• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hexametaphosphate

So just to be sure, all the currently known Fairies are:
Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Togepi, Snubbull, Granbull, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Sylveon, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Xerneas -> Pure fairy
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Azurill -> Normal/Fairy
Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir -> Psychic/Fairy
Togetic, Togekiss -> Fairy/Flying
Marill, Azumarill -> Water/Fairy
Mawile, Klefki -> Steel/Fairy
Whimsicott -> Grass/Fairy
Dedenne -> Electric/Fairy
Carbink -> Rock/Fairy

Did I miss any?

Last edited:

Arcticwolf10

Seriously you guys will get over it. If Game Freak thinks a certain Pokemon makes sense as a Fairy, then it's a Fairy. Tired of people saying what deserves to be a fairy and what doesn't when no one can give a straight answer about what the Fairy type even encompasses. Let's just leave it to Game Freak.

I only hope it is because then it'll make my final team easier to put together. Because I want at least one Fairy on my team, and if Milotic gets it then I'll be putting Venusaur on my team, if not I'll grab a Sylveon.

Feebas isn't in the Kalos Dex

Feebas isn't in the Kalos Dex

Well yeah I know that, but the majority of people here have gotten the game way earlier than me. Possible some one might be willing to trade me one. Since I won't beat the game so early it's still plausible to get it before I beat it.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Well yeah I know that, but the majority of people here have gotten the game way earlier than me. Possible some one might be willing to trade me one. Since I won't beat the game so early it's still plausible to get it before I beat it.

But you'd have to wait till December 27th, till you can trade a feebas over - seeing as the only way to get pokemon that are outside of the region would be via poke transfer/poke bank which isn't an option until December.

But you'd have to wait till December 27th, till you can trade a feebas over - seeing as the only way to get pokemon that are outside of the region would be via poke transfer/poke bank which isn't an option until December.

So even with the National Dex there isn't a possibility of Pokemon outside of the Kalos Pokedex showing up? I haven't heard of what Pokemon that are catchable after post game.

Ver-mont

Well, there's the Friend Safari too. Serebii says some non-Kalos Dex Pokémon pop up there, so who knows? If you're lucky.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Well, there's the Friend Safari too. Serebii says some non-Kalos Dex Pokémon pop up there, so who knows? If you're lucky.

So even with the National Dex there isn't a possibility of Pokemon outside of the Kalos Pokedex showing up? I haven't heard of what Pokemon that are catchable after post game.

As Vermont stated, the Friend Safari would be your best shot at getting a Feebas...but idk if that's post game or not.

As Vermont stated, the Friend Safari would be your best shot at getting a Feebas...but idk if that's post game or not.

Yeah it's post game from what I read. Won't kill me to not have it until post game, I didn't have my true team in White 2 until I beat the E4. Then I went back and destroyed them for round two lol.

PokeAJ

So just to be sure, all the currently known Fairies are:
Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Togepi, Snubbull, Granbull, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Sylveon, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Xerneas -> Pure fairy
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Azurill -> Normal/Fairy
Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir -> Psychic/Fairy
Togetic, Togekiss -> Fairy/Flying
Marill, Azumarill -> Water/Fairy
Mawile, Klefki -> Steel/Fairy
Whimsicott -> Grass/Fairy
Dedenne -> Electric/Fairy
Carbink -> Rock/Fairy

Did I miss any?

If there's at least 2 more fairy types we don't yet know about then it will pass Ghost and won't be the least common type.

0danmaster0

have audino or blissey family been confirmed retyped yet?

ReddShope

Arc Lord
With the fairy type coming into the fray, I was thinking this was a great opportunity, especially with the mix-up of current type match-ups, for GF to make normal type super-effective against something. I like the fact that they finally gave poison something besides grass that it is super-effective against, but normal type is still ridiculously weak offensively in most cases. That being said, some of the new abilities that change normal type attacks to other types that get STAB are going to be awesome, imo. However this only applies to pokemon that weren't normal typed already.

Gizmoa

Milotic is based on Cher, the singer, along with syrins and to a lesser extent oarfish and eels... I'm surprised that only the syrin link has been mentioned.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I am very surprised that Altaria has not received a retyping to be Flying/Fairy. It has little to do with Dragon type, but a lot with the Fairy type. The melodical voice, craceful behavior, the cloudy wings...

Belleflora

I am very surprised that Altaria has not received a retyping to be Flying/Fairy. It has little to do with Dragon type, but a lot with the Fairy type. The melodical voice, craceful behavior, the cloudy wings...

It's based on a Peng, a bird with dragon features or a dragon with bird features, depending on the version or interpretation.

snivysson

dont know if this has been posted but my espurr just got to
level 22 and learned a new fairy type move

disarming voice
never misses power 40 pp 15

Status
Not open for further replies.