• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
If Fairy was Supereffective against Dark, Gardevoir's Fairy Wind should have ohko'd Hydreigon in that trailer. I think it may have been confirmed for neutral damage.

Not necessarily. We discussed this before.

Fairy Jon

I really don't think ice deserves another advantage. It doesn't need an added weakness either, and I wouldn't mind if it resisted Fairy. If metal can reflect Fairy magick, I would think Ice could do so as well. How does Fire resist Fairy? That one baffles me.

Also, if one of the earlier comments meant "pure" as in "good", not all fairies are good. Some of them are very evil.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
I meant serene and transparent. Opposite of scheming and mischievous like the Dark type. I imagine the evil fairies would be Dark/Fairy.

I agree; I don't understand the logic behind Fire resisting Fairy, for the game, and in a real-world sense either.

Fairy Jon

I meant serene and transparent. Opposite of scheming and mischievous like the Dark type. I imagine the evil fairies would be Dark/Fairy.

Some Fairies are actually mischievous and scheming without being dark fairies in some of the folklore/legends/fairy tales. Quite a few of them aren't friendly at all. Look at Spritzee, it has the face of EVIL!

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

I agree; I don't understand the logic behind Fire resisting Fairy, for the game, and in a real-world sense either.

Not everything that's a trickster is necessarily evil, sometimes it's to get the protagonist to learn something, sometimes it's to pull one over on the villain. So Fairies can still be mischevious even while still being heroic (or "heroic") characters.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Some Fairies are actually mischievous and scheming without being dark fairies in some of the folklore/legends/fairy tales. Quite a few of them aren't friendly at all. Look at Spritzee, it has the face of EVIL!

Spritzee? Really?

Anyway, we shall all see soon enough when this new type chart comes out very very very soon.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!

*sobs* spritzee isn't evil she's adorable, even with the plague doctor mask like theme.

Fairy Jon

*sobs* spritzee isn't evil she's adorable, even with the plague doctor mask like theme.

Spritzee is adorable, but then I read this, "It emits a unique fragrance that causes anyone who smells it to fall under its spell." >_>

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Spritzee is adorable, but then I read this, "It emits a unique fragrance that causes anyone who smells it to fall under its spell." >_>

But now you have a large pink puffball as a fairy now who lulls people to sleep and if she ever returns in the anime, will write all over ur face with her marker... thats evil >.> ....

But swirlix is cool too... but im getting Y so I'll have the Spritz :p

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

johno1995

[img139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1e/XY_Prerelease_Pok%C3%A9mon_Bank_box.png[/img139]

I've heard a lot of talk about wondering if Pikachu would become Electric/Fairy. While doubtful in the first place, it's officially deconfirmed now.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
[img139]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1e/XY_Prerelease_Pok%C3%A9mon_Bank_box.png[/img139]

I've heard a lot of talk about wondering if Pikachu would become Electric/Fairy. While doubtful in the first place, it's officially deconfirmed now.

We know it for a while, we saw Pikachu status screen a while ago and it was only Eletric.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

Thanks for the video.

Now all that's left is for someone to get his Sylveon be hit by Chespin's Pin Missle, which is kind of difficult to be known for now as its based on the AI of the game.

So far based on the XY demo, Fairy type takes Neutral damage from Electric, Fairy, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Water.
While it does Half damage to Fire type pokemons and does Neutral damage to Electric, Fairy, Grass, Normal, Psychic, Water. (tell me if i missed any)

So this leaves us with 8 types to check Fairy types Defensive nature with, while 10 types are left to check Fairy types Offensive nature on.

Last edited:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Thanks for the video.

Now all that's left is for someone to get his Sylveon be hit by Chespin's Pin Missle, which is kind of difficult to be known for now as its based on the AI of the game.

So far based on the XY demo, Fairy type takes Neutral damage from Electric, Fairy, Fire, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Water.
While it does Half damage to Fire type pokemons and does Neutral damage to Electric, Fairy, Grass, Normal, Psychic, Water. (tell me if i missed any)

So this leaves us with 8 types to check Fairy types Defensive nature with, while 10 types are left to check Fairy types Offensive nature on.

and A week to go before we get "Full" confirmation on these and other matches.
My hopes for some fairy types
A Banshee
A Gargoyle
A flower child fairy kind of thing
A living Elemental kind of fairy

Status
Not open for further replies.