• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFire7

There is nothing about fairy resisting fire in the pokebeach rumours so mega mawile may still get roasted by a fire type move so I don't get the guy that said CONGRATULATIONS GAMEFREAK YOU HAVE DESTROYED EVERYONE'S COMPETITIVE TEAMS!! Slight overreaction. I think Megamawile is BOSS. That is our second fairy after xerneas that is not based on a cute little pokemon introduced in this region, or not? Does anyone know if these mega evolutions are new pokes or just beefed up versions of the original pokes?

cmats4020

There is nothing about fairy resisting fire in the pokebeach rumours so mega mawile may still get roasted by a fire type move so I don't get the guy that said CONGRATULATIONS GAMEFREAK YOU HAVE DESTROYED EVERYONE'S COMPETITIVE TEAMS!! Slight overreaction. I think Megamawile is BOSS. That is our second fairy after xerneas that is not based on a cute little pokemon introduced in this region, or not? Does anyone know if these mega evolutions are new pokes or just beefed up versions of the original pokes?

Well, they are forms that a Pokemon can take during battle, but revert to normal after the battle ends.

Strytho

Tactical Breeder
My big questions about fairy types is something you all are asking as well.

Putting a new type into the game can mess with the game so the real question isn't whether or not things WILL get messed up but how they will get messed up. What advantages and disadvantages does fairy type bring to the game. What will people have to do in order to rework their teams and how can they do it without breaking the balance. Gamefreak did something I've been asking for for eight years now. While I'd've prefered light type to fairy type, the change is still in effect the exact same. Now what I didn't expect was the dragon type being weak against it.

Still, I'd like to see some good fairy types. Ones that look kickbutt and break the girly stereotype that surrounds the word fairy. I think pokemon can break that stereotype if it can turn fairy into something that is both feminine and masculin.

silverporygon767

pokemon prof
I don't like the idea of an electric/fairy type....it seems like a bad combination lol not just visually either, electric and fairy moves... idk it seems like its not a good mix

Ditto24

I'm wondering if this debunks the theory of Pikachu getting retyped?

Ditto24

I'm thinking it does. There'd be no point in making Dedenne if they intended on making Pikachu Electric/Fairy.

Especially coz I think GF would rather give Pikachu a chance to show off the Mega mechanic, or atleast Raichu that is. Also giving Dedenne Fairy (which was always gonna happen to the pika clone this gen) it will hopefully help people see why Marill got it.

applemania

It makes sense to me that the Electric/Fairy would be an Antenna- since it would pick up electricity and signals from it's surroundings, not being a source of electricity itself. I imagine it's evolution will be more of a Lighting Rod.

Dedenne (or Hamtenna as I've dubbed it) seems like an alternate prevo for Raichu, so Pikachu being part fairy would be incredibly redundant.

While everyone is so busy arguing about Mega Evolutions, I'm too busy realizing our beautiful leaker was a little wrong on his leaks. . . Newtwo isn't Psychic/Fairy. And there may not be a second form. Meaning. . . Some of his info. . . May be wrong. . .
Just saying. :D

Ditto24

While everyone is so busy arguing about Mega Evolutions, I'm too busy realizing our beautiful leaker was a little wrong on his leaks. . . Newtwo isn't Psychic/Fairy. And there may not be a second form. Meaning. . . Some of his info. . . May be wrong. . .
Just saying. :D

Are you on about the Pokebeach rumours? I didn't think he mentioned it's type.

Are you on about the Pokebeach rumours? I didn't think he mentioned it's type.

True, Not sure where I got that idea from. Guess I just put another rumor together with this one. However, unless they have another entirely new evolution method. There most likely won't be a second Mewtwo form.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
True, Not sure where I got that idea from. Guess I just put another rumor together with this one. However, unless they have another entirely new evolution method. There most likely won't be a second Mewtwo form.

Most likely? No, none of us would've guessed the Mega Evolutions and we still don't know how they fully work so a second Mewtwo form isn't out of the question.

Most likely? No, none of us would've guessed the Mega Evolutions and we still don't know how they fully work so a second Mewtwo form isn't out of the question.

Which is why I said most likely. But do you really think they'll make ANOTHER evolution method? We have already known about the Trademark of Mega Evolution back in February. We don't know of any other such thing. Mega Evolution changes old school pokes, and possible new ones. What would even be the point in "Ultra Evolution"? If it does the exact same thing? That'd just take up data, and space. We already have a general idea There will be more than just the 6 Megaevos so we'll throw out the idea of. . . about 20. Do you really think they're gonna make 20 more entirely different "Ultra Evos"? Or just 20 more Mega evos?
I don't see there being ANOTHER evo method is my point. That's way too much, to do the exact same thing.

Just saying.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Which is why I said most likely. But do you really think they'll make ANOTHER evolution method? We have already known about the Trademark of Mega Evolution back in February. We don't know of any other such thing. Mega Evolution changes old school pokes, and possible new ones. What would even be the point in "Ultra Evolution"? If it does the exact same thing? That'd just take up data, and space. We already have a general idea There will be more than just the 6 Megaevos so we'll throw out the idea of. . . about 20. Do you really think they're gonna make 20 more entirely different "Ultra Evos"? Or just 20 more Mega evos?
I don't see there being ANOTHER evo method is my point. That's way too much, to do the exact same thing.

Just saying.

Except it's not even "Most likely," we know next to nothing about these forms, much less Mewtwo's role in the game. Whether or not it's from a new evolution method or the same one I'm not going to throw out a possibility that has some reason to be believed without good reason.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Next CoroCoro issue is going to show off more Mega Evolutions and an updated type chart with Fairy included

Ah good, so then we can finally figure out how Fairy fits into the new chart (and if there's any other alterations).

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Ah good, so then we can finally figure out how Fairy fits into the new chart (and if there's any other alterations).

finally! ugh the only thing i want is to get the new movelists already...i want to start breeding and strategizing already..
as for the scans i cant w8 for the trailer showcasing everything thats new! im excited about the new mega forms.. hopefully Blissey or Wigglytuff get one! id be sooo happy!
on a side note, mega evolutions.....at first i was confused, but then i realized that maybe mega evolutions are suppose to be the equivalent of lvl.EX or lvl.X cards in the tcg??

Status
Not open for further replies.