• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbApplejack

Whitney's Protege
Huh, if this is true, I was expecting Bunnleby to retain it's Normal typing.

But, rumors being rumors, only time will tell. Though, these batch of rumors don't have the large luxury of time before release to be proven correctly besides whatever is going to be said on Wednesday.

Fairy Jon

It doesn't. Especially considering that many interpretations either state that 1) it's a shadow (how exactly does Fairy qualify in this case?) 2) it was made to represent the Boogeyman (some interpretations also go as far as to say it's a nickname of the Devil, which is more befitting of the Dark-type than it is to retcon Fairy as part of a dual-type), and 3) it is the personification of nightmares (again, how exactly does one qualify that as a Fairy property?)

I disagree with Darkrai being a Fairy(It's not from my knowledge. It's not even a dark Fairy), but if I remember correctly, there is a fairytale concerning the Boogeyman or rather a Fairy version of it. Doesn't support Darkrai being a Fairy, but I thought it was worth a mention.

Oh, looks like I confused that with a Boggart. o.o My apologies.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I don't really care which Pokemon gets retyped as fairy hell Pikachu being part fairy would've been interesting and hilarious to see (just to see the reactions of people).

But there is one line that if they don't get retyped I will be upset.

And that's the Cleffa line (Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable).

The Snubble is a strong contender too, but I can live with them not having the fairy type.

But not retyping Clefairy....no.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I don't really care which Pokemon gets retyped as fairy hell Pikachu being part fairy would've been interesting and hilarious to see (just to see the reactions of people).

But there is one line that if they don't get retyped I will be upset.

And that's the Cleffa line (Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable).

The Snubble is a strong contender too, but I can live with them not having the fairy type.

But not retyping Clefairy....no.
Yes, if CleFAIRY doesn't become Fairy, I bet a lot of us (me included) will be quite miffed to say the least.

Rakurai

I'm still puzzled over why they opted to make Fire resistant to Fairy instead of some other type that's actually lacking in the resistance department.

I think they were focusing way too much on making something that can bring down Dragon and Fighting types a notch, but not nearly enough on how they could boost the other types that are sorely in need of it.

BurningWhiteKyurem

I'm still puzzled over why they opted to make Fire resistant to Fairy instead of some other type that's actually lacking in the resistance department.

I think they were focusing way too much on making something that can bring down Dragon and Fighting types a notch, but not nearly enough on how they could boost the other types that are sorely in need of it.

So much of this...GF were baited too hard by the crowd who thought Dragon/Fighting were OP, and missed their chance on buffing Ice, Poison, Steel (yes, Fairy makes 2/3 of them useful, but Poison and Steel need better offensive capabilities than what they already have).

Elitetrainer2000

Dragon Tamer
while i can agree that dragons are strong there is not really anything in my book that would call them OP too many pokemon can use dragon type and ice type moves without worrying about weakness. if anything there should have been a new type that was weak to dragon seeing as how they have never had a type outside their own that they have been strong against the whole series.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Dragons didn't need super effective hits to wipe the floor with other Pokemon, thanks to many of them having high stats and their two strongest moves being learnable by virtually every Pokemon of their type.

I still don't agree with Fairy being immune to it instead of resistant, though, mostly due to the sheer lack of sense of it makes. Dragon is just one of those types I can't imagine anything as being able go completely unscathed from, as their moves centralize around brute force and mass destruction.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Close to none, I'd wager.

Earthquake is typically learnable only by large, bulky Pokemon. Xerneas is the only one who seems like a potential candidate so far.

absolfusion

Soon.......
Mawile is based off a futakuchi-onna (Japanese myth); qt3.14 besides the whole mutant thing
Marill is a qt3.14
Gardevoir is arguably a qt3.14 as well, but with some links to magical powers as well as telekinetic ones

Gardevoir are probably based on elves, going by the things on the side of their heads

R_N

Close to none, I'd wager.

Earthquake is typically learnable only by large, bulky Pokemon. Xerneas is the only one who seems like a potential candidate so far.

If Granbull (& Blissey, of all things) wind up fairy, they get to use it to at least

Rakurai

Should've had Psychic resist it.

That type is really in need of more resistances to make it stand out from the Fairy type better.

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
Fire's a pretty poor defensive type, I think. It has a lot of resistances, true, but they're not terribly common (thinking of Grass, Steel and Bug), while its weaknesses are very common (Water, Rock and Ground). I'm pleased by the boost it gets from resisting Fairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.