• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was interested by the introduction of the Fairy type, and knew ahead of time that it could include quite a few, diverse Pokémon, so I'm not too surprised by quite a few of them being changed to Fairy type. My personal favourite among them is Togekiss because I love doves and helping others be happy. I probably would use a Togekiss too, and I like Azumarill as well.

As for the type chart of Fairy, if I think of fairies as being creatures that like playing around, the interactions with other types make sense, because fighters, dirty players (most Dark types), and dragons all have some degree of pride about them, and those who think of themselves highly can be vulnerable to underestimating seemingly small, harmless creatures like fairies and so be harmed as a result. Meanwhile, if you play around with poison, hard metal, or fire, what happens? Typically the player in this case gets repelled pretty easily. This is just my idea, but if I think of Fairy as child-like playing, the type effectiveness of it clicks with me.

I was interested by the introduction of the Fairy type, and knew ahead of time that it could include quite a few, diverse Pokémon, so I'm not too surprised by quite a few of them being changed to Fairy type. My personal favourite among them is Togekiss because I love doves and helping others be happy. I probably would use a Togekiss too, and I like Azumarill as well.

As for the type chart of Fairy, if I think of fairies as being creatures that like playing around, the interactions with other types make sense, because fighters, dirty players (most Dark types), and dragons all have some degree of pride about them, and those who think of themselves highly can be vulnerable to underestimating seemingly small, harmless creatures like fairies and so be harmed as a result. Meanwhile, if you play around with poison, hard metal, or fire, what happens? Typically the player in this case gets repelled pretty easily. This is just my idea, but if I think of Fairy as child-like playing, the type effectiveness of it clicks with me.

I like that concept, I could see that as part of GFs drive for this.

So how does Eevee evolve into Sylveon again? Is it just by maxing everything out for it in Pokémon Amie and leveling it up or does it have to be at a specific level?

So how does Eevee evolve into Sylveon again? Is it just by maxing everything out for it in Pokémon Amie and leveling it up or does it have to be at a specific level?

I didn't hear anything about a specific lvl but the rest you got right. It's more than likely you max out Amie then next lvl

I didn't hear anything about a specific lvl but the rest you got right. It's more than likely you max out Amie then next lvl

Ok thanks! I'm getting the game in 2 hours so I just wanted to be prepared.

Flareon Fan

Ace Trainer
OK, so Liligant, Milotic, Mismagius and Glalie aren't found in X and Y at all so i guess no one can confirm or deny if they are retyped yet...

Is there some way through the GTS where they could try asking for those pokemon and see if the GTS actually reveals their types?

Rakurai

OK, so Liligant, Milotic, Mismagius and Glalie aren't found in X and Y at all so i guess no one can confirm or deny if they are retyped yet...

Is there some way through the GTS where they could try asking for those pokemon and see if the GTS actually reveals their types?

The Pokemon would need to actually be up for trade in order for that to work.

Also, it's way too early to say they can't be found. People have only scratched the surface of the Friend Safari, and seemingly haven't touched the Pokeradar at all.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Specialbeamcanon

SUCH PERFECTION
Just checked my Pokedex, and it is still pure normal
Ur serious? Its one of the most obvious candidates to have Fairy added! Well, theres always it's mega evo to make up for that..

http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14504483/
Lilligant stays pure Grass. Previously, it was found that Luvdisc was pure Water as well.
Im glad they didn't add Fairy to Lilli. It differentiates her from Whimiscott and there is nothing magical, cutesy, and folkorish about her unlike Whimiscott.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.