• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I'm mostly hoping for Mismagius. Don't really care about any other retypes.

This. Ghost/Fairy + Levitate is just pure awesomeness.

It's funny how before everyone thought any and everything that even had a hint of something to do with fairy was going to be re-typed

It's funny. I suspected a ton of Pokemon confirmed not to be fairy that wasn't...and Mr. Mime was.

THat'd be great if Glalie was Ice/Fairy. If they made Gardevoir fairy, why not Glalie. Since both Pokemon got a split evo in gen IV with a dawn stone. So it makes me think their originals might become fairy actually.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I don't care what pokemon get retyped. So long as that pathetic annoying ball of fluff Whimsicott isn't!
I absolutely hate that ****er!!! Not that it being a fairy would put a damper on my team or anything, but still. I'd simply hate if Whimsicott got a second typing. IMO, again ima say it twice so that I don't get burned with replies, *IMO* Whimsicott is good enough by itself. We don't need another Prankster Fairy - we've got Klefki, which is going to be yet another pain not only for poison types, but for anybody going up against a Sand team. My point is, we don't need Whimsicott to be fairy - Whimsicott also doesn't need the typing in itself. If Florges isn't a Fairy/Grass type, then I don't see how Whimsicott can be (besides the fact that its in the fairy egg group.)

storm12

Weather Bearer
It would be better of with pure Grass. With Fairy type added to it would make it have a 4x weakness against its Poison type counterpart Vileplume which carries Sludge Bomb 99% of the time.

Well, Fairy would have given it an interesting dual STAB and an immunity to Dragon is always going to be a plus. I don't think all counterparts have to be balanced, Gardevoir now beats down Gallade with it's STABs.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Well, Fairy would have given it an interesting dual STAB and an immunity to Dragon is always going to be a plus. I don't think all counterparts have to be balanced, Gardevoir now beats down Gallade with it's STABs.

No I don't think all counterparts should be balanced either, but a 4x weakness would make it so unfair towards Bellossom. :(

storm12

Weather Bearer
I don't care what pokemon get retyped. So long as that pathetic annoying ball of fluff Whimsicott isn't!
I absolutely hate that ****er!!! Not that it being a fairy would put a damper on my team, but still. I'd simply hate if Whimsicott got a second typing. IMO, again ima say it twice so that I don't get burned with replies, *IMO* Whimsicott is good enough by itself. We don't need another Prankster Fairy - we've got Klefki, which is going to be yet another pain not only for poison types, but for anybody going up against a Sand team. My point is, we don't need Whimsicott to be fairy - Whimsicott also doesn't need the typing in itself. If Florges isn't a Fairy/Grass type, then I don't see how Whimsicott can be (besides the fact that its in the fairy egg group.)

Whimsicott is pretty Fairy though :S it's dex entry, general personality and traits- though Klefki is the prankster Fairy for me! I LOVE that thing! SO MUCH!!! Probably my favorite pokemon this gen, after Xerneas!

Florges does seem to really, really skirt the line of being a Fairy/Grass type- but I think it's Grass traits are embodied in it's ability [which, is kinda crappy as it works like a weird, very specific Clear Body... but it's great for me as I love Grass types :D] of Flower Veil- I think there is something in it not become Grass, in a sense that it is like a guardian of plants not necessarily one itself.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Grass/Fairy Lilligant would be nice as well

Lilligant I can settle with. Any grass type would be fine with a Fairy type Secondary typing, so long as Whimsicott doesn't get it. There are waaaaay more Grass types who not only can use the boost, but that would also greatly benefit from the secondary stab.

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
THat'd be great if Glalie was Ice/Fairy.

Ice is already a poor type and giving him fairy with his already average(if that) stats to make him x4 weak to Stee

EDIT: Fire is resistant to Fairy confused it

Last edited:

Bundalings

Sassy Breeder
This. Ghost/Fairy + Levitate is just pure awesomeness.

It would be an -actual- Dragon killer, since the most popular Dragon, Garchomp, wouldn't be able to use either of its STABs against it. Most Fairies have such sad Defense stats I'm not sure how well they'll actually fair against Dragons.

storm12

Weather Bearer
No I don't think all counterparts should be balanced either, but a 4x weakness would make it so unfair towards Bellossom. :(

Yah but outside of that, I think Bellossom could have benefited from it :) Fairy would have made it a reasonable check to Dragons and other Grass types- but it still has a niche as pure Grass with Grass' new found status absorbing abilities- I could see Bellossom becoming a premium status blocker/inflicter :)

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Yah but outside of that, I think Bellossom could have benefited from it :) Fairy would have made it a reasonable check to Dragons and other Grass types- but it still has a niche as pure Grass with Grass' new found status absorbing abilities- I could see Bellossom becoming a premium status blocker/inflicter :)

To battle off Dragon types would still be tricky since most would easily counter a Grass/Fairy with their commonly packed up Fire of Ice type moves.

storm12

Weather Bearer
To battle off Dragon types would still be tricky since most would easily counter a Grass/Fairy with their commonly packed up Fire of Ice type moves.

Yah that's true actually, but I was thinking more of switching into like Outrage then crippling them with stun spore or something :D I like Grass types and their statusy ways ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.