• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I hope Sylveon's hidden ability is something good like Pixelate. Cute Charm is not the best thing.

It's Hidden Ability is Synchronize apparently. :(

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
It's Hidden Ability is Synchronize apparently. :(

I actually think its the other way around. Synchronize is its normal ability, while Cute Charm is its hidden ability. Or at least that's how it's listed on the Serebi Coastal Pokedex.

applemania

No more Fairy re-types! I love this new type and can't wait to see what Fairy-types GAMEFREAK creates for the event legends and Gen 7->beyond, but I don't want any more retcons. Clefairy was obvious and Whimsicott can be the sole Grass/Fairy for now, but this wishful thinking about changing everything and a bag of chips to Fairy is exhausting and will only serve to dilute the type.

We have 9 type combos that Fairy still doesn't have, lets save them for new pokemon please.

Blazios

I actually think its the other way around. Synchronize is its normal ability, while Cute Charm is its hidden ability. Or at least that's how it's listed on the Serebi Coastal Pokedex.

It's not, we knew from pre release materials that its normal ability is Cute Charm.

Vivian

maybe audino and chansey's line are fairies, but serebii just didnt update them, Togepi is pure fairy now, smogon confirmed that, but serebii still lists it as normal.

applemania

maybe audino and chansey's line are fairies, but serebii just didnt update them, Togepi is pure fairy now, smogon confirmed that, but serebii still lists it as normal.

Please let Audino stay Normal, it doesn't deserve to be a Fairy. Chansey...yes, but I don't want Happiny, Igglybuff or Cleffa to get it if they haven't already.

Only other I'll except is Milotic, Mismagius can Mega-evolve to Ghost/Fairy- that way the type combo can still be reserved for a new pokemon to get it first permanently.

No to Glalie being Ice/Fairy- I'll wait for Gen 7 for that type combo.

Weedy Spyze

People really seem to love throwing the Fairy type around.

Which is partly why I dislike it, as it's so loosely defined that people seem to think that practically anything is worthy of being one.

Kinda agree with this. I was always fine with having the new type, I just think the line needs to be drawn a bit conservatively when it comes to retcons. I personally wouldn't have changed a handful of the Pokemon that were (like Mr. Mime and Marill), but fortunately or unfortunately they weren't my decisions to make.

That all being said I'm still curious about Bellossom, is it still a mono-Grass type? It makes just as much if not more sense to be a Fairy than Whimsicott does imo.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
How does it make any sense to retcon Milotic, and Lilligant as Fairies?

The same way "it makes sense" to retcon Whimsicott.... I'm still mad about that....smh...

RNG_Reporter

If Blissey becomes Fairy, it's going to be possibly Uber.

!Blue-Umbreon!

Pop Music Lover
How does it make any sense to retcon Milotic, and Lilligant as Fairies?

Milotic is based on a Siren/ mermaid and i think this makes her a perfect canidate for the Fairy type

NightFire7

For anyone who has the game, has anybody caught a milotic or a lilligant yet?

BurningWhiteKyurem

I always thought that Milotic's lore focused on beauty more so than being based on a siren (not saying you're wrong, since it's up to interpretation, I personally don't see the connection). I mean, I think the Milo in Milotic references Venus de Milo, which ofc is the statue that recorded an artist's depiction of the goddess of beauty and love (Aphrodite/Venus). Since it already is emblematic of beauty, I'm not sure how Fairies fit into the theme (considering that it's also serpentine/dragon-like in its figure).

NightFire7

Not everything that could qualify as a fairy is going to get the fairy typing, apparently I heard that audino is still just a normal type which to be honest I think that thing is more of a fairy than some of the pokes that have been given the fairy typing.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Seriously you guys will get over it. If Game Freak thinks a certain Pokemon makes sense as a Fairy, then it's a Fairy. Tired of people saying what deserves to be a fairy and what doesn't when no one can give a straight answer about what the Fairy type even encompasses. Let's just leave it to Game Freak.

NightFire7

It won't stop people complaining though, especially if milotic turns out to be pure water. I wouldn't really care but I know some people on here would be outraged if it wasn't a fairy

It won't stop people complaining though, especially if milotic turns out to be pure water. I wouldn't really care but I know some people on here would be outraged if it wasn't a fairy

I only hope it is because then it'll make my final team easier to put together. Because I want at least one Fairy on my team, and if Milotic gets it then I'll be putting Venusaur on my team, if not I'll grab a Sylveon.

Status
Not open for further replies.