• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fake Diamond and Pearl cards?

JosueLight

So I've ordered several Pokemon cards from various, high-ranked sellers on eBay. I've noticed that some of the Diamond and Pearl cards I purchased might be fake.

They're holographic like typical holographic cards with the shiny circles that have a rainbow spectrum shine, but the shiny circles are scattered all over the front of the card (but they are dimmer than the Pokemon's artwork).

Has anyone seen these before? I got a Leafeon (the one that's shiny--not the one that's holo in the Theme deck) from Majestic Dawn. Luxray from Diamond and Pearl. Gardevoir, Gallade, Flygon, and Jumpluff from Secret Wonders.

I received Gardevoir first, and purchased myself another one from a different seller, and the card I received only had shiny circles in the artwork.

But after receiving these from numerous highly-ranked sellers, are these real? I've tried searching on Google, but I found nothing.

I can't really get a photo of the shiny circles outside the artwork, but here is a scan:

001.jpg

Thanks!

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
A bigger, clearer scan of just one of those cards might help. But from what I can tell they look like real cards to me.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
I have some of thouse cards, they look perfectly fine.

Though they may just be really well done fakes. I wouldn't be able to tell the diffrence at first glance.

JosueLight

Here's a scan of Leafeon:leaf2.jpg

Scanning them at the highest dpi, you still can't see those extra circles.

You know the shiny circle things that are on the holo-foil image. They the same type of circles, which are scattered over the border and the card text area.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
You know the shiny circle things that are on the holo-foil image. They the same type of circles, which are scattered over the border and the card text area.

It's supposed to be like that in Majestic Dawn and probably a few others.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Oh I saw one just beside the top border, now I see what you're talking about. No it's actually common with alot of holo foil's in diamond and pearl because of the paint they used on the foil's was so weak you could actually see straight through to the foil. my gardivoir has that throughout the poke power and the attack.

Last edited:

JosueLight

Alright, thanks for all the tips. c:

It's not that way with all the Diamond and Pearl cards. I have another Leafeon from Majestic Dawn that doesn't have the extra circles. xD

I'm glad I didn't rip any of them xD

Legendarys

Anonymous
Yeah, they look real to me! A bigger scan would help, but just by looking, it seems pretty legit! PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

Legendarys

Anonymous
I just looked at them again, and I realize what exactly you are talking about. I agree with Ven, some of those faults in the border, but that IS normal. I can send you a scan if you would like, as an example.

JosueLight

Sorry for the late reply--busy weekend at work.

Send me a scan--that would be great! c: