• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obake

Summertime Killer
So I just found out that Fairy is super-effective against Dark, a change that was completely unecessary in my opinon.

sadsableye3dw.gif
Just look how sad Sableye is now that he's useless, GameFreak! Look at it!

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
So I just found out that Fairy is super-effective against Dark, a change that was completely unecessary in my opinon.

View attachment 10308

So Sableye having one weakness makes it useless aaahw.

absolfusion

Soon.......

View attachment 10308

dark, fighting and dragon fomerly only had two weaknesses, with great coverage between them, so it makes sense they would put them together.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Considering how horrible it's stats are, not having any weaknesses was it's only true advantage.

Its defensive stats are not that horrible and its DW ability Prankster is just amazing. Its access to Recover is also amazing.

Leosnake

My favorite types are Dark and Dragon (Ice and Ghost being joint third) and yet I love the new fairy type. Does this make me a bit weird?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
My favorite types are Dark and Dragon (Ice and Ghost being joint third) and yet I love the new fairy type. Does this make me a bit weird?

Well, my headliner in gen V is Hydreigon, and I like Fairy type myself. (Yes, I am completely remaking my team).
I do not find you weird, but accepting of change :p.

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
my favorite types are fairy, psychic and posion, with ice being 4th (mainly due all its weaknesses) and my most hated type is dragon :p

i like the fairy type it right got up to my 3 favorite types :)

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
my favorite types are fairy, psychic and posion, with ice being 4th (mainly due all its weaknesses) and my most hated type is dragon :p

i like the fairy type it right got up to my 3 favorite types :)

I love dragon types, but I also like Fairy types :p. I also love darks, but....yeah. Fairy seems like it will be quite useful for me.

Leosnake

Well, my headliner in gen V is Hydreigon, and I like Fairy type myself. (Yes, I am completely remaking my team).
I do not find you weird, but accepting of change :p.

Yay go fairy xD!

But on a serious note I really don't understand why some people are still hating on the fairy type. And by that I don't mean anyone here on this forum but on places such as YouTube or just on the web in general.

Also you could still use Hydreigon so long as you had a steel or poison type to back him/her up.

Pokemon X is going to be my first outing on Wifi so watch me fail with my pure dark and dragon team :p. Or dark and ice as I feel that would be more fun.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Yay go fairy xD!

But on a serious note I really don't understand why some people are still hating on the fairy type. And by that I don't mean anyone here on this forum but on places such as YouTube or just on the web in general.

Also you could still use Hydreigon so long as you had a steel or poison type to back him/her up.

Pokemon X is going to be my first outing on Wifi so watch me fail with my pure dark and dragon team :p. Or dark and ice as I feel that would be more fun.

Yeah, I like Fairy types.
As for Hydreigon, I could keep it, with its 5 weaknesses, including a x4 from Fairy, or I could go with....say....Garchomp, with nearly half the weaknesses....But yes, I suppose I could keep it.
Yeah, go dark and dragon!

Leosnake

Yeah, I like Fairy types.
As for Hydreigon, I could keep it, with its 5 weaknesses, including a x4 from Fairy, or I could go with....say....Garchomp, with nearly half the weaknesses....But yes, I suppose I could keep it.
Yeah, go dark and dragon!

Good point. And I just had a thought fire resists fairy yes? So what does this mean when trying to use a fairy type to take out the legendary known as Reshiram? Since I have a feeling this is one legendary dragon we will be seeing a lot off if people also think along those lines.

And dark and dragon it is. And fairy and ice for the lolz xD.

Obake

Summertime Killer
Its defensive stats are not that horrible and its DW ability Prankster is just amazing. Its access to Recover is also amazing.
I can agree that Prankster is really good, but its 50/75/65 defenses are hardly impressive. Also, due to its mediocre defenses, it will hardly have the time to use Recover.

Still, this is about more than Sableye, this is about the entire Dark-type getting shanked.

Leosnake

I can agree that Prankster is really good, but its 50/75/65 defenses are hardly impressive. Also, due to its mediocre defenses, it will hardly have the time to use Recover.

Still, this is about more than Sableye, this is about the entire Dark-type getting shanked.
I don't know I think Houndoom might not put up with the fairies since it can also learn poison type moves. And both Skuntank and Drapion might see more play now as far as dark types go due to their duel poison type. Bisharp too due to being duel steel.

Plus Ghosts have become more powerful due to steel losing it's ghost resistance so a good dark type might still be needed for the likes of Gengar. Plus they are still immune to psychic types.

Last edited:

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I don't know I think Houndoom might not put up with the fairies since it can also learn poison type moves. And both Skuntank and Drapion might see more play now as far as dark types go due to their duel poison type. Bisharp too due to being duel steel.

I have tried both Drapion and Bisharp, and they have both worked out well. They are not in my tentatively planned team currently, but that may change.

regidude

Frontier Conqueror
What a coincidence....I was talking about balancing the grass type yesterday...and now grass types are immune to sleep powder, spore, stun spore etc :D This is really great, now people will actually start using grass types more.

I am still very upset that ices types have NO DEFENCE BOOST in hail :(. In fact there is really nothing notable about ice types.....I hope ice types get a sleep powder move that freezes the pokemon instantly....I think then people will start using ice types more. Come on Gamefreak make it happen because you didn't give them any resistances so this MAKES SENSE.

Last edited:
What a coincidence....I was talking about balancing the grass type yesterday...and now grass types are immune to sleep powder, spore, stun spore etc This is really great, now people will actually start using grass types more.

I am still very upset that ices types have NO DEFENCE BOOST in hail . In fact there is really nothing notable about ice types.....I hope ice types get a sleep powder move that freezes the pokemon instantly....I think then people will start using ice types more. Come on Gamefreak make it happen because you didn't give them any resistances so this MAKES SENSE.

Fairy is strong against dragon, dark and fighting, while ice is still one of the best attack types. Not to mention lots of pokemon get ice type moves already, which I doubt can be said about fairy type moves

regidude

Frontier Conqueror
Fairy is strong against dragon, dark and fighting, while ice is still one of the best attack types. Not to mention lots of pokemon get ice type moves already, which I doubt can be said about fairy type moves

I meant ice type pokemon....not ice type moves. No one uses ice type pokemon...everyone uses water type pokemon with ice beam....I want ice type pokemon to be more used.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
What a coincidence....I was talking about balancing the grass type yesterday...and now grass types are immune to sleep powder, spore, stun spore etc :D This is really great, now people will actually start using grass types more.

I am still very upset that ices types have NO DEFENCE BOOST in hail :(. In fact there is really nothing notable about ice types.....I hope ice types get a sleep powder move that freezes the pokemon instantly....I think then people will start using ice types more. Come on Gamefreak make it happen because you didn't give them any resistances so this MAKES SENSE.

There might be other stuff they haven't revealed yet. Be patient, Ice types might still get something.

For all we know, Ice Beam might have 30% percent chance to freeze when used by an Ice type, and they introduce an Ice/Fairy type with Serene Grace. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.