• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
I doubt it will happen; the odds are very low but not impossible. Fairy was introduced purely to check dragons(unless stated otherwise). Still, it's nice to sort of *fix* the system we have now that doesn't necessarily work even after Dark and Steel were introduced. We can always dream right?

Yeah, i also would like some changes (reducing the fighting OPness by making it neutral damage against ice and boosting the frail ice type, killing two birds with one stone) but i really don't see that happening. But has you said, we all can dream.

absolfusion

Soon.......
hey gaiz I foun da leek! Leeks_and_Thyme.jpg (Visual puns are awesome)

Flareon Fan

Ace Trainer
Neither Ghost nor Dark should resist Fairy. It might be nice for one to resist and the other to be weak to Fairy, but then Sableye/Spiritomb will still have no weaknesses(which is kind of an issue). Between Ghost and Dark, Ghost should be weak to Fairy given the two immunities and two resistances while dark is immune to one and resists itself and ghost(If poison were to gain use, Ghost would be more useful resisting both Poison and Fighting whereas Dark is weak to fighting). I wouldn't give Dark another advantage given the immunity and the fact that it only has two weaknesses. Psychic is only SE on Poison and Fighting, has no immunities, and has three weaknesses, so Fairy SE on Ghost but Dark and Fairy(imo) should share a neutral relationship. I think Flying is fine, but I do believe GameFreak needs to introduce a much wider variety of moves for other types to abuse.

To add to type chart predictions(Kind fun I must admit):
Fairy
Supereffective: Dragon, Fighting, Ghost
Not Very effective: Ice, Fire
Resists: Dragon, Fighting, Ghost
Is weak to: Poison, Steel

Amendments(if they were to happen):
Ice
Resists: Fairy, Ground, Ice, and Water
Grass
Resists: Rock, water, grass, and ground

Impossible, it's confirmed that ghost does neutral damage on fairy.

My final predictions:

Fairy
Deals 2x to Dark, Dragon, Fighting
Deals 1/2x to Fire, Poison
Receives 2x from Poison, Steel
Receives 1/2x from Fighting
Immune to Dragon

*I may edit this later

I second this 100% (love your sig too, did you make the gallade prevo yourself?)

Last edited:

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
With this month's corocoro
When will it leak? Anytime between now and friday.
No we don't know a specific day. No we don't know a specific time.

Just needed a time frame is all. And thanks.
:)

Last edited:
Fairy type according to the leaker:

Super effective on:
Fighting, Dark & Dragon

Not effective on:
Fire, Poison & Steel

Weak to:
Poison & Steel

Resists:
Fighting, Dark & Bug

Immune: Dragon

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Fairy Type:

Offensive:

SE against: Fighting, Dragon Dark.
Not very effective to: Fire Poison Steel.

Defensive:

SE'd by: Poison and Steel.
Resists: Fighting, Dark and Bug.
Immune: Dragon.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive

Super effective on:
Fighting, Dark & Dragon

Not effective on:
Fire, Poison & Steel

Weak to:
Poison & Steel

Resists:
Fighting, Dark & Bug

I can't tell if not effective means they're immune to fairy type moves or they resist it.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Now I just hope Mismagius gets to be fairy type aswell. I'm happy it's not strong against Ghost nor does it resist it.

mankarp

Lol another type resisted by steel and another resistance to bug type :/ Bug has become as bad as grass in terms of offensive. Resisted by 7 types now, just like grass.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic

Super effective on:
Fighting, Dark & Dragon

Not effective on:
Fire, Poison & Steel

Weak to:
Poison & Steel

Resists:
Fighting, Dark & Bug

I have 3 issues with this type chart - anything I don't mention, I think is reasonable. Wonder if there are any amendments not related to Fairy? Hmmm, I am not liking this type chart.

1) Dark is going down under if it is resisted and weak to Dark, and Ghost will certainly be superior if this is true. Ghost will be favoured over Dark.

2) Resists Bug? Really? Bug is already resisted by Ghost, Poison, Fire, Steel, Fighting and Flying. Now it is being resisted by another type? Not good.

3) I would have liked to see aide resisting Fairy. Guess it is staying right at the bottom of the pile, especially now that Fairy would have such a huge boon being immune to Dragon. Who would want to use Ice when its so weak defensively, and there's a new type that is both SE and immune to it? Fairy was always going to have consequences for Ice. Looks like they're negative consequences now, if this is taken to be true. This is not a good day for Ice-type fans....

Flareon Fan

Ace Trainer

Super effective on:
Fighting, Dark & Dragon

Not effective on:
Fire, Poison & Steel

Weak to:
Poison & Steel

Resists:
Fighting, Dark & Bug

Actually serebii says the leaker stated fairy is not effective on either steel or poison, not both. (or i could be misunderstanding what he wrote)

Anyway if this turns out to be true, fairy is really powerful...

Last edited:

Chespin17

Doopliss17/TCMets17
This makes me sick! If Chespin become Grass/Dark, poor Chespin! Dark is getting the shaft, boo!!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
We don't know if there are also changes with other types in the whole type chart... so there could still be some hope...

EDIT: Looks like there are changes... Steel has lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Not a fan of this fairy type chart, if it turns out to be true. It's been long expected but I'm still not comfortable with it.

Dark and dragon are my favorite types so obviously this isn't great news. I can see why they'd want to nerf dragon, but dark? Really??
What does dark have going for it exactly? Sure it only has two weaknesses, but it also only has two strengths. If anything dark needs a boost!

My personal bias aside though, what really bugs me is fairy only being weak to poison and steel. Yes those two types desperately need an offensive boost, but fairy needs a more common weakness as well, now GF pretty much forces you to carry one of these otherwise rather useless offensive moves.

If this is real I'll deal as always, but it's quite an awful type chart to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.