• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furret Master

Champion Seeker
I too am looking forward for the type chart regarding how Fairy fits into all this. I am still very very much hoping that Fairy is not immune to Dragon. Resistant? I can handle that and see why that is good. I just dread the idea of a full-blown immunity. Then again, if that's how it works, that's how it works. Just a personal opinion from someone who likes Dragons most of all.

I too am looking forward for the type chart regarding how Fairy fits into all this. I am still very very much hoping that Fairy is not immune to Dragon. Resistant? I can handle that and see why that is good. I just dread the idea of a full-blown immunity. Then again, if that's how it works, that's how it works. Just a personal opinion from someone who likes Dragons most of all.

Dragon isn't even my favorite type, yet I agree 100%. I couldn'timagine it being a FULL immunity. But, we do have a decently reliable source telling us this. . .

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
At last, the new chart. That i'm exited for

Hyung

K-pop Addict
Anyone who dares calls Fairy-Types girly will be eaten by MegaMawile.

"Fairy type? Hah, so girly!"
MegaMawile was sent out!
"Oh my God, why does it have two giant mouths? D:"

Girly no more. ;3

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Yeah, I'm with you on this. Give dragon another weakness, fine. It could use one, and it won't hurt it's offensive capabilities. But fairy immune to dragon? No way. Dragon as a type isn't really that OP, sure it has awesome neutral coverage, but that is balanced out by it only being SE against itself. The real reason why dragons have been so OP in the past is because GF keeps insisting on giving them insane stats and movepools. Give us some really strong offensive fairy types this gen (pseudo-legend included) and only average dragons and there you go.

Fairy also needs a more common weakness then just steel and poison, that would only serve to make fairy the new unbalanced type, and force all teams to carry these otherwise quite useless moves. I think fire would be a good fit, dark as well (seriously don't want dark to be weak to fairy, it needs another strength if anything).

Anxiously awaiting next months type chart. (If the pokebeach leaker is right I'll deal, but I won't be happy about it.)

Sorry for mini-rant :p

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Wait, one question. This new Type Chart... will it just be new in the way that Fairy is explained, or does it seem like they mean there will be other Changes?

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Yeah, I'm with you on this. Give dragon another weakness, fine. It could use one, and it won't hurt it's offensive capabilities. But fairy immune to dragon? No way. Dragon as a type isn't really that OP, sure it has awesome neutral coverage, but that is balanced out by it only being SE against itself. The real reason why dragons have been so OP in the past is because GF keeps insisting on giving them insane stats and movepools. Give us some really strong offensive fairy types this gen (pseudo-legend included) and only average dragons and there you go.

Fairy also needs a more common weakness then just steel and poison, that would only serve to make fairy the new unbalanced type, and force all teams to carry these otherwise quite useless moves. I think fire would be a good fit, dark as well (seriously don't want dark to be weak to fairy, it needs another strength if anything).

Anxiously awaiting next months type chart. (If the pokebeach leaker is right I'll deal, but I won't be happy about it.)

Sorry for mini-rant :p

Do we really need to give Fire even more perks than it already has? Perhaps Ice would be a better fit. Alternatively I would like to see Dark super-effective against Fairy, but only if and only if Fairy is super-effective against Dark, as I think that could be a very interesting stalemate, and it wouldn't hurt Ghost either.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Do we really need to give Fire even more perks than it already has? Perhaps Ice would be a better fit. Alternatively I would like to see Dark super-effective against Fairy, but only if and only if Fairy is super-effective against Dark, as I think that could be a very interesting stalemate, and it wouldn't hurt Ghost either.
Well offensively fire has about as many perks as ice really. What ice needs is a resistance. I picked fire beacuse it's a common type that I think would make sense lore-wise. (Though honestly I base that off pretty much the same logic as fire being strong against bug...)
I'd be fine with dark-fairy being SE against each other (but I kinda doubt that will be the case).

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Well offensively fire has about as many perks as ice really. What ice needs is a resistance. I picked fire beacuse it's a common type that I think would make sense lore-wise. (Though honestly I base that off pretty much the same logic as fire being strong against bug...)
I'd be fine with dark-fairy being SE against each other (but I kinda doubt that will be the case).

I know Ice SE on Fairy wont happen. I'm biased towards Ice, its my favourite type! Still don't agree with Fire but it is hard as when I think of Fairy I always seem to think of bugs too...

Wait, one question. This new Type Chart... will it just be new in the way that Fairy is explained, or does it seem like they mean there will be other Changes?

well, the way I see it, if they were gonna make changes to the type chart, there would be no reason for Fairy type. They could have just made Dragon weak to Poison or steel.

Chalis

Victorious
I really hope Fairy isnt SE to rock, my favorite type

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
i wouldn't expect it rock already has Five weaknesses. Not saying it's impossible but I wouldn't predict it.
Fixed.
Yeah, Fairy will pretty much not be super-effective against rock....

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
well, the way I see it, if they were gonna make changes to the type chart, there would be no reason for Fairy type. They could have just made Dragon weak to Poison or steel.

But that wouldn't make much sense, there are usually some logical reason Types are good against eachother (usually). Then again, who knows.

But that wouldn't make much sense, there are usually some logical reason Types are good against eachother (usually). Then again, who knows.

Poison, if going off logic (Which lets be real Pokemon doesn't do), should be SE to everything but steel and Poison itself.

Except it's not even "Most likely," we know next to nothing about these forms, much less Mewtwo's role in the game. Whether or not it's from a new evolution method or the same one I'm not going to throw out a possibility that has some reason to be believed without good reason.

But, it sort of is. . .I'll admit, there's a lot of things no one saw coming. Mega Evolutions for one, were a prime example. But I HIGHLY doubt, they're going to reveal to us a new Evo method. ESPECIALLY, if the next and final issure of CoroCoro, before the release, is going to show a few new pokes and the Fairy Type chart. We'd have some headline saying. . . "More Unforseen news sure to blow your mind" like we got last month. I don't see it happening. If you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.