• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fake out Team

diaoman

When I looked upon a move called Fake Out in the Attackdex, I had an idea of building a whole team around that move. What that move basically does is cause 100% flinching to the opponent with 40 power and attack first as long as that attack is the first one used by the pokemon. I thought to myself, that no pokemon will be able to touch mine with this kick-butt move if I keep spamming it, of course with a few adjustments.

Medicham @ leppa berry
- Fake Out
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
- Fire Punch

Hitmonlee @ leppa berry
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Blaze Kick

Kanghaskan @ Leppa Berry
-Fake Out
- Toxic
- Crunch
- Focus Punch
Hariyama @ Leppa Berry
- Fake Out
- Toxic
- Belly Drum
- Close Combat
Weavile @ Leppa Berry
- Fake Out
- Night Slash
- Ice punch
- Brick Break

Infernape @ Leppa Berry
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

I picked the highest attack stats of all the pokemon that could learn Fake Out and built the team from there. It's not perfect, but it's just a blueprint for an idea. For the moves other than fake out, I tried to use moves that countered types that would resist Fake Out, like Steel and Rock; as well as moves that countered Ghost types. So the only things I would be afraid of are steel, rock, and ghost. Other than that, this team would kill very well. It's nice to divert from the typical cookie-cutter standard teams sometimes.

For the two tank pokemon, kanghaskan and hariyama, I used a combo of fake
out + toxic, which is a lethal combo that forces the pokemon to retreat or face annihilation via Toxic or Fake Out.

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
It's kind of funn but i don't think it will work.
srr.
If the opponent has a fly-pokemon you're death

diaoman

how can the flying pokemon attack if I always hit first with Fake Out and make them flinch?

I_want_lunch

Erm...
Are you having a misconception that you can use Fake Out like 100 times???
Fake Out would not do a lot of damage to other pokemons so...
Flying pokemon could take you out. And seeing that you have no stat-up moves(execpt for belly drum)... I think the attack Fly can take you out.
EDIT: Whoops 4 got this ingame.

Last edited:

diaoman

so you can't spam fake out? I thought fake out makes you attack first, and then the target gets flinched? Then you rinse and repeat?

Blazios

so you can't spam fake out? I thought fake out makes you attack first, and then the target gets flinched? Then you rinse and repeat?

No it works if you use it as soon as you send the Pokémon out, then you can't use it again with the same Pokémon again unless you switch out then back in again.

Even if you could, an Alakazam with Inner Focus could destroy the whole team.

EDIT: Yes! Rank up!

IcyShock

The Ultimate Ace
When I looked upon a move called Fake Out in the Attackdex, I had an idea of building a whole team around that move. What that move basically does is cause 100% flinching to the opponent with 40 power and attack first as long as that attack is the first one used by the pokemon. I thought to myself, that no pokemon will be able to touch mine with this kick-butt move if I keep spamming it, of course with a few adjustments.

Medicham @ Choice Band/Life Orb
- Fake Out
- Thunderpunch/Psycho Cut
- Brick Break/Hi Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Hitmonlee @ Salac Berry
- Fake Out
- Endure/Substitute
- Reversal
- Blaze Kick/Stone Edge

Jynx @ Leftovers

- Fake Out
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind/Fake Tears

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
- Fake Out
- Toxic/Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rain Dance/Leech Seed

Weavile @ Life Orb/Choice Band
- Fake Out
- Night Slash/Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

Infernape @ Life Orb
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat/Mach Punch

I picked the highest attack stats of all the pokemon that could learn Fake Out and built the team from there. It's not perfect, but it's just a blueprint for an idea. For the moves other than fake out, I tried to use moves that countered types that would resist Fake Out, like Steel and Rock; as well as moves that countered Ghost types. So the only things I would be afraid of are steel, rock, and ghost. Other than that, this team would kill very well. It's nice to divert from the typical cookie-cutter standard teams sometimes.

For the two tank pokemon, kanghaskan and hariyama, I used a combo of fake
out + toxic, which is a lethal combo that forces the pokemon to retreat or face annihilation via Toxic or Fake Out.

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to edit your team so it can defeat some of its weaknesses. 4 of the pokemon here (which are not Jynx & Ludicolo) can also use the Choice Scarf or even the Muscle Band. I think the team may work.