• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Having both Arcanine and Rapidash retypings is pretty much overkill. However, I think Arcanine and Rapidash could just take the Megavolution to get a retyping. Like how Mawile only get fairy typing through megavolution.

Uh its stated that Normal Mawile has the fairy typing too? The only one who adds a Typing through Mega Evolution is Ampharaos (as far as we know-its never been stated that normal Ampharoas doesn't have it too)

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
Uh its stated that Normal Mawile has the fairy typing too? The only one who adds a Typing through Mega Evolution is Ampharaos (as far as we know-its never been stated that normal Ampharoas doesn't have it too)

Yes, which is why my...analysis...kind of covers possible Mega Evolution changes. I guess. Retrospect.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Actually, the English website makes it a point that Ampharos gains Dragon type with Mega Evolution...

That's what he is talking about. This discussion got started talking about Mawille gaining Fairy type upon Mega Evolving. I mentioned that normal Mawillie gets Fairy and he wrote back that he meant to say Ampharos gains Dragon upon Mega Evolving.

Kingudora

My favourite
Everyone who are confused about Altaria's Dragon/Flying typing and want to change it Fairy instead probably don't know what is based of:

"Altaria is likely based on Peng, Chinese legendary birds of enormous size, said to travel 3000 li in one flap of their mighty, cloud-like wings. They're often portrayed as having a dragon's head and whiskers."

In short, Chinese draconic birds.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Everyone who are confused about Altaria's Dragon/Flying typing and want to change it Fairy instead probably don't know what is based of:

"Altaria is likely based on Peng, Chinese legendary birds of enormous size, said to travel 3000 li in one flap of their mighty, cloud-like wings. They're often portrayed as having a dragon's head and whiskers."

In short, Chinese draconic birds.

Oh cool. I never knew that. Honsetly I though Altaria looked dragon because it looked kind of Dragon like. But its cool to know hte story behind it. (we assume)

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
hmm a page ago i saw someone posting some posible fairy pokemon.. i do agree on some, though i think not too many pokemon will be retyped.. the only few i really would like to get a 2nd type are ninetales its such a gracefull pokemon and well i could see it happen and rapidash (pegasus) because we always wanted a pegasus pokemon but i dont feel like a flying type would fit it.. fairy much more

Kingudora

My favourite
Oh cool. I never knew that. Honsetly I though Altaria looked dragon because it looked kind of Dragon like. But its cool to know hte story behind it. (we assume)

There other small things to it as well, such as its japanese name Tyltalis containing "Tyl", one of the stars in the Draco constellation. But Game Freak have never outright said what it's based of, as they haven't with most Pokemon.

I kinda wish Altaria had whiskers like the Peng, would be cool I think.

I think we will have about 35-40 Fairy type Pokemon, about the same amount Dragon and Ghost will have in generation VI. But I wouldn't mind about 45-50 Fairy-type Pokemon.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Even though I still think they will be dual types. I wish they were mono fairy types. That way, they can wall fighting types. I don't use either pokemon, but I want to encounter less fighting pokemon when I battle.

How does this make any sense? Just because you don't want to encounter more fighting types doesn't mean that it justifies the type change.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I still have no idea why Fairy resists Bug...nothing I've researched supports the reason. Classic GameFreak I have to assume. If anything, feels like they wanted to make Gardevoir usable by negating two of it's weaknesses, though it gained one

Fairy Jon

How does this make any sense? Just because you don't want to encounter more fighting types doesn't mean that it justifies the type change.

I don't think confuser987's comment about wanting to encounter less fighting types was a justification for changing the mentioned Pokemon to mono fairy; it reads more like wishful thinking.

I wonder if GameFreak will show a Western Fairy (equip with insect-like wings).

Wick55uk

Ranger
I'm wondering how would I evolve my evee into a fairy type ? Anyone think it might be via stone, incense, females only, some special area or a certain move ?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm wondering how would I evolve my evee into a fairy type ? Anyone think it might be via stone, incense, females only, some special area or a certain move ?
Can't be fem only, because the Eevee species itself has only a 25% chance of being female. It could be stone (likeliest), certain move would be cool though it would have to be something early because of Espeon and Umbreon (the whole friendship thing) and special area isn't so special anymore with Glaceon and Leafeon (then again stone is used to death too)...who knows, maybe it's one of those new evolution's the leak kept talking about

Ditto24

It won't be female only coz we've seen male Sylveons. The general guess is something new, seen as the eeveelutions normally focus on a new evolution mechanic.

Can't be fem only, because the Eevee species itself has only a 25% chance of being female.

While I agree it won't be fem only the reasoning doesn't really fit. Only female Combee evolve at they're only 7:1 female, the same as Eevee.

Last edited:

Wick55uk

Ranger
It won't be female only coz we've seen male Sylveons. The general guess is something new, seen as the eeveelutions normally focus on a new evolution mechanic.

While I agree it won't be fem only the reasoning doesn't really fit. Only female Combee evolve at they're only 7:1 female, the same as Eevee.

Yeah very true but I'm also wondering it would it be via tradeing but with a item maybe

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
Can't be fem only, because the Eevee species itself has only a 25% chance of being female. It could be stone (likeliest), certain move would be cool though it would have to be something early because of Espeon and Umbreon (the whole friendship thing) and special area isn't so special anymore with Glaceon and Leafeon (then again stone is used to death too)...who knows, maybe it's one of those new evolution's the leak kept talking about

i think it has something to do with new pokemon pet fuction

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I still have no idea why Fairy resists Bug...nothing I've researched supports the reason. Classic GameFreak I have to assume. If anything, feels like they wanted to make Gardevoir usable by negating two of it's weaknesses, though it gained one

It officially has the following weaknesses/resists...

- 2x Ghost
- 2x Poison
- 2x Steel

- 1/4 Fighting
- 1/2 Psychic
- 0 Dragon

So it didn't gain a weakness. Number wise, it broke even, and gained an immunity with what it previously had. Regardless (by Gen V standards), It is MUCH better as a result, gaining even more of an advantage over Fighting types and getting an immunity to an overly spammed attack type in Dragon. It also no longer has to fear Super Effective Pursuit hits from Skuntank in NU. In fact, I foresee Gardevoir coming up in usage, maybe even to UU for Gen VI.

Wishful thinking, but man! Gen VI is going to rock!

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz

Is it not a new mechanic? I doubt they would do something already used to introduce a eeveelution especially since each one has introduced a new evolution mechanic each gen

Status
Not open for further replies.