• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fake pokemon Name Help

manaphysuki

koinu, electric type - first stage

Hmmm... It looks like a puppy. Is it a puppy? Oh! That's the Japanese word for puppy. I see.

You might also try Inu, Japanese for Dog, according to Google Translate. It's electric; perhaps Pikinu?

Maybe Japanese dog breeds? Akita, Shiba, Chin, Hokkaido, Kai Ken, Tosa, Kishu, Ryukyu, Sakhalin. I like Akita & Hokkaido, & Ryukyu; would a variation on those be any good?

Maybe variations on other Asian breeds, like Chows or Bankars?

pikinu sounds cute :3 can i have the meaning of the first half of pikinu? :3

i think i might take it...

which one's next in line? :)

about viringo's evo's name, though....
Next would be its evolved form, maawiya. What does the prefix "maa" mean? Did you use to to indicate extra power?

Perhaps viringold - Pre-evo + Gold, to show it's grown more important/powerful.

Or Virin. Or Ingo. Shorter words & sentences sound stronger that longer versions. If so, cutting a syllable might make the fakemon seem more powerful/forceful.
i think viringold sounds too similer to it's first stage, somehow :confused:

maybe a different name? :3

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Pik - from Pika! (An electric noise, same basis as Pikachu)

Viringold... I'll probably have to look at it again, but how about warrigold? (War or Warry + Gold.)

pacman000

wanwan

Evolved form of koinu, right?

If we follow the Pikachu naming convention, I suggest rayinu or Gorinu, variations on Raichu & Gorochu, Pikachu’s canned 3rd stage. (Goro meant a booming sound, like thunder, if memory serves.)

pacman000

kobuta ground type

It's a ground type, & it's a hog, how about Phil? ;)

Other suggestions:

For some reason I like the word Peccary. Would variations on that be ok? Pecearthy? (Peccary + Earth for ground) Geccarry? (Ground + Peccary)

manaphysuki

kobuta ground type

It's a ground type, & it's a hog, how about Phil? ;)

Other suggestions:

For some reason I like the word Peccary. Would variations on that be ok? Pecearthy? (Peccary + Earth for ground) Geccarry? (Ground + Peccary)
i'm not sure if any of these have a ring to it... :confused:

but variations on ' peccary ' would be fine... any other suggestions on that? :3

Last edited:

pacman000

Etcarry? (Eat or Earth + Peccary)
Urcarry? (Earth + Pecarry)

manaphysuki

@pacman000

i have a sort-of temperary name for this one...

fifapi .... the meaning is Fifa, which means electricity in thai... & pi, which is from one of the words for a baby mouse, pinkie

what do you think? does it suit it? ...
personally, i think it actually sounds so cute, actually, now that i've thought about it :3

also, which one of these look better? electric/flying or just electric? i can't decide...

pacman000

It's a nice name. Fifa reminds me of the World Cup tho. Might suggest trying variations on that.

I like the idea of a flying Pokémon, but I think the wingless one looks better.

What's most important, however, is what you like. After all, it's your character. Even if you were planning to sell it the final design & name must be your own decision. Market research is important; you should listen to focus groups & the like, but the end product is still your creation & subject to your approval.

manaphysuki

It's a nice name. Fifa reminds me of the World Cup tho. Might suggest trying variations on that.

What's most important, however, is what you like. After all, it's your character. Even if you were planning to sell it the final design & name must be your own decision. Market research is important; you should listen to focus groups & the like, but the end product is still your creation & subject to your approval.
yeah, you're right.... i do like the name i gave it :3 so i think i'll keep it ... & use the wingless one, actually :3 .... & i want the meaning of fifa to just be electricity in thai :3

Last edited:

pacman000

inoshi
ground/steel type - 2nd stage

Orbcarry - (Ore, since ore is used to make metal & it comes from the ground; Orb, since the character's round; & carry from Peccary)

Orbine - (Same as above, with swine replacing peccary)

Orbog - (Hog)

Orbig (Pig)

Orecarry, Oreine, Oreog, Oreig - (Same as above, but with Orb removed.)

Orrcarry, Orrine, Orrog, Orrig - (Variations)

manaphysuki

inoshi
ground/steel type - 2nd stage

Orbcarry - (Ore, since ore is used to make metal & it comes from the ground; Orb, since the character's round; & carry from Peccary)

Orbine - (Same as above, with swine replacing peccary)

Orbog - (Hog)

Orbig (Pig)

Orecarry, Oreine, Oreog, Oreig - (Same as above, but with Orb removed.)

Orrcarry, Orrine, Orrog, Orrig - (Variations)
the 2nd one sounds good :3

i think i'll take that one...

pacman000

arulu
water type - first stage

I like this name, but If you want suggestions...

It looks like a mouse, which reminds me of Merril. Pikablu was suggested as a possible name for Merril, but it was never used, outside of one early trading card. You could go with that. It's not very original tho. (Pika, a small rabbit-like animal; Blu from blue.)

Working off that there's Chublu (Mouse + Blue) or Moblu (Mouse + Blue.)

manaphysuki

arulu
water type - first stage

I like this name, but If you want suggestions...

It looks like a mouse, which reminds me of Merril. Pikablu was suggested as a possible name for Merril, but it was never used, outside of one early trading card. You could go with that. It's not very original tho. (Pika, a small rabbit-like animal; Blu from blue.)

Working off that there's Chublu (Mouse + Blue) or Moblu (Mouse + Blue.)
i would stick with my original name... but i've forgotten what the meaning was... ^^'

manaphysuki

do you, maybe, have any suggestions for that one, though? :3

the one without wings

it's an electric type... pikachu clone of the region :3 ...

*if you need reminding, it's this one :3 -

Last edited:

pacman000

Hmmmmm... Gamefreak doesn't seem to have any sort of rule when naming their Pikachu-like characters.

Perhaps something to do with dumplings? Pikachu was based on a Japanese dumpling.

Pikling
Duchu
Pikaling
Buzling
BuzChu
Chuling

Most of these are variations of Pikachu + Dumpling, except Buzling (Buz+Dumpling) & Buzchu (Buz+Chu.)

manaphysuki

Hmmmmm... Gamefreak doesn't seem to have any sort of rule when naming their Pikachu-like characters.

Perhaps something to do with dumplings? Pikachu was based on a Japanese dumpling.

Pikling
Duchu
Pikaling
Buzling
BuzChu
Chuling

Most of these are variations of Pikachu + Dumpling, except Buzling (Buz+Dumpling) & Buzchu (Buz+Chu.)
the last one sounds cute :3

i think i'll take it

pacman000

elanora

Evolved form of arulu

Hmmm... The round ears remind me of a koala. Is that what you were going for? From that there’s...

Walla - Koala & Water
Woalla - Variation of above
Aqualla - Aqua & Koala