• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fake nintendo DS

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Warning over fake games consolesWarning over fake games consoles
Counterfeit Nintendo consoles given to children as Christmas presents could put their lives at risk, parents have been warned.

Hundreds of fake computer consoles imported and seized at freight depots across the UK were found to have potentially dangerous power adaptors, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) said.

The fake versions of the popular Nintendo DS and DS Lite consoles were bought from a range of websites, mainly based in Asia.

The sites claimed the items were "genuine Nintendo" and offered many of the counterfeit consoles for around £40, instead of the usual retail price of £100.

But Nintendo confirmed that the consoles were counterfeit and it had not produced the power adaptors supplied with them, meaning they had not been electronically tested.

Pamela Rogers, HMRC's head of intellectual property rights, said: "At best, these consoles would have led to disappointment on Christmas morning; at worst, they could have caused serious harm or injury. UK consumers must be vigilant when purchasing goods online. Buy from a reputable or regulated site and, if purchasing from outside the UK or a new website, research the site - check all the facts before you buy."

She added: "Counterfeit goods also cause considerable damage to the UK economy by undermining genuine UK retailers and small businesses who are honest and abide by the rules."

Mike Rawlinson, managing director of the Entertainment & Leisure Software Publishers Association (ELSPA), which is investigating the fraud for Nintendo, said: "As a responsible industry, we are extremely committed to ending the damaging counterfeit games market, which not only defrauds UK taxpayers with inferior products but in some cases actually puts children's lives at risk too.

"We are asking all concerned parents to be diligent - when a bargain seems too good to be true, it often is."

HMRC has alerted all UK ports to be on their guard for similar counterfeit goods, which, when confirmed as fake, are usually seized and destroyed.

So keep a heads up if you are looking to buy a DS online.

Link:http://tech.uk.msn.com/news/article.aspx?cp-documentid=11607865

Koji123456789

Its-A-Me, MARIO!
lolwut? Yah, mine is already falling apart; but I can still play it.

That's why they have the nintendo seal of approval. You should always buy consoles when you can see them, but otherwise, be wary, and know what the system is supposed to look like.

Zero-Wolf

Lost my memory....
Yeah, that's what I thought. You can get any console from Nintendo.

Golde

Always Searching~
So, is this just in a store in Europe or what?

It's good that at least someone is trying to stop it -_-

This is stupid, I hate these people, why can't people just stop doing this...crap, cornertime...*cuts*

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I don't understand these kinds of people are putting risk. Why oh why, is our world going nuts?

Dattebayo

Banned
Good thing I don't live in the UK, whoever made those fake DS's should be locked away for what they're doing.

Cutty

Forever now
The cheap price has already aroused suspiciouns.

EnteiFirecracker

Destiny Calls
Why people would trust people selling DS' for £60 less than original retail price, I don't know.

Zyborggian

Hunter HAXZD
Forgive this ignorance but if someone responds with an answer I at least will not need to ask again. How the crap are they dangerous to childrens lives
1. Do they contain tracking devices for murderers to get them
2. when you try to plug it in is it an electrical issue?
3. am i completely wrong

why are they dangerous?

BCVM22

How the crap are they dangerous to childrens lives?

But Nintendo confirmed that the consoles were counterfeit and it had not produced the power adaptors supplied with them, meaning they had not been electronically tested.

You can insert your own quip about how wonderful the art of reading is.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
For some strange reason, I keep seeing the words "Pokemon Ranger" in the article, and the word Nintendo in the last paragraph i keep seeing as "Pokemon".....

Have I been playing too much Pokemon?

phatcat203

I'm back. Woot.
Okay, I'll have to admit, I don't see how is it that just because NINTENDO, who has been sued for thousands of technical/electronic/Wii remote strap issues, didn't make the power cords, it automatically means that they haven't been tested and are harmful? And how can Nintendo confirm that something that they have admitted to having no part in making hasn't been tested? I mean, I've made many things on my own, but that doesn't mean I haven't tested them, or that they're harmful to people, and I bet nobody would believe Nintendo if they said a new Sony product wasn't tested. Know why? Because Nintendo isn't Sony, and didn't make that product, nor is it whoever made these fake DS'. So unless Nintendo made these, they can't say they haven't been tested.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Okay, I'll have to admit, I don't see how is it that just because NINTENDO, who has been sued for thousands of technical/electronic/Wii remote strap issues, didn't make the power cords, it automatically means that they haven't been tested and are harmful? And how can Nintendo confirm that something that they have admitted to having no part in making hasn't been tested? I mean, I've made many things on my own, but that doesn't mean I haven't tested them, or that they're harmful to people, and I bet nobody would believe Nintendo if they said a new Sony product wasn't tested. Know why? Because Nintendo isn't Sony, and didn't make that product, nor is it whoever made these fake DS'. So unless Nintendo made these, they can't say they haven't been tested.

I think that either the charger looks different or they checked out the counterfeit.

FE 6X

Bored as usual....
People are so greedy....they end up killing people....just for cash.

dkc46

i dont get what the big deal is, its just a different power cord. unless it like overcharges and burns the ouse down then thees no real danger right?

Oh no, there's never been counterfeit gaming merchandise on the internet before!
That's why I always used to buy from unauthorized dealers.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
i dont get what the big deal is, its just a different power cord. unless it like overcharges and burns the ouse down then thees no real danger right?

It's bootleg, meaning that it isn't made or tested by Nintendo and might cause an electric fire.