• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fake Youtube Account Confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey All,

Normally I wouldn't post stuff like this here but people are honestly starting to believe it and hilariously has its believers insult me on my actual account accusing me of being fake (even going as far as saying I'll be persecuted and contacted by the real Serebii about it (Hooray for Space-Time Inversions). My actual account I won't reveal as I created it randomly in March of last year as I needed it for something, but I don't use it so could do without the people knowing about it, although it is fairly obvious)

This youtube account is serebiipokemonsource and as such it has nothing to do with me. I did not authorise it, I certainly have not and would not ever pay anyone to run it.

I make no secret of my dislike for this whole "lets turn everything into a video" generation and as such, that is why there are no videos on youtube by me and why there likely won't be any within the forseeable future.

To confirm, the people behind this channel are spreading many hilarious things about the site such as there being 12 owners. I know I used to be quite large but thats hilarious. I am the only owner of the site, heck with all the site staff, we dont even make up 6 staff members on Serebii.net let alone 12.

So yeah, that account is a fake, not official or anything. I wanted to give them a chance to admit that they were wrong so they'd learn something but that's just not happening so I figured you guys should know and hopefully this should stop the BS

Please do not spam the account or flame the user.

Last edited by a moderator:

mockingjay

swift and lol
Glad you posted this. I'm sick and horrified of all the fake accounts.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

But we don't get to see a video of you dancing? :(

halloweenghost

yeah wrestlers and celebs get this crap done to them with myspace sites too.. hell you may have one out there like this too..

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Pfft. What losers...

I posted something on their channel just now. :O

celebired

Mew xoxo Kawaii
Thanks god I knew, I was gonna subscribe.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

i r sriby 2 i cn mk grn utube page, luk, sriby iz grn 2 lol. i r rl sbsryb to my chyply mayd vids lol

Seriously though...these copycats are getting annoying.....but is there anything you can do about it Joe? I don't think so...is there?

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Ever since I friended the acount, I knew something was a little off--thanks for telling us the real story.

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!
serebii i freinded and commented on your youtube account! as a side note you should have somone have the event pokemon list up-dated sooner or later!

Last edited:

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Oh well, looks like it's a sign the Pokemon community looks up to you.

But seriously, they like posing as you to throw everyone off.

RobSp1derp1g

On my way...
And, whosoever did that account flamed him/herself for saying Serebii's origin is American
take a look at the youtube fake account, in Country

Lucas!

Real Talk Keisha.
Why would you make Pokémon videos? Seriously, if your to lazy to write up something for your site then its obvious you need to stop. Well, I never go on YouTube but it should have been key that it was not Joe.

PkmnTrainerJ

How ludicrous. I hadn't heard of it before now, but if I had, I would have doubted that Serebii would have paid for an "updater". Sure, he has help from the staff and Coronis (if he still SPPf staff?) and even the fans for something like Pokéarth, but they all do it because they want to contribute. Not for cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.