditions here are met, Sableye and Mawile will be true counterparts in perfect harmony. So long as Sableye gets a Mega Evolution, that is.

cmats4020

I've seen people calling Mawile the "counterpart" of Sableye. In order for it to be a true counterpart, both Sableye and Mawile would have to have no weaknesses, since this is the case for Sableye (provided that Ghost- or Dark-type Pokémon are not weak against Fairy=type moves.)

In order for this to be true, Fairy must be either resistant or immune to all of Steel-type's weaknesses, So Fighting-type, Fire-type, and Ground-type moves must do either 1/2 or 0 damage to Fairy-types. Also, Fairy-types have to be weak against any of the eleven types Steel- Pokémon are resistant to. That is fairly wasy...so long as Gairy-type are not weak against Electric or Water and all other conditions here are met, Sableye and Mawile will be true counterparts in perfect harmony. So long as Sableye gets a Mega Evolution, that is.

Well, based on the PokeBeach rumors, it seems like Mawile won't be a true counterpart, but it's still a counterpart to Sableye nonetheleast.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer

That's not necessarily true. Counterparts do not have to have the same amount of weaknesses. Look at Electivire and Magmortar: Electivire has one weakness (Ground) while Magmortar has three weaknesses (Water, Ground, and Rock), but they are obvious counterparts.

GirlsILikeThem

That's not necessarily true. Counterparts do not have to have the same amount of weaknesses. Look at Electivire and Magmortar: Electivire has one weakness (Ground) while Magmortar has three weaknesses (Water, Ground, and Rock), but they are obvious counterparts.

Yes but Sableye was groundbreaking for being the first Pokémon without a weakness. Fairy-type is a perfect way to get rid of any and all weaknesses Mawile may have. Anyhow, neither Electivire or Magmortar acquired a new type the generation they were introduced.

cmats4020

Yes but Sableye was groundbreaking for being the first Pokémon without a weakness. Fairy-type is a perfect way to get rid of any and all weaknesses Mawile may have. Anyhow, neither Electivire or Magmortar acquired a new type the generation they were introduced.

Still, you said counterparts needed to have equal weaknesses and resistances in the case of Sableye and Mawile, when counterparts such as Gardevoir and Gallade; Electivire and Magmortar; Scyther and Pinser; etc. don't.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
So the types that Fairy is weak/resistant to are going to be specifically tailored so Mawile has no weaknesses? Besides, we don't know if Sableye will gain a weakness to Fairy anyways, like the WPM rumor says it will since Fairy is supposed to be SE against Dark and neutral against Ghost resulting in Dark/Ghost having a weakness to Fairy. Also, this doesn't disprove my point. Tell me how many counterparts (that aren't the same type) have the same amount of weaknesses and the amount that don't have the same amount of weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.