• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
But, it sort of is. . .I'll admit, there's a lot of things no one saw coming. Mega Evolutions for one, were a prime example. But I HIGHLY doubt, they're going to reveal to us a new Evo method. ESPECIALLY, if the next and final issure of CoroCoro, before the release, is going to show a few new pokes and the Fairy Type chart. We'd have some headline saying. . . "More Unforseen news sure to blow your mind" like we got last month. I don't see it happening. If you ask me.

It's entirely possible, they introduced item-time based evolutions the same time they introduced location evolutions. Really, to play devil's advocate, getting a second form is not out of the question, especially considering it's not the first time forms have been split up in reveal times (Deoxys for instance).

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I know MegaAmpharos is Electric/Dragon, but I'd like to see Mareep's line, including Ampharos, to be Electric/Fairy.
It'd be weird since Fairy is SE against Dragon, but Mareep and its family look Fairy enough.

It's entirely possible, they introduced item-time based evolutions the same time they introduced location evolutions. Really, to play devil's advocate, getting a second form is not out of the question, especially considering it's not the first time forms have been split up in reveal times (Deoxys for instance).

I never said it was out of the question. I said I don't see that happening. Then the game also had 490 pokemon, a little more than half of what we will soon have. However, what we will soon have, some are going to have multiple forms. So, we'll be lenient and say, 900 fully 3D character models as of right now. Not including trainers, trees, cars, and all the other stuff outside of battle. PLUS, the plethora of moves and their animations, dialogue, and interactive environments. Do you think this game really has THAT much space to add, oh I don't know, 50 more fully 3D character models?

I see we've gotten off topic however as this is a thread on Fairy type. But, we shall find out soon enough. I am not looking towards another Mewtwo form, because I personally don't see it happening, I personally think it'd be too much for the game to (literally) technically handle. Way too much data to be packed into 14,000 blocks.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I never said it was out of the question. I said I don't see that happening. Then the game also had 490 pokemon, a little more than half of what we will soon have. However, what we will soon have, some are going to have multiple forms. So, we'll be lenient and say, 900 fully 3D character models as of right now. Not including trainers, trees, cars, and all the other stuff outside of battle. PLUS, the plethora of moves and their animations, dialogue, and interactive environments. Do you think this game really has THAT much space to add, oh I don't know, 50 more fully 3D character models?

I see we've gotten off topic however as this is a thread on Fairy type. But, we shall find out soon enough. I am not looking towards another Mewtwo form, because I personally don't see it happening, I personally think it'd be too much for the game to (literally) technically handle. Way too much data to be packed into 14,000 blocks.

Not the point, you said they didn't introduce multiple evolution methods and I gave you an example when they did. Regardless, considering that we have at least one rumored new evolution method brought to our attention by Corocoro it's entirely possible. Also, possibly yes they can fit that in, even with new evolution methods remember that we usually don't get too many that use it (for instance, location evolutions only had 4 off of the top of my head back in DP).

Truthfully, I don't know if it will or will not appear but it's not nearly the certainty you're pushing it to be.

Anyway, I agree that we've far gone off topic so lets end it off here.

Last edited:

ECM

I'm excited to see how fairy affects the type chart, but I'm really hoping that they reveal all of the Pokémon from Gens I-V who will gain the fairy type. Officially, we've only got Jigglypuff, Marill, Gardevoir and Mawile. But there are so many others that could become fairy types. Snubull, Audino, Chansey, Misdreavus, Clefairy, Plusle, Minun, Glalie, Whimsicott, Togekiss, and a few others too. If all those, plus a few more, get the fairy typing (along with some or all of their evolutions, of course) I'll be pretty content. Maybe Meganium could get the fairy type, even.

ysmr97

I'm excited to see how fairy affects the type chart, but I'm really hoping that they reveal all of the Pokémon from Gens I-V who will gain the fairy type. Officially, we've only got Jigglypuff, Marill, Gardevoir and Mawile. But there are so many others that could become fairy types. Snubull, Audino, Chansey, Misdreavus, Clefairy, Plusle, Minun, Glalie, Whimsicott, Togekiss, and a few others too. If all those, plus a few more, get the fairy typing (along with some or all of their evolutions, of course) I'll be pretty content. Maybe Meganium could get the fairy type, even.

Eh, it seems like that'd be lil too much to have in one issue XD And I don't want Meganium to be dual typed!! Gen II is the only pure typed gen!!!

Eh, it seems like that'd be lil too much to have in one issue XD And I don't want Meganium to be dual typed!! Gen II is the only pure typed gen!!!

Yup, and for that reason, I don't see them messing with the starters as far as that. Unless they give them MegaEvolutions. MegaMeganium. . . I'm up for it. xD

Navarch

I think Fairy might be Weak to Normal. Fairy seems to be based off of Fairy Tales and Make Believe Things. Normal (or Average) people think they are, "cute" or "weak" based off of a Stereotype. So, in theory, Fairy is weak to Stereotypes.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I think Fairy might be Weak to Normal. Fairy seems to be based off of Fairy Tales and Make Believe Things. Normal (or Average) people think they are, "cute" or "weak" based off of a Stereotype. So, in theory, Fairy is weak to Stereotypes.

Maybe, but this is people's theory for Psychic resisting it.

Okay, I'm hoping Fennekin's evo/final evo is Fire/Fairy, I'm doing a Fairy mono run in my second play through :p

All of the fairy-types have great designs, even the old ones and especially MegaMawile.

ECM

Good point about Meganium. It might be quite a bit for one issue. I'm just really hoping because I want to know.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

Sure i could see it..Poison and Normal need a buff so why not make them super effective against Fairy

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, I'm hoping Fennekin's evo/final evo is Fire/Fairy, I'm doing a Fairy mono run in my second play through :p

All of the fairy-types have great designs, even the old ones and especially MegaMawile.

I'm 100% sure that the leak is correct about the starter types, meaning Fire/Psychic.. They're really pushing the Fairies into the fold with quite a few staples of the series getting the type:
- Electric Rodent+Fairy
- Game exclusive Fairy types, whereas previously we had game exclusive evolutionary stone pokemon, such as Misdreavus/Murkrow in GenIV.
- Boxart Legendary+Fairy

I don't know if Bunnelby is the 'regional rodent', probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if the regional rodent turned out to be Normal/Fairy as well.

Still pretty gutted that MegaMawile isn't a regular evolution, though Huge Power definitely makes up for that. I doubt that it's speed will get kicked up, since waiting is part of Mawile's strategy (luring in prey with the pretty face), so with 170 attack, it will likely wreck everything within a Trick Room environment.

MegaMawile
Nature: Sassy/Careful (+SpDef, - Speed/SpAtt)
Ability: Huge Power
Item: Mawilenite
- Iron Head: Best STAB
- Drain Kiss: I think it's very likely to get it, and hey, recovery! :D
- Sucker Punch: Getting past that Speed regardless
- Brick Break: Works wonders for coverage

But there's still tons of options, SubPunch being one, the elemental fangs being other great options, but on the regular not being better then 80BP priority, Recovery/STAB, and STAB with Flinch. Oh, there's Stone Edge and Rock Slide which could cover some types I guess, but still, I think the above is a great set that I'd use.

Luthor

Yup, and for that reason, I don't see them messing with the starters as far as that. Unless they give them MegaEvolutions. MegaMeganium. . . I'm up for it. xD

i would have to agree i don't think ordinary Meganium will gain an extra type. But i could easily see it get a few fairy type moves.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
MegaMawile
Nature: Sassy/Careful (+SpDef, - Speed/SpAtt)
Ability: Huge Power
Item: Mawilenite
- Iron Head: Best STAB
- Drain Kiss: I think it's very likely to get it, and hey, recovery! :D
- Sucker Punch: Getting past that Speed regardless
- Brick Break: Works wonders for coverage

But there's still tons of options, SubPunch being one, the elemental fangs being other great options, but on the regular not being better then 80BP priority, Recovery/STAB, and STAB with Flinch. Oh, there's Stone Edge and Rock Slide which could cover some types I guess, but still, I think the above is a great set that I'd use.

I really like this speculative set!
The only problem is that its held item should be the Mega Stone, since that's what makes them gives Mawile the MegaForme.

ECM

I really like this speculative set!
The only problem is that its held item should be the Mega Stone, since that's what makes them gives Mawile the MegaForme.

The Mawilenite is the mega stone for Mawile. Hence Blazikenite and Lucarionite

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm 100% sure that the leak is correct about the starter types, meaning Fire/Psychic.. They're really pushing the Fairies into the fold with quite a few staples of the series getting the type:
- Electric Rodent+Fairy
- Game exclusive Fairy types, whereas previously we had game exclusive evolutionary stone pokemon, such as Misdreavus/Murkrow in GenIV.
- Boxart Legendary+Fairy

I don't know if Bunnelby is the 'regional rodent', probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if the regional rodent turned out to be Normal/Fairy as well.

It's just that Chespin doesn't seem very 'Dark' like, it's curious like a regular little boy, and all other Pokemon that evolve into Dark-Type, except Eevee, who is excuses because it was gonna evolve into a Dark-Type regardless of how it acts, seem malicious or prankster-ish, while Chespin doesn't. Plus, I think Fennekin might be Fairy-Type because of this:

Okay guys! I've got a theory!

These 14 names from Pokexperto, right?

They included Horubii and Deddene, both have been revealed.

One name was Mafokushii.

Fokushii is what Foxy is translated to in Japanese if a word is before it. In this case, 'Ma'.

Now, we've already got a fox. Fennekin. So common sense would make us think a Fennekin evo, right?

Where does 'Ma' come from?

The only fiery word I can find that matches with this is Maguma, Magma.

However, 'Ma' matches up to Maho, magic, and Majikku, Magic, with a capital letter.

In French and English, which seem to be the only languages along with Japanese to influence names this gen, both of these words keep 'Ma'.

Now, most people would see Magic and think Psychic, right?

Because of Abra?

Look at Abra, Kadabra and Alakazam though. We've never seen them use traditional Magic, just Psychic powers, like spoon bending and disappearing. We know they are based off of Spoon Benders and Stage Magicians, not wizards or sorcerers.

However, let's look at Fairy-Type.

If we look past the cutesy and majestic, we see Magic.

Fairies are well known for using magic, for good, for bad, or for fun.

Sylveon's names come from Sylph, or Sylvan, Nymph and Fairy. All magical creatures. Also, foxes and cats are popular creatures in folk lore.

Deers are often seen in folklore, and we got Xerneas.

Gardevoir seems like a sorceress.

Xerneas' signature move, Geomancy, matches well with magic, Mancy meaning Divination.

Fairy-Types learn Moon Blast, and the moon is very often connected to Magic.

So it seems likely Mafokushii is Fire-Type and/or Fairy-Type. And possibly a Fennekin evo.

Or I might be wrong and it means something else

May I remind you guys that we don't know if Psychic is TM, Tutor, Level Up or Egg Move.

Keeping in mind many non-Psychic-Types learn it.

Fairy goes well with foxes, they are mystical animals.

Just hope Fennekin's final evo isn't a Kitsune.

This also goes well with the whole promoting Fairy shizz.

Isn't it odd it's getting way more attention then Dark and Steel?

I like how all the Fairies are varied, yet fit together.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I think that Fairy might have a weakness to either Flying or Fire, in addition to Steel and Poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.