• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy Jon

While on the subject of Celebi, what about MegaMawile? If its defenses are increased to a good amount, do you think it may end up in OU?

Let's trade away Psychic, Celebi now has access to STAB Grass and STAB Fairy, which grants it SE STAB hits on Rock, Ground, Water, Fighting(not new), Dark, and Dragon. It has HP Fire for Steel types(Or Earth Power). Went from 7 weaknesses to 4 and more resistances + an immunity. Would Celebi make a decent counter to Kyogre then? Of course, there's ice beam to look out for.

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
Celebi would still be weak to fire if it were a Grass/Fairy.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Fire/Flying with Drought allows Charizard to use Solarbeam, which Levitate wouldn't complement; it would take reduced damage from water type moves, and get a boost in its fire type moves. Drought is a more team oriented ability than Levitate is, and other Pokemon can benefit from it. Fire/Flying may not be better defensively, but it is still great offensively. Although it'd offer unresisted coverage, levitate doesn't offer much team play.

Off topic: I never stated that werewolves were considered Fairies, but I may be mistaking the creature I'm speaking of for a werewolf.

Solarbeam isn't necessarily a huge deal considering you're relying on your opponent to not manipulate the weather (I'm also expecting Rain to be overcentralizing in Gen VI considering how powerful the weather is, as well as the supporting Pokemon). And any move that relies on your opponent to keep your sun, AND requires a turn to be charged if not under sun makes it a pretty mediocre move IMO.

You're implying that any ability that isn't team oriented is bad to have: Sheer Force, Huge Power, Technician, Moxie, and Serene Grace are examples of individual-oriented abilities that are amazing to have. I'm not saying that Levitate is part of those great abilities, but let's not overrate Drought by saying that team-oriented > individual-oriented. Also, seeing how Levitate cancels out its Ground weakness, I'd say that it's pretty helpful (only negative being that Mold Breaker negates it). Fire/Dragon provides extremely better offensive coverage than Fire/Flying would, and has less defensive worries than Fire/Flying.

Fairy Jon

Solarbeam isn't necessarily a huge deal considering you're relying on your opponent to not manipulate the weather (I'm also expecting Rain to be overcentralizing in Gen VI considering how powerful the weather is, as well as the supporting Pokemon). And any move that relies on your opponent to keep your sun, AND requires a turn to be charged if not under sun makes it a pretty mediocre move IMO.

You're implying that any ability that isn't team oriented is bad to have: Sheer Force, Huge Power, Technician, Moxie, and Serene Grace are examples of individual-oriented abilities that are amazing to have. I'm not saying that Levitate is part of those great abilities, but let's not overrate Drought by saying that team-oriented > individual-oriented. Also, seeing how Levitate cancels out its Ground weakness, I'd say that it's pretty helpful (only negative being that Mold Breaker negates it). Fire/Dragon provides extremely better offensive coverage than Fire/Flying would, and has less defensive worries than Fire/Flying.

I never implied that any ability that isn't team oriented is bad to have. I simply stated that compared to Drought, Levitate is lackluster for Charizard specifically to have in my opinion. The individual oriented abilities you listed aren't relevant to the discussion we were having about MegaCharizard(Huge Power MegaZard would have been interesting). As it stands, I will just concede.

msiew10

if you have dragon vs dragon fight, it is kinda like quick draw, who is able to fire off the first draco meteor wins.

Flareon Fan

Ace Trainer
if you have dragon vs dragon fight, it is kinda like quick draw, who is able to fire off the first draco meteor wins.

Haha yea, who gets the first draco or outrage wins.
Although, what is the point you are making? 0.o (not trying to be rude, just wondering?)

sunny phoenix

Assumptions aren't reasonable because they're assumptions. Speculation is reasonable. Not to mention earlier you stated that the eeveelutions were all in OU 'cept Glaceon, which isn't true; only Espeon and Vaporeon are in OU, and that's because of their DW abilities. Glaceon isn't in OU because it has a lackluster movepool, lackluster ability and lackluster speed. If Glaceon had Jolteon's speed + the stats it has now, a more useful ability and it'd be pretty great. All of its weaknesses are covered by Gliscor.

The ice type is lackluster defensively, but offensively, they're very rewarding to use (granted they have the stats to allow them to be rewarding). The type could still use some resistances(electric and water wouldn't hurt), but it's just horrible defensively.

lol speculations and assuptions are kind of the same thing, anyway if i used the word wrong then i am sorry i meant speculation, anyway my post was quite reasonable so.....

yes i said most eeveelutions are ou and it true dude, vaporeon, jolteon., espeon, umbreon. 4 out of 7 is most and its not because of their DW ability, what are u talking about........ (leafeon could do good in a sunny team though even in OU) glaceon isnt ou because of its speed and type, because its type doesnt forgive easily low speeds, duh!! that was my point!! that ice type is really bad that it only works if u ahve very very good stats, and even then your counters are many many many.....

thats why people believe that fairy will replace ice, cause fairy is going to do what u need ice to do but they are going to be safer choice and overall better choice..... u hardly see ice types in OU, what u see is pkmn with ice types moces.... fairy will be able to deal with 2 of the most op types out there, one being the bigest advantage of icee (dragon), while their weaknesses are rare.... on the other hand ice lost its advantage over the other types and the rest of his strengths are eaily covered by other types ....

p.s know its an old post but i didnt saw it untill today... XD

Last edited:

Leosnake

I have tried both Drapion and Bisharp, and they have both worked out well. They are not in my tentatively planned team currently, but that may change.

Great I will keep them in mind then.

And going back on topic am I the only one that wants to see a Ghost/Fairy type? Not Dark/Fairy so much because I don't think that would make sense but a Ghost/Fairy would be coll for making another dark looking fairy.

Aetius

Great I will keep them in mind then.

And going back on topic am I the only one that wants to see a Ghost/Fairy type? Not Dark/Fairy so much because I don't think that would make sense but a Ghost/Fairy would be coll for making another dark looking fairy.

Do you think that a dark/fairy goblin wouldn't make sense? XD
About the ghost/fairy one, I hope that Mismagius will be retyped as such, or at least a new pokemon introduced.

Leosnake

Do you think that a dark/fairy goblin wouldn't make sense? XD
About the ghost/fairy one, I hope that Mismagius will be retyped as such, or at least a new pokemon introduced.

Oh yes it would but just not in terms of typing and game balance. At least not this gen anyway maby next one. The reason being it would loose its fairy weakness by becoming part fairy, gain a second immunity (Dragon and Psychic), Both its Bug and Fighting weakness would be nulled out to neutral due to fairy being resistant to them (please correct me if I am wrong). Also it would gain stab against Fighting, same with other Dark types, Dragon, Psychic and Ghost (which Dark also resists).

Edit: I agree with Mismagius though since she reminds me of a witch from fairy tales.

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
Fairy Type Retcons

Okie pokey, this is just my two sense. (Note: wall of text. I expect a lot of, "LOL, didn't read!" responses.)

First of all, let me just point out that this is NOT my personal wish list. I estimate that 75% of you will skip this paragraph and immediately read my list and reply, "RAAAARGGH! *rage face* ASHDJJAHASKAHAJ YOUR WISHLIST IS STUPID, RAAAAAARGH ASDJLKAJLDKSLAL!!one 1" *more rage face*

These are all explained via an assumption of GameFreak logic, NOT. I repeat, NOT my list of what I want.

Okay, first, they are grouped by what I assume are their probabilities of happening.

Probably

Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable - Fairy
• Very obvious reasoning. The whole line screams moon/fairy/magic/unknown powers that are radically different from Normal types (rodents, deer, sloths, a random Kecleon) and other non-mysterious power-affiliated creatures. I forgot Dunsparce. But so did you.

Happiny, Chansey, Blissey - Fairy
• Like. Come on. Another blatantly obvious creature that demonstrates abilities different from Normal types. Blissey's got wings on its back. So there's that.

Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss - Fairy, Fairy/Flying
• Not that the TV series is 100% canon, but they can float around in a mysterious Mirage Kingdom and are the iconic little, "what the heck are you?" magical creature that isn't your everyday mammalian thingy. Like. Come on.

Misdreavus, Mismagius - Ghost/Fairy
• It's been mentioned many times that these ghosts have magic spells and a have a witch hat design. Not that I have anything against pure Ghosts, it just feels like this line is a high candidate for Fairy typing.

Swablu, Altaria - Fairy/Flying
• I really, really feel like GameFreak had Fairy type in mind when designing these guys. Not that they couldn't be Dragon type, but I always felt like Altaria would be the wallflower at the Dragon prom. No, Dragon types don't all have to be scaly, but I felt like they were trying to evoke magical abilities back in the day, but didn't know how to type it, so just said, "...well...we'll make it a Dragon type later, but for now, just keep it at Normal, I guess..."

Milotic - Water/Fairy
• For taking forever just to find (if it's not a nature that favors Beauty crap, i just throw it back) and then making me have to force feed it PokéBlock until it evolves, it better be kick*ss. Nope. Just pure Water. ASDFJKJSJDJAK. It's serene appearance and aura should now say, "I'm immune to Dragons as your reward!"

Zoroark - Dark/Fairy
• Don't get me wrong. This is my favorite Pokémon. And I'd much rather like it to stay pure Dark, but it really does fit the definition of a dark fairy creature. Creating illusions of itself is definitely something of magical proportions. Plus, it's hard to get (I didn't play Black/White 2) and was practically the mascot for the 5th generation. It just makes more sense, now. And in the movies, it spoke with telepathy. Which is psychic in nature, but I could get over the cognitive dissonance by giving it Fairy typing.

Celebi - Fairy/Grass
• The iconic forest fairy. I don't have to explain this. Not one psychic power demonstrated. Unless time travel is now achieved through thinking really hard.

Jirachi - Steel/Fairy
• Comets. And more space magic than Mass Effect 3's original ending. Granting wishes seems more magical than psychic. Wakes every few hundred years. That's got to be the strangest life.

Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf - Psychic/Fairy
• These three seem to blur the line between Psychic and Fairy. It would make sense as to how they could control the legendary dragons that helped make the universe possible by being immune to them.

Cresselia - Psychic/Fairy
• Again, with the obvious moon theme.

Phione/Manaphy - Water/Fairy
• I really don't think this thing ever showed off any real powers. No levitating or psychic crap. Just mostly a lot of swimming and May running after it. But, it's the prince of the sea or whatever. And it can breed a deformed army of itself. So that can be fun or whatever.

Shaymin (Land Forme) - Grass/Fairy
• Makes a lot of sense for it to have magic abilities that can make flowers bloom. And fits the painful, "cutesy thing," stereotype. But, I like it.

Victini - Fairy/Fire
• I'm a bit torn. I keep seeing Fennekin/Braixen and thinking, "whoa, cool! A Fire/Psychic type! We've never had that befo- oh. Victini." Again. Demonstration of floaty powers, but no obvious source. The energy that it had inside itself seemed more akin to actual magic, so Fairy typing would make more sense.

Meloetta - Fairy/Psychic and Fairy/Fighting
• Another obvious magic creature that just seems like they had no idea what to give it other than Normal type. In the anime, it turns invisible and floats. If that's not magic, I give up on Pokémon physics. I'll join Glalie and just give up on gravity.

Maybe

Ninetales - Fire/Fairy
• According to legends, it lives for a thousand years. Not that I would bank on legends, but something about it just seems like it could use the magic definitiveness. Many times we see it, they always throw the, "don't know what's happening, here," gimmick at us. Personally, I'd rather it just get a Fire/Ghost evolution and make my life complete.

Arcanine - Fire/Fairy
• It is called the Legendary Pokémon for some reason. I think it makes sense for it to get some unique typing to account for it. I mean...it was featured on the stone tablet, along with the Bird Trio. In my own opinion, it's already drooled over enough, but it would just make it a reasonable explanation of the big deal behind it.

Dunsparce - Fairy or Normal/Fairy
• Like. I don't even know what to do with this thing. I actually like the design, but I'd rather blow my time on painkillers than catch one of these things. It has the fairy wings. Not that it means anything, but it would give this bad boy a reason for me to willingly go into Zubat h*ll and beg for a swarm or bank on my good luck to find it.

Bellossom - Grass/Fairy
• It always just seemed weird that Gloom lost a typing when it evolved. No real magical elements demonstrated, but then again, when was the last time your Lv. 10 Marill took a Garchomp Dragon Tail to the face and brushed it off?

Skitty, Delcatty - Normal/Fairy
• I don't really even think they deserve a Fairy typing. I like them, but I just think no. But it wouldn't be completely crazy.

Audino - Fairy
• Like the dioecious (and therefore not as gender-questionable) divergent evolution cousin of the Chansey family. Just with bigger ears where the "fullness" would be. Healing theme somehow says, "magical!" I suppose.

Whimsicott - Grass/Fairy
• This one is based off of its descriptions, flavor texts, and inspiration but it comes from the fairy sheep thing that floats around and pranks people.

Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle - Psychic/Fairy
• I'm posing this one because of the whole space theme. They stare into space and otherwise look vegetative most of the time, which is somehow connected to them receiving signals from the mothership or something like that. I could see it going the way of Gardevoir.

Mew - Psychic/Fairy
• Meh. I really don't see this happening, but it could. No real comments. Just the original cutesy sprite/fairy/floaty tiny legendary mammalian thing. Represent.

Unlikely

Mime Jr./Mr. Mime - Psychic/Fairy
• Not incredibly farfetched (Gen 1 reference joke...both are trade-only...never mind...) to believe tha it could end up this way. Never really showed many psychic abilities, mostly just did weird stuff on the anime. It's famous for creating invisible barriers and guarding against all sorts of stuff. Wouldn't be too weird to imagine it protecting itself against Dragon powers.

Unown - Fairy or Psychic/Fairy
• Again, this little guy. Guys. Alphabet Soup...never really showed any psychic abilities off. Just has the randomly assigned Hidden Power (which I assume will now have to accommodate Fairy type) which kind of screams magic more than psychic, but whatever. These things are weird.

Snubbull/Granbull - Normal/Fairy
• I mean, if Jigglypuff gets to be magical, then the "Fairy Pokémon," better get the type, right?

Lunatone & Solrock - Rock/Fairy
• I'd hate to burst the bubble of Liza and Tate, but with Moonblast and space fairies, it's hard to say that these floating rocks are more psionic than they could be space magic...rocks...

Volbeat & Illumise - Bug/Fairy
• It always bugged me (Yes. Bad puns.) that these two never really did anything other than be useless. They have separate genders. Big deal. I just think that they might be weak, but giving them Fairy typing would make them slightly more appealing. Even though hitting them with my shoulder heating pads would cause them to faint. Maybe someone would find them more interesting. (Hoenn reboot, anyone?)

Chingling/Chimecho - Fairy or Psychic/Fairy
• I'm actually sort of surprised that no one thought of these little guys would be good candidates. Again, they're more Psychic types that demonstrated very little psychic abilities. But it's probably because they're one of the many forgettable creatures that could use a boost.

Snorunt/Glalie - Ice/Fairy
• Doesn't it bother anyone else that the levitating ice and rock ball is just floating around? Like. I know it's Pokémon physics, but really. This is absurd. A secondary Fairy typing would make it a large target for a Bullet Punch to the face, but it would just make a little more sense than, "yeah, that little snow sprite just decided that gravity was sooo last century."

Luvdisc - Water/Fairy
• I'm not a fan of giving it a Fairy type, but there seems to be a theme of giving forgettable creatures a boost (in my interpretation of GF logic.) I could see it happening. Still really wouldn't care, either way.

Cherrim - Grass/Fairy
• This thing is like a weird little gimmicky weather form creature that is somewhat cute. Kind of fits the body type for one grouping of Fairy type prerequisites, I suppose. Largely unmemorable. Would likely be the cute thing you keep in your car when it's sunny out and would pet once in a while, but you'd quickly lose interest and it'd die of starvation in your backseat.

Cryogonal - Ice/Fairy
• Honestly, I don't even want this thing to get a second typing, but it could see it. It just seems like it would explain the giant floating snowflake that apparently is highly carnivorous within its territory. But maybe that's just my, "why are you floating?" bias speaking.

Darkrai - Dark/Fairy
• I really don't know if simply being a Dark type means it can become my personal nightmare fuel. It just seems like some sort of magical abilities are at play. Plus, it's a nice duo combination with Cresselia.

Now, here they are, grouped by, "theme." I also threw the confirmed Fairy types in there for reference.

Emotion/Healing/Calming
• Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
• Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss
• Swablu/Altaria
• Milotic
• Luvdisc
• Audino

General Magic/Illusion
• Ninetales
• Misdreavus/Mismagius
• Celebi
• Shaymin
• Zoroark
• Victini
• Meloetta
• Spritzee (plague doctor)

Sterotype Threats
• Mew
• Celebi
• Jirachi
• Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
• Phione/Manaphy
• Shaymin
• Victini
• Flabébé

Moon/Space Magic
• Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
• Lunatone & Solrock
• Jirachi
• Cresselia
• Darkrai
• Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle

Legend/Magical Inspiration
• Ninetales (kyūbi; insert Naruto reference!)
• Arcanine (shīsā or koma inu or haetae)
• Dunsparce (tsuchinoko)
• Unown
• Gardevoir (medieval maiden)
• Mawile (futakuchi onna)
• Chingling/Chimecho (suzu)
• Snorunt (zashiki warashi)
• Whimsicott
• Xerneas (Cyrenian hind?)

Floaty Things/Cutesy Creatures/I'm Too Lazy to Categorize
• Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
• Mime Jr./Mr. Mime
• Unown
• Bellossom
• Snubbull/Granbull
• Skitty/Delcatty
• Volbeat & Illumise
• Chingling/Chimecho
• Glalie
• Cherrim
• Cryogonal
• Sylveon
• Swirlix
• Dedenne

And...that's what I think

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Fairy Type Retcons

Okie pokey, this is just my two sense. (Note: wall of text. I expect a lot of, "LOL, didn't read!" responses.)

First of all, let me just point out that this is NOT my personal wish list. I estimate that 75% of you will skip this paragraph and immediately read my list and reply, "RAAAARGGH! *rage face* ASHDJJAHASKAHAJ YOUR WISHLIST IS STUPID, RAAAAAARGH ASDJLKAJLDKSLAL!!one 1" *more rage face*

These are all explained via an assumption of GameFreak logic, NOT. I repeat, NOT my list of what I want.

Okay, first, they are grouped by what I assume are their probabilities of happening.

Probably

• Very obvious reasoning. The whole line screams moon/fairy/magic/unknown powers that are radically different from Normal types (rodents, deer, sloths, a random Kecleon) and other non-mysterious power-affiliated creatures. I forgot Dunsparce. But so did you.

• Like. Come on. Another blatantly obvious creature that demonstrates abilities different from Normal types. Blissey's got wings on its back. So there's that.

Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss - Fairy, Fairy/Flying
• Not that the TV series is 100% canon, but they can float around in a mysterious Mirage Kingdom and are the iconic little, "what the heck are you?" magical creature that isn't your everyday mammalian thingy. Like. Come on.

Misdreavus, Mismagius - Ghost/Fairy
• It's been mentioned many times that these ghosts have magic spells and a have a witch hat design. Not that I have anything against pure Ghosts, it just feels like this line is a high candidate for Fairy typing.

Swablu, Altaria - Fairy/Flying
• I really, really feel like GameFreak had Fairy type in mind when designing these guys. Not that they couldn't be Dragon type, but I always felt like Altaria would be the wallflower at the Dragon prom. No, Dragon types don't all have to be scaly, but I felt like they were trying to evoke magical abilities back in the day, but didn't know how to type it, so just said, "...well...we'll make it a Dragon type later, but for now, just keep it at Normal, I guess..."

Milotic - Water/Fairy
• For taking forever just to find (if it's not a nature that favors Beauty crap, i just throw it back) and then making me have to force feed it PokéBlock until it evolves, it better be kick*ss. Nope. Just pure Water. ASDFJKJSJDJAK. It's serene appearance and aura should now say, "I'm immune to Dragons as your reward!"

Zoroark - Dark/Fairy
• Don't get me wrong. This is my favorite Pokémon. And I'd much rather like it to stay pure Dark, but it really does fit the definition of a dark fairy creature. Creating illusions of itself is definitely something of magical proportions. Plus, it's hard to get (I didn't play Black/White 2) and was practically the mascot for the 5th generation. It just makes more sense, now. And in the movies, it spoke with telepathy. Which is psychic in nature, but I could get over the cognitive dissonance by giving it Fairy typing.

Celebi - Fairy/Grass
• The iconic forest fairy. I don't have to explain this. Not one psychic power demonstrated. Unless time travel is now achieved through thinking really hard.

Jirachi - Steel/Fairy
• Comets. And more space magic than Mass Effect 3's original ending. Granting wishes seems more magical than psychic. Wakes every few hundred years. That's got to be the strangest life.

Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf - Psychic/Fairy
• These three seem to blur the line between Psychic and Fairy. It would make sense as to how they could control the legendary dragons that helped make the universe possible by being immune to them.

Cresselia - Psychic/Fairy
• Again, with the obvious moon theme.

Phione/Manaphy - Water/Fairy
• I really don't think this thing ever showed off any real powers. No levitating or psychic crap. Just mostly a lot of swimming and May running after it. But, it's the prince of the sea or whatever. And it can breed a deformed army of itself. So that can be fun or whatever.

Shaymin (Land Forme) - Grass/Fairy
• Makes a lot of sense for it to have magic abilities that can make flowers bloom. And fits the painful, "cutesy thing," stereotype. But, I like it.

Victini - Fairy/Fire
• I'm a bit torn. I keep seeing Fennekin/Braixen and thinking, "whoa, cool! A Fire/Psychic type! We've never had that befo- oh. Victini." Again. Demonstration of floaty powers, but no obvious source. The energy that it had inside itself seemed more akin to actual magic, so Fairy typing would make more sense.

Meloetta - Fairy/Psychic and Fairy/Fighting
• Another obvious magic creature that just seems like they had no idea what to give it other than Normal type. In the anime, it turns invisible and floats. If that's not magic, I give up on Pokémon physics. I'll join Glalie and just give up on gravity.

Maybe

Ninetales - Fire/Fairy
• According to legends, it lives for a thousand years. Not that I would bank on legends, but something about it just seems like it could use the magic definitiveness. Many times we see it, they always throw the, "don't know what's happening, here," gimmick at us. Personally, I'd rather it just get a Fire/Ghost evolution and make my life complete.

Arcanine - Fire/Fairy
• It is called the Legendary Pokémon for some reason. I think it makes sense for it to get some unique typing to account for it. I mean...it was featured on the stone tablet, along with the Bird Trio. In my own opinion, it's already drooled over enough, but it would just make it a reasonable explanation of the big deal behind it.

Dunsparce - Fairy or Normal/Fairy
• Like. I don't even know what to do with this thing. I actually like the design, but I'd rather blow my time on painkillers than catch one of these things. It has the fairy wings. Not that it means anything, but it would give this bad boy a reason for me to willingly go into Zubat h*ll and beg for a swarm or bank on my good luck to find it.

Bellossom - Grass/Fairy
• It always just seemed weird that Gloom lost a typing when it evolved. No real magical elements demonstrated, but then again, when was the last time your Lv. 10 Marill took a Garchomp Dragon Tail to the face and brushed it off?

Skitty, Delcatty - Normal/Fairy
• I don't really even think they deserve a Fairy typing. I like them, but I just think no. But it wouldn't be completely crazy.

Audino - Fairy
• Like the dioecious (and therefore not as gender-questionable) divergent evolution cousin of the Chansey family. Just with bigger ears where the "fullness" would be. Healing theme somehow says, "magical!" I suppose.

Whimsicott - Grass/Fairy
• This one is based off of its descriptions, flavor texts, and inspiration but it comes from the fairy sheep thing that floats around and pranks people.

Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle - Psychic/Fairy
• I'm posing this one because of the whole space theme. They stare into space and otherwise look vegetative most of the time, which is somehow connected to them receiving signals from the mothership or something like that. I could see it going the way of Gardevoir.

Mew - Psychic/Fairy
• Meh. I really don't see this happening, but it could. No real comments. Just the original cutesy sprite/fairy/floaty tiny legendary mammalian thing. Represent.

Unlikely

Mime Jr./Mr. Mime - Psychic/Fairy
• Not incredibly farfetched (Gen 1 reference joke...both are trade-only...never mind...) to believe tha it could end up this way. Never really showed many psychic abilities, mostly just did weird stuff on the anime. It's famous for creating invisible barriers and guarding against all sorts of stuff. Wouldn't be too weird to imagine it protecting itself against Dragon powers.

Unown - Fairy or Psychic/Fairy
• Again, this little guy. Guys. Alphabet Soup...never really showed any psychic abilities off. Just has the randomly assigned Hidden Power (which I assume will now have to accommodate Fairy type) which kind of screams magic more than psychic, but whatever. These things are weird.

Snubbull/Granbull - Normal/Fairy
• I mean, if Jigglypuff gets to be magical, then the "Fairy Pokémon," better get the type, right?

Lunatone & Solrock - Rock/Fairy
• I'd hate to burst the bubble of Liza and Tate, but with Moonblast and space fairies, it's hard to say that these floating rocks are more psionic than they could be space magic...rocks...

Volbeat & Illumise - Bug/Fairy
• It always bugged me (Yes. Bad puns.) that these two never really did anything other than be useless. They have separate genders. Big deal. I just think that they might be weak, but giving them Fairy typing would make them slightly more appealing. Even though hitting them with my shoulder heating pads would cause them to faint. Maybe someone would find them more interesting. (Hoenn reboot, anyone?)

Chingling/Chimecho - Fairy or Psychic/Fairy
• I'm actually sort of surprised that no one thought of these little guys would be good candidates. Again, they're more Psychic types that demonstrated very little psychic abilities. But it's probably because they're one of the many forgettable creatures that could use a boost.

Snorunt/Glalie - Ice/Fairy
• Doesn't it bother anyone else that the levitating ice and rock ball is just floating around? Like. I know it's Pokémon physics, but really. This is absurd. A secondary Fairy typing would make it a large target for a Bullet Punch to the face, but it would just make a little more sense than, "yeah, that little snow sprite just decided that gravity was sooo last century."

Luvdisc - Water/Fairy
• I'm not a fan of giving it a Fairy type, but there seems to be a theme of giving forgettable creatures a boost (in my interpretation of GF logic.) I could see it happening. Still really wouldn't care, either way.

Cherrim - Grass/Fairy
• This thing is like a weird little gimmicky weather form creature that is somewhat cute. Kind of fits the body type for one grouping of Fairy type prerequisites, I suppose. Largely unmemorable. Would likely be the cute thing you keep in your car when it's sunny out and would pet once in a while, but you'd quickly lose interest and it'd die of starvation in your backseat.

Cryogonal - Ice/Fairy
• Honestly, I don't even want this thing to get a second typing, but it could see it. It just seems like it would explain the giant floating snowflake that apparently is highly carnivorous within its territory. But maybe that's just my, "why are you floating?" bias speaking.

Darkrai - Dark/Fairy
• I really don't know if simply being a Dark type means it can become my personal nightmare fuel. It just seems like some sort of magical abilities are at play. Plus, it's a nice duo combination with Cresselia.

Now, here they are, grouped by, "theme." I also threw the confirmed Fairy types in there for reference.

Emotion/Healing/Calming
• Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
• Swablu/Altaria
• Milotic
• Luvdisc
• Audino

General Magic/Illusion
• Ninetales
• Misdreavus/Mismagius
• Celebi
• Shaymin
• Zoroark
• Victini
• Meloetta

Sterotype Threats
• Mew
• Celebi
• Jirachi
• Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf
• Phione/Manaphy
• Shaymin
• Victini
• Flabébé

Moon/Space Magic
• Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable
• Lunatone & Solrock
• Jirachi
• Cresselia
• Darkrai
• Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle

Legend/Magical Inspiration
• Ninetales (kyūbi; insert Naruto reference!)
• Arcanine (shīsā or koma inu or haetae)
• Dunsparce (tsuchinoko)
• Unown
• Gardevoir (medieval maiden)
• Mawile (futakuchi onna)
• Chingling/Chimecho (suzu)
• Snorunt (zashiki warashi)
• Whimsicott
• Xerneas (Cyrenian hind?)

Floaty Things/Cutesy Creatures/I'm Too Lazy to Categorize
• Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
• Mime Jr./Mr. Mime
• Unown
• Bellossom
• Snubbull/Granbull
• Skitty/Delcatty
• Volbeat & Illumise
• Chingling/Chimecho
• Glalie
• Cherrim
• Cryogonal
• Sylveon
• Swirlix
• Dedenne

And...that's what I think

And you bring up a lot of good points. i don't see Arcanine being Fire/fairy either. What you said makes sense but i just don't like the idea of Arcanine getting a second type: he always seemed Pure Fire for me. I agree Clefairy is a given to be retyped.

Hasty

Moonside
Longest post Hasty Jynx has ever seen on Serebiiforums
I didn't read everything exactly :)D), but I think that Snubbul/Granbull are actually very likey to become Fairy or Normal/Fairy.
Also I think it's unlikey but possible that Milotic and the "Regional Pixie's" get Fairy. But I can't really see any of Zoroark, Cresselia, Shaymin or Meloetta getting Fairy.
Cryogonal is troll. :D

confuser987

Probably

Even though I still think they will be dual types. I wish they were mono fairy types. That way, they can wall fighting types. I don't use either pokemon, but I want to encounter less fighting pokemon when I battle.

Also, did you intentionly leave out Rapidash (unicorn based) retyping?

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
The only reason I left out Rapidash was because it had as much magical power demonstration as a sleeping Marill. It may be based off a unicorn, but I was hesitant to say anything about it. It would be in a sub category of Unlikely. Like..."The Only Reason This Thing Would Be Fairy Is Because It Poops Rainbows."

Also, if you think about it, three two-stage Fire/Fairy families in one generation is pretty much overkill.

confuser987

The only reason I left out Rapidash was because it had as much magical power demonstration as a sleeping Marill. It may be based off a unicorn, but I was hesitant to say anything about it. It would be in a sub category of Unlikely. Like..."The Only Reason This Thing Would Be Fairy Is Because It Poops Rainbows."

Also, if you think about it, three two-stage Fire/Fairy families in one generation is pretty much overkill.

Having both Arcanine and Rapidash retypings is pretty much overkill. However, I think Arcanine and Rapidash could just take the Megavolution to get a retyping. Like how Mawile only get fairy typing through megavolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.