• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

fake pkmn games... i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkVoid Darkrai

Darkrai trainer
i bought firered leafgreen emerald and ruby off ebay and when i try to migrate it deletes the file on the gba game AND says there were no pokemin there on the first place. :(

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Huh.

Is there any other signs of it being bootlegged? You know, the color of the cartridge, serial code, the box, etc.

BCVM22

That you bought them off of eBay is basically a guarantee of counterfeit in and of itself. That they do the memory erasing boogaloo fills in the rest of that guarantee.

Again, never buy Pokémon (or many video games, really) off of eBay.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Yep, it's fake, sadly.

...and that sums it up, so going to close. Ask questions in the Help threads in the FAQ subsections of RSE/FRLG/Colo/XD sections next time, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.