• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fakemon-Light

Hi, totally new here. I just started a blog, showing my fakemon creations. and would love some feedback. I'm not great with digital art, so they're photos of my sketches, with stats and moves around them. They all focus around the idea of a new pokemon type - Light. I hope to learn to colour them soon. And on my blog site, I will begin looking at each one in detail, as well as beginning to discuss other aspects, such as the Light attacks, gym leaders, items and other things that the discovery of the Light type brings.

I don't know whether linking this image has worked, but this is one of my favourites:

l20-Isequine.png

Please check them out and give me a few comments of feedback, would love to know what some of you guys think! Cheers!

http://fakemon-light.blogspot.com/

Thanks for having a look! Yeah, although I like Pureon, he was one of the old designs, so I'm not massively happy with his artwork. Back then, anyone of the fakemon that was going to learn Sheet Lightning had to have some sort of lightning rod appendage to them. I probably over-emphasized it.
As for the description, Ghost was actually a physical type in the first three generations. But I do see a lot of "Spireon"s floating around. Guess it just seems a fitting type for an eeveelution. Probably more-so than dragon.
I'll be adding descriptions for the rest of them soon! Hopefully get round to colouring them too, but by hand. Still no clue about digital art! Any others you found interesting?

Oh for other people who haven't seen the blog, this is Pureon:
l2-Pureon.png

Pureon. The Purity Pokemon.

Pureon evolves from Eevee when it is exposed to a Sun Stone. It is one of the many final forms of Eevee.

Pureon is a pure Light Pokemon, meaning it is weak to Ghost and Grass attacks.

Pureon is overall a golden colour. However, it's body tells a story. It's fur is murkier and rougher, even with spikes around its face, at its front and feet; but as you move across its body it becomes smoother and shinier, until it becomes a silky golden coat that ends in a delicate tail, with a softness to rival Wigglytuff's. This represents Pureon's ability to purify anything that is bathed in its light for long enough, including the mind's of restless trainers. The ribbons around Pureon's body have beads of light traversing them, back and forth, showing this ability working. In battle, the ribbon's glow intensify.

Pureon's greatest stat is Defense, a trait it shares with Leafeon. However, where Leafeon next excels is in Attack; whereas Pureon is more of a Special Attacker. It is also important to note that Pureon's Clear Body ability allows it to use Sheet Lightning effectively, as it will be immune to the loss of accuracy it causes, as it normally affects all Pokemon on the field.

With the discovery of Pureon, there are now 8 eeveelutions, each one representing a type that was denoted "Special" in the first 3 generations. (Light would have been a special type, rather than physical). The only remaining special type would be a Dragon eeveelution.

Pureon's moveset also follows that of the eeveelutions, but it uses Flash over Sand Attack and Light Dash over Quick Attack.

Well, I think my favorite concept of yours is Helidios. The idea of a sunflower patch it very cool. Upon first glance it looked a tad bit like Ferrothorn and Sunflora, however. A couple of design tweaks that I think would benefit Helidios are a different look for its eyes (there are ways to make it look cheerful without just making it a bunch of Sunflora) and definitely "pretty" it up so it doesn't look so rough and sharp.

As for the Ghost type being physical: I honestly had no clue, so I'm glad someone told me. Haha.

Yeah I'm pretty sucky at drawing faces, so I skimped on that part. But the key thing is that, only the central head is a true head, the others always hold the same happy expression. You can see that the middle one is slightly different.

Anyways, for everyone else too. The blog has had a lot added to it. All 30 fakemon have their pokedex entries now, all the attacks are up, new abilities, type match-ups as well as new attacks/types for some original pokemon!

Please check it out if you have time!!!

http://fakemon-light.blogspot.com/

Here is the page on my blog explaining them, and why I chose those ones.

But in short:
Light is super effective against: Dark, Bug, Electric
Light is not very effective against: Ghost, Grass, Psychic, Light, Steel, Ice
The following are super effective against Light: Ghost, Grass
The following are not very effective against Light: Psychic, Light, Electric, Fire
The following have no effect against Light: Dark

Got any questions about them though feel free to ask! :D

Last edited:

MeltingCORE

HTML:
Well, I think my favorite concept of yours is Helidios. The idea of a sunflower patch it very cool.

I agree.

I also like Phlux. Neat idea for a legendary. A Pokemon that bends light...

My only critique for your artwork is to try and get clearer pictures of your art. It would help make the Pokedex entries look more 'official'.

Other than that, you're doing a fine job with the 'Light type' concept.

Thanks! Yeah I hope to colour them, and maybe scan them on someday. No immediate plans though, unfortunately!
I like Phlux, came up with concept of a light-bending pokemon ages ago, when Pokemon colosseum came out. I just remember Espeon using Psychic, and the way they animated the move so that things looked refracted where the move was launched from and where it went to. Thought it was cool. And then Light Screen and Reflect, bending light to make forcefields (like Invisible woman), the Flash attack, double team - illusionary copies. The introduction of a dark type! (Having 9 Physical types, 8 special types). I felt the Pokemon world was begging for the Light type! lol!
So I appreciate that you think I made a decent stab at it! Cheers! :D

MeltingCORE

(It's you again! : D) I still think you're doing a nice job with your Light concept but what I said in my first post stands - I really think you should try scanning and editing your pictures on photoshop. XP

Thanks, when I next get a block of free-time I will give it a go. I was just happy to get to add some colour and more info to my designs, and publicize my moves and type match-ups a bit more! Glad you still think it's a good job! :D